iOS 11 Dev Beta 3 is now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
If I exit an app and swipe to a new screen immediately, I get a flicker of the app I'm exiting on the top left corner of the screen. Very annoying.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
There’s A LOT of code, and A LOT of new stuff, even if we don’t see a lot of it. One change in code can change how code works in numerous other areas. That’s why they use developers to beta test. Find where the software fails and how to reproduce it so they can fix the code in all the right places. Even that may end borking the code elsewhere again. That’s where this hilarious coding joke comes from, “99 bugs in the code, 99 bugs, fix a bug and patch it around, 105 bugs in the code.” Or something along those lines. The more complex these codes become the more bugs there will be and the more updates will be required to fix them.

Exactly right. iOS has millions of lines of code all together, Im sure. Maybe even tens of millions. A change in a few lines of code here, even if it seems almost inconsequential can totally change how the code there in another part of the OS works all together. These things are SO much more complex than what most people can even dream of knowing or understanding. One error, one typo in the code can totally break an entire system and finding these tiny errors can be like looking for a very specific needle in a needle stack. This is inherent to all complex software, and even more so with an OS that not only has to support itself, but everything running on top of it as well. Thats why there are both dev and public beta testers. The more people using it, the more usage scenarios come up, and the more likely that the obscure bugs are found before it goes out as a final version. There will always be bugs even in the Gold Master, but the hope is that the bigger and uglier ones have been squashed.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If I exit an app and swipe to a new screen immediately, I get a flicker of the app I'm exiting on the top left corner of the screen. Very annoying.

That’s not happening on my iPhone , but I did notice it happening in my iPad Pro shortly after installing the new dev beta. It’s currently turned off and on the charger. I’ll test it out again later on.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
That’s not happening on my iPhone , but I did notice it happening in my iPad Pro shortly after installing the new dev beta. It’s currently turned off and on the charger. I’ll test it out again later on.
A couple of other people I know running the beta and they are able to duplicate the problem. So I know it's not just me.

joxer007

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
My update is stuck at this point. I tried a reset. Still stuck
9b48fd52c013481f92229720e28ca6f6.png

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. I'm on call this weekend, but after that I may try a beta to see what iOS 11 is all about. 10.3.2 is running just fine on my 6 plus though so I hate to screw with it.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
A couple of other people I know running the beta and they are able to duplicate the problem. So I know it's not just me.

I don’t doubt you at all, especially when I noticed the same thing on my iPad Pro. I just haven’t noticed it on my iPhone yet.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I don’t doubt you at all, especially when I noticed the same thing on my iPad Pro. I just haven’t noticed it on my iPhone yet.

I don’t have it on my iPad but glad you can confirm it there. I’ll stay on 10.3.3 then for my iPad. Lol.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine sucks on the iPad. I have the 9.7” iPad Pro

I was doing all sorts of business-related stuff on my iPad Pro today and I was still using battery power when I upgraded to the latest dev beta so I’m not sure about battery life on it. I put it on the charger when it had approximately 29% battery life remaining and I haven’t used it since.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I was doing all sorts of business-related stuff on my iPad Pro today and I was still using battery power when I upgraded to the latest dev beta so I’m not sure about battery life on it. I put it on the charger when it has approximately 29% battery life remaining and I haven’t used it since.

Yeah I don’t know what the issue was this evening. Going to start fresh tomorrow and keep an eye on how quickly it drains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73