the home screen cant me customized, that is, only icons apps are allowed to have
    is smb willing to change that? sometimes i just want to have some lovely picture displayed there... but i cant
    06-29-2017 10:11 AM
    the home screen cant me customized, that is, only icons apps are allowed to have
    is smb willing to change that? sometimes i just want to have some lovely picture displayed there... but i cant
    That is IOS. Unless you jailbreak, you are always going to be limited to having icons on top of the background image.
    06-29-2017 11:16 AM
    Not sure what "smb" is.

But just move all the icons off the first page and you can have your wallpaper displayed.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    06-29-2017 04:53 PM
    Especially now that you can put 15 or so in the dock, heck make 3-4 of those folders and you might get away with 1 home screen and no icons on it!
    06-29-2017 09:13 PM
    Yeah, that´s one of the disadvantages over Android.

Cheers
    06-30-2017 04:25 AM
    Coming from Android, I also wish that iOS would allow some customization. Even the ability of being able to move around icons. Once again Apple could learn a few things from Android.
    06-30-2017 08:27 AM
    Yeah, I don't understand the reluctance to allow placement of icons wherever we want. It's such a simple and basic thing but it would be nice to be able to do. In android I create rows of icons like media, games etc. In ios things are always all jumbled up.
    06-30-2017 08:57 AM
    Uhhh .... after 10 years this whole iOS customization argument is so played out, it really is time to just move on. *spoiler alert* Apple isn't going to change this ...
    Spencerdl likes this.
    07-01-2017 08:51 AM
    Yeah, that´s one of the disadvantages over Android.

Cheers
    Coming from Android, I also wish that iOS would allow some customization. Even the ability of being able to move around icons. Once again Apple could learn a few things from Android.
    Yeah, I don't understand the reluctance to allow placement of icons wherever we want. It's such a simple and basic thing but it would be nice to be able to do. In android I create rows of icons like media, games etc. In ios things are always all jumbled up.
    In my opinion, it’s an identity thing. I don’t think Apple wants to allow the same level of customization as Android and risk losing the iPhone’s identity. Besides, millions of people continue to move over to iOS while knowing the lack of customization so why would they change from they’re already doing?
    Spencerdl likes this.
    07-01-2017 09:34 AM
    In my opinion, it’s an identity thing. I don’t think Apple wants to allow the same level of customization as Android and risk losing the iPhone’s identity. Besides, millions of people continue to move over to iOS while knowing the lack of customization so why would they change from they’re already doing?
    Exactly this. I totally agree with this post...LOL
    Just_Me_D and Not Quite Right like this.
    07-01-2017 09:41 AM