Do Not Disturb While Driving - a question

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I gather this new beta has implemented the new DNDWD feature.

I have Apple Carplay in my Civic and as I spend a lot of time in my car, and receive and make telephone calls and text messages via Siri whilst my phone is connected and stowed away, can the DNDWD feature be permanently disabled so I still receive audible notifications when I receive a call or text?

I don't want to have to remember to turn the function off every time I get into my car as I'm in and out multiple times each day.

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site

I have Apple Carplay in my Civic and as I spend a lot of time in my car, and receive and make telephone calls and text messages via Siri whilst my phone is connected and stowed away, can the DNDWD feature be permanently disabled so I still receive audible notifications when I receive a call or text?

I don't want to have to remember to turn the function off every time I get into my car as I'm in and out multiple times each day.

CarPlay overrides the DND feature.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Yes, it’s an opt-in feature, as in you have to enable DnDwD in settings for it to become active when you’re driving.
See this screenshot:
c29e13eee9130536ccfae30b96fafc80.png

Automatically uses the iPhone sensors to see if you’re in a moving vehicle, such as buses, trains, above ground metros and cars.
Car Bluetooth speaks for itself and Manually is that you have to enable it from the Control Panel.

In your case I’d suggest to set it to manually.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

CarPlay overrides the DND feature.

Yes, it’s an opt-in feature, as in you have to enable DnDwD in settings for it to become active when you’re driving.
See this screenshot:
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170629/c29e13eee9130536ccfae30b96fafc80.png
Automatically uses the iPhone sensors to see if you’re in a moving vehicle, such as buses, trains, above ground metros and cars.
Car Bluetooth speaks for itself and Manually is that you have to enable it from the Control Panel.

In your case I’d suggest to set it to manually.

All of this. DNDWD only disables your phone. Hands on features. So calls via Bluetooth in a vehicle will work, and anything audible like Siri will work. So CarPlay will still work as your messages and everything should be able to be controlled by voice. Otherwise, yes you can disable it in Settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner