Best app to handle multiple Gmail...

mchance003

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
I am in need of the best app that will handle multiple Gmail email accounts and that will allow me to search for a particular topic, name, email address, etc., and do a bulk delete without having to check off or click on each and every email. TIA

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If I had to guess, I'd say the official Gmail app. Still, I hope others who've configured multiple email accounts will reply soon.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Yea, the official app is probably the best at working with Gmail, for obvious reasons. Including multiple accounts.
Not sure how it works with bulk deletes, but that's generally something I would do from a desktop if I even got enough email to need something like that...
The Google Gmail app doesn't have swipe to delete?
Maybe Microsoft Outlook for iOS would work?

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
@mchance003 I can confirm that Airmail (developer is Bloop S.R.L) allows you to do this, not surprising as it is the most configurable and featured email solution (yet I still love mail.app and Spark).

1 - Type your search term in the search window (you can save searches if needed)
2 - Press and hold an email that comes up in the search to enter multiple editing view
3 - Choose "select all" at the top left of the multiple editing view
4 - Press the three circles to bring up actions, Mark as Read, Archive, Trash & More

I also checked Spark and Mail.app, neither offer the ability to select all messages in a search window.

Hope this helps

mchance003

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
Thank you so much. I have a ridiculous amount of email. Somewhere in the range of 232,000. I would die before deleting them individually. Going to try this. Thanks again!!

T-Rob

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
Go to the app store and search for a program called "email". You can program multiple accounts into it and few them all at the same time. This includes the search function. I love it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Go to the app store and search for a program called "email". You can program multiple accounts into it and few them all at the same time. This includes the search function. I love it.

Email is a great app. I especially liked the built-in unsubscribe feature. The only things missing, as of the last time I used it anyway, were syncing between devices and Mac support.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm... Mine syncs fine.

I’m talking about account syncing between devices. For example, I originally set up my email accounts on my iPad, and they automatically appeared on my iPhone and Mac. If I have to restore a device I don’t have to set everything up again. It syncs everything for me through iCloud.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

I've been looking for an email app exactly like this one, and not sure how I missed it before. I installed it and it's everything I needed to handle all of the email accounts that I have, and the built in filters are great (I'll use them all) I especially like being able to set my own sounds for each email account if I want. If you were standing here I'd kiss you on the cheek... thank you so much!

T-Rob

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
I've been looking for an email app exactly like this one, and not sure how I missed it before. I installed it and it's everything I needed to handle all of the email accounts that I have, and the built in filters are great (I'll use them all) I especially like being able to set my own sounds for each email account if I want. If you were standing here I'd kiss you on the cheek... thank you so much!

LOL... My pleasure. Love the sound feature...I have different sounds for each account.

reversalagent

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
LOL... My pleasure. Love the sound feature...I have different sounds for each account.

My issue with some of these 3rd party services is that the store messages on their servers for certain situations (push notifications, etc) and makes me a bit leery to let others have access to the account.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I have different sounds for each account on the stock Mail app. I use the VIP feature and love that. I also use Email. It's great. I like the iMessage integration where I can view mail while on iMessage.

T-Rob

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
My issue with some of these 3rd party services is that the store messages on their servers for certain situations (push notifications, etc) and makes me a bit leery to let others have access to the account.

Understand that. But, I don't have anything that is "secret" or remotely sensitive on my email accounts. I make sure of that. But, I totally understand where you're coming from.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Google is bad about that. And it's not just 3rd party apps. It's another way to glean ad preferences. Doesn't bother me.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2