iOS 11 is [emoji17]*** Awful

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 is God Awful

No it has nothing to do with watching videos or recording them.

The discussion on frame rate was the rate the OS is able to render actions. Opening apps. Scrolling, swipe screens, etc

I don't know, I guess I've never noticed that, and if I did, it obviously didn't render in the list of things that were possibly unsatisfying about iOS.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 is God Awful

For many of us who have mainly used iOS the last several years, we became accustomed to a nearly flawless experience using the operating system. And as time went on Apple started making more devices which created a scenario where they were making an OS to be optimized for not only the latest hardware, but legacy hardware. This caused what Android has historically been accused of; fragmentation. In turn it has become hard for us diehards to figure out what Apple's primary focus is anymore because we just find little flaws and quirks with iOS that just seem to not be addressed from point to point update, let alone major updates.

With this in mind it's no wonder that many of us aren't as happy with iOS as we once were. Apple set a standard that we became accustomed to.

That said, iOS is still a more stable, everyday-usable operating system compared to Android even with its current flaws, in my opinion.

Thanks BreakingKayfabe. Well said/written. I totally agree with this post. This is exactly how I feel.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I had it for barely 5 hours, GLADLY went back to iOS 10.3.X, I for the first time am appalled that this is what apple is offering as "software." It completely goes against the ease of use and simplicity that is iOS. It has now become painstakingly slow and twice as long to do anything. Crazy, I never though I would reach my pinnacle with updating apple software...

Are you for real? This is in beta. Good god

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What I am really really really loving is the keyboard. It makes my typing more efficient,fluid and fun. Yay or nay?

I’m not sure. I mean, I enjoy using the native keyboard because it’s sufficient for me, however, I haven’t noticed whether or not my typing has improved or become “more efficient” with the latest iOS 11 beta.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Are you for real? This is in beta. Good god

What an insightful reply.

I think what @miketko was trying to communicate is this is a beta and it's not expected to be clean as a full release. You need to go into it expecting bugs, issues, etc. If you do, you're bound to be disappointed.

If you're basing your opinion on a beta's performance about whether Apple is going in the right direction, that's short-sighted. Features, sure, but not performance. These things need to be worked out, which is part of what the beta is intended to do.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think what @miketko was trying to communicate is this is a beta and it's not expected to be clean as a full release. You need to go into it expecting bugs, issues, etc. If you do, you're bound to be disappointed.

If you're basing your opinion on a beta's performance about whether Apple is going in the right direction, that's short-sighted. Features, sure, but not performance. These things need to be worked out, which is part of what the beta is intended to do.

This is an excellent reply! ......Beta is unfinished software. Period. Too many people want to have the latest software and will even go through hoops to locate and install a beta, disregarding the associated warnings, but then complain when things aren’t working properly or their favorite apps keeps crashing, etcetera. Afterwards, they want to tell the world how bad the software and how the software’s maker is putting out garbage as if it was an official released and finished version. With that in mind, here are things a person need to be FULLY AWARE OF when deciding to partake in installing beta software on their device(s). In this regard, I’m specifically referring to iOS 11.

1. iOS 11 beta is unfinished software. In other words, it is not finished.
2. Your favorite apps may not work or may crash when in use.
3. There will be glitches, and some people may experience more than others.
4. Your battery life may decrease significantly.
5. Your device may get hot to the touch.
6. You may experience dropped calls and intermittent wireless connectivity.
7. Email and text message threads may be out of sync or may not even display consistently.
8. CarPlay may not function properly.
9. The synchronization between the phone and smart watch may be affected.
10. Re-read number 1.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
This is an excellent reply! ......Beta is unfinished software. Period. Too many people want to have the latest software and will even go through hoops to locate and install a beta, disregarding the associated warnings, but then complain when things aren’t working properly or their favorite apps keeps crashing, etcetera. Afterwards, they want to tell the world how bad the software and how the software’s maker is putting out garbage as if it was an official released and finished version. With that in mind, here are things a person need to be FULLY AWARE OF when deciding to partake in installing beta software on their device(s). In this regard, I’m specifically referring to iOS 11.

7. Email and text message threads may be out of sync or may not even display consistently.
10. Re-read number 1.

standing-ovation.gif

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Let’s face it. This is not the dawn of software engineering. Yes there will be bugs but come on there are some things by now that just shouldn’t break. Calls should not drop and messages shouldn’t be out of order. Now I will agree that third party apps may crash. Beta 1 though was better imo than beta 2. Yes it is all sarcasm I am speaking. Battery life does blow but there is the fact that beta software is designed to send out massive amounts of data to help work out the kinks. 🤦*♂️

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Those things you listed are also within Official releases.......

10. Re-read number 1.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Those things you listed are also within Official releases.......

I’m beginning to wonder how serious you are, by now.
None of your points in your posts are recognizable for me and to others I know off.

I have been using iOS for over 8 years now and have yet to experience any of the issues @Just_Me_D pointed out in his post.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
iOS 11 is 😔*** Awful

Let’s face it. This is not the dawn of software engineering. Yes there will be bugs but come on there are some things by now that just shouldn’t break. Calls should not drop and messages shouldn’t be out of order. Now I will agree that third party apps may crash. Beta 1 though was better imo than beta 2. Yes it is all sarcasm I am speaking. Battery life does blow but there is the fact that beta software is designed to send out massive amounts of data to help work out the kinks. 🤦*♂️

What’s with the ‘should’ and the ‘would’s??
I have yet to experience a dropped call and messages that are out of order.
I get at least hundreds messages a day and have yet to encounter an issue.

Everything is fair game in Beta’s, it’s the ultimate tool to test out new underlying technologies without disclosing what those are.
They are not bound to disclose anything.
And if you took the time to read through the official release notes, you would know that Apple is aware of the most issues that specific beta has.

All posts pertaining the shortcomings of betas are by default senseless and I can’t help to wonder if they are not intended as trolls.

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 is 😔*** Awful

What’s with the ‘should’ and the ‘would’s??
I have yet to experience a dropped call and messages that are out of order.
I get at least hundreds messages a day and have yet to encounter an issue.

Everything is fair game in Beta’s, it’s the ultimate tool to test out new underlying technologies without disclosing what those are.
They are not bound to disclose anything.
And if you took the time to read through the official release notes, you would know that Apple is aware of the most issues that specific beta has.

All posts pertaining the shortcomings of betas are by default senseless and I can’t help to wonder if they are not intended as trolls.

I was being sarcastic! I have yet to have call or msg issues. But still some bugs shouldn’t exist in this day except changes made to said functions.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I’m not sure. I mean, I enjoy using the native keyboard because it’s sufficient for me, however, I haven’t noticed whether or not my typing has improved or become “more efficient” with the latest iOS 11 beta.

I guess for me it is. The fact I can get number and symbols from a quick swipe while typing.

duckduckgoose

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm liking the keyboard on iOS 11. You can pull down on each key instead of hitting the up arrow to get different characters. It's really fast if I remember to use it every time!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner