iOS 11 is [emoji17]*** Awful

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 is God Awful

I consider beta to work fully to the core OS null when it is in beta... I will give Apple that. But you can't tell me that from iOS 7 full release builds to now on ios 10 things have been solid. If you say so, your turning a blind eye.....

Honestly iOS works great when it has no bugs. All I want is the basic functionality of the OS to work properly in beta. Closing apps should not be broken in beta like this nor should I never see a none updated battery usage screen. These are the bugs that are annoying me. Other than that it works flawlessly.

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

For me complete builds of the last 2 have been rock solid. Look I have had less trouble from iOS vs Android and trust me if it weren’t for the Note 7 fiasco I would not be on Apple. Aside from all the bugs I have yet to ha e an app crash but then again I did get the 256Gb 7+. Not exactly sure about iOS 7 & 8. 9 up have been fine for me. Guess we will see if Apple can iron out the as I call it re re bugs.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

I consider beta to work fully to the core OS null when it is in beta... I will give Apple that. But you can't tell me that from iOS 7 full release builds to now on ios 10 things have been solid. If you say so, your turning a blind eye.....

You are correct and I fully agree. For me, Apple has consistently tip toed into areas that I like to see. But they never fully jump in the pool. They tease around it and that is one of the most frustrating things to me. I get that it "just works" and it definitely "does what I need". But it could do so much more in comparison to the competition. I feel as though they are limiting it's capabilities at times. I'm starting to agree with @metllicamilitia when he says we are probably seeing iOS "as good as it is going to get". It's just a matter of accepting that or moving to another OS. But there are enough positives with iOS where I'll probably just deal and continue to use my iPhone as my primary device. (Which is probably exactly what they're banking on lol)

Honestly iOS works great when it has no bugs. All I want is the basic functionality of the OS to work properly in beta. Closing apps should not be broken in beta like this nor should I never see a none updated battery usage screen. These are the bugs that are annoying me. Other than that it works flawlessly.

I honestly think it's outrageous to willingly install a beta build and complain about stability on any level. It's a beta. You can't really expect anything to work properly in beta. It is for this reason that I didn't install it on my iPhone and instead placed it on my iPad, which doesn't get used nearly as much and I'm not as dependent on it.

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Look I am not complain per se. I’m just pointing out that some things in beta shouldn’t be broken. Yes and now that I opened my mouth I had my first app close out which was this one. Battery life I consider is an issue because it is beta and I assume it is sending data to report issues as it runs. All in all the bugs are still less in Apple’s beta than Android official non beta. And installed because I wanted watch OS4 for the HIIT workout. I can deal with the bugs just wish one they working in beta 1 didn’t mean it may be broken in beta 2. But hey it is what it is and I like the changes they have made and hope the next beta fixes those.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

Everything in beta can and could be broken, but not in a official release..... There is a distinctive difference. I don't like the changes as nothing with in the core OS is being fixed.... This is coming from history of beta releases that eventually went official and guess what. It's still not working correctly. My device is used in real life, not recordings or screen captures in Keynote as they present them....

Look I am not complain per se. I’m just pointing out that some things in beta shouldn’t be broken. Yes and now that I opened my mouth I had my first app close out which was this one. Battery life I consider is an issue because it is beta and I assume it is sending data to report issues as it runs. All in all the bugs are still less in Apple’s beta than Android official non beta. And installed because I wanted watch OS4 for the HIIT workout. I can deal with the bugs just wish one they working in beta 1 didn’t mean it may be broken in beta 2. But hey it is what it is and I like the changes they have made and hope the next beta fixes those.

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Everything in beta can and could be broken, but not in a official release..... There is a distinctive difference. I don't like the changes as nothing with in the core OS is being fixed.... This is coming from history of beta releases that eventually went official and guess what. It's still not working correctly. My device is used in real life, not recordings or screen captures in Keynote as they present them....

I agree and I also am curious as to if just updating and not doing a fresh install is the cause of some of the issues. If it were not for my fear that my watch would not connect after I would do a clean install of the beta 2. There must be features I don’t use that are causing you problems. Please list your issues if you don’t mind. Or did you already? Clearly there is an issue with something in the os and some have problems while others never see them. That’s what bothers me now. Have they gone and done what android does and let these apps have more control than they should like android?

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

I'm new to iOS. I got my 7+ in late January. I've had no issues with iOS 10.1 and 10.2. It's been a much more stable experience than I had on android. What am I missing? Are people having issues with the latest official 10.2? I can't speak to historical issues as I'm new to this OS but I will say reputationally speaking iOS is almost always heralded as fast and stable. Is that not really the case in y'alls experience?

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site

I like the changes that iOS has made with iOS 11. What everyone needs to remember though, is no OS update will ever work for everyone. There will always be people who love the changes made, there will always be people who hate them and think previous versions were better. You will never please everyone. It just wont happen. Changes happen because people and technology change. If any company wants to stay in business, they have to change things as well. In this, they will make changes that they think that most people want. Sometimes they succeed, sometimes they fail. Remember, that anyone who has never failed, has never tried anything new. To quote Mythbusters, failure is always an option. You learn more from failure than succeeding. When you fail before you succeed, you learn why it didnt work and what you can do to improve it and get the results you want. When you succeed right away, you often dont learn why you succeeded and why it worked.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I had it for barely 5 hours, GLADLY went back to iOS 10.3.X, I for the first time am appalled that this is what apple is offering as "software." It completely goes against the ease of use and simplicity that is iOS. It has now become painstakingly slow and twice as long to do anything. Crazy, I never though I would reach my pinnacle with updating apple software...

1. It is beta so the slowness will most likely be resolved.
2. I kind of agree. It seems like a lot of what they did makes it take more time to do something (UI app switcher can no longer just swipe away) It is almost like apple focused on the iPad for this update and kind of forgot about the iPhone. Will be interesting to see what they unveil as special features for the new iPhones, but kind of a meh update outside of the iPad.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

2. I kind of agree. It seems like a lot of what they did makes it take more time to do something (UI app switcher can no longer just swipe away) It is almost like apple focused on the iPad for this update and kind of forgot about the iPhone. Will be interesting to see what they unveil as special features for the new iPhones, but kind of a meh update outside of the iPad.

On iPhone it’s still swipe to close apps. It’s only iPad that you have to long press for the x’s. It is annoying, but with the change the fast app switcher I get why they did it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

On iPhone it’s still swipe to close apps. It’s only iPad that you have to long press for the x’s. It is annoying, but with the change the fast app switcher I get why they did it.

I still think that is pretty slow from a UI standpoint. (I am only running the beta on my iPad so didn't know about it being the same on iPhone) Glad they at least kept it the same on iPhone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I had it for barely 5 hours, GLADLY went back to iOS 10.3.X, I for the first time am appalled that this is what apple is offering as "software." It completely goes against the ease of use and simplicity that is iOS. It has now become painstakingly slow and twice as long to do anything. Crazy, I never though I would reach my pinnacle with updating apple software...

Please keep in mind that your experience with iOS 11 is not universal. Many of us are experiencing a fast and smooth user interface with minor glitches on seldom occasions. Anyway, I hope the next beta update will be a better user experience for you.

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
yeah, that is not the final release and ur thoughts are very important. try to send your feedback in the official forums of apple so that they will see it. some time ago i have wrote a feature to be implemented in gmail and after a few months it has appeared. i was so happy that i told it to all my friends and many of them have moved to gmail too :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
yeah, that is not the final release and ur thoughts are very important. try to send your feedback in the official forums of apple so that they will see it. some time ago i have wrote a feature to be implemented in gmail and after a few months it has appeared. i was so happy that i told it to all my friends and many of them have moved to gmail too :)

Please use the quote option when responding so that readers can know to whom you’re replying. Thanks.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

The frame drops and lag have not been resolved from the last 3 builds, it started at 7.0 and it still an issue to this day on a official release.

30 fps you will get frame drops and stuttering. It's annoying.

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm still trying to figure out how it will be better to have to tap once to open the pane, 2nd time to pop up volume or brightness adjustment then 3rd step to make your adjustment.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR