iOS 11 is [emoji17]*** Awful

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Pretty serious. I am not stating Beta is in no way solid for official use. My comments only stated that there is current issues with official builds that Apple has ignored and not addressed with an official releases, Which in turn feels like you are in a beta install which it's truly not....

I’m beginning to wonder how serious you are, by now.
None of your points in your posts are recognizable for me and to others I know off.

I have been using iOS for over 8 years now and have yet to experience any of the issues @Just_Me_D pointed out in his post.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 is 😔*** Awful

I don't think most are looking for a beta "feel" to be released to the masses. But As I mentioned before, and other have commented, those that have been with iOS for quite some time. We have seen changes, those changes have caused "quirks" with in iOS, that we have never expected or seen, this is a a official build, not beta. And the issues are not being fixed 2-3 years later. Refresh rate, stutter, etc. As we have mentioned again, being on official release vs beta, they are pretty much the same now as there is still issues within the OS making it seem "off the rocker"

Of course they are. But there’s no way ANYONE should be expecting a BETA to perform the way they seem to think it should. Otherwise why not just push it out to everyone?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 is 😔*** Awful

I don't think most are looking for a beta "feel" to be released to the masses. But As I mentioned before, and other have commented, those that have been with iOS for quite some time. We have seen changes, those changes have caused "quirks" with in iOS, that we have never expected or seen, this is a a official build, not beta. And the issues are not being fixed 2-3 years later. Refresh rate, stutter, etc. As we have mentioned again, being on official release vs beta, they are pretty much the same now as there is still issues within the OS making it seem "off the rocker"

Some of those quirks you mention date back to freaken iOS 7!

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Well if you have the 32 or 64 gigabyte version then it’s going to do that. That is why Apple makes the more expensive version. What’s under the hood is lacking on those. They have been doing it for years now. Seems like mine has finally settled somehow. Can’t wait for beta 3 and maybe it will fix all these small irregularities.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well if you have the 32 or 64 gigabyte version then it’s going to do that. That is why Apple makes the more expensive version. What’s under the hood is lacking on those. They have been doing it for years now. Seems like mine has finally settled somehow. Can’t wait for beta 3 and maybe it will fix all these small irregularities.

What does storage capacity have to do with iOS 11 beta bugs?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Wow, the comments section of that article is a firestorm. Do people really get that worked up about this stuff?

I hadn’t even read that article when I posted it.
I had no need to, because I have a 256GB 7 Plus.

But all-in–all, conclusion is it is slower but not because Apple willingly throttles the speed or uses lesser quality products in it.

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Memory as in RAM?

All of it slower. I put my son’s 32Gb to the test. Internet speeds were slower along with certain apps would just take longer to load. Not saying it’s bad but could also cause issues with beta software that the bigger models don’t see. Seriously it’s like 2 things that don’t work on my 7+ 256Gb. That’s it. But his 32Gb has all kinds of app crashes and just plain slow response time. Really seems they gimped on performance. They need to quit making smaller memory models and just sell the 256Gb. You know how it goes. The bigger the os gets the more it needs.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
iOS 11 is 😔*** Awful

All of it slower. I put my son’s 32Gb to the test. Internet speeds were slower along with certain apps would just take longer to load. Not saying it’s bad but could also cause issues with beta software that the bigger models don’t see. Seriously it’s like 2 things that don’t work on my 7+ 256Gb. That’s it. But his 32Gb has all kinds of app crashes and just plain slow response time. Really seems they gimped on performance. They need to quit making smaller memory models and just sell the 256Gb. You know how it goes. The bigger the os gets the more it needs.

That’s not gonna happen and you know it. Most they will do is increase the storage.
The issues you mention on your kid’s device have to do with bugs and such. A clean install and restore from a backup afterwards will make those issues go away.
I don’t think gimping has anything to do with it.
No 2 devices perform the same. There is a thread about benchmarks and you can see that all 7 Plus 256GB iPhones have different results: Elite iPhone 7

https://forums.imore.com/iphone-7/388195-elite-iphone-7-a.html

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
His was a clean install. And it could just be certain apps cause issues. But his device does seem slower and less able to handle the load so to speak. It could be as simple as how many apps vs the type of user.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
His was a clean install. And it could just be certain apps cause issues. But his device does seem slower and less able to handle the load so to speak. It could be as simple as how many apps vs the type of user.

A 32 gb phone starts with about 28 gb available. If the storage is almost full with apps and etc, it does affect the performance. So a 32 gb with only 2 gb available may not perform as well as one with 12 gb available. But that's true with any size storage space. They recommend leaving 20% of the storage space free for best performance.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
A 32 gb phone starts with about 28 gb available. If the storage is almost full with apps and etc, it does affect the performance. So a 32 gb with only 2 gb available may not perform as well as one with 12 gb available. But that's true with any size storage space. They recommend leaving 20% of the storage space free for best performance.

That’s only with old, conventional spinning hard drives.