Some of those quirks you mention date back to freaken iOS 7!
    Yup.. iOS has been like that in general since the launch of iOS 7. Apparently very few like to admit it or either they can't see it. Apple promise 60 fps throughout the system but I have not seen it since iOS 6.........
    Last edited by John Yester; 07-13-2017 at 10:17 AM.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    07-13-2017 09:43 AM
    I like it a lot. A lot of the changes are really great.
    Scor Pio and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    07-13-2017 09:55 AM
    Yup.. iOS has been like that in general since the launch of iOS 7. Apparently very few like to admit it or either they can't see it. Apple promise 60 fps throughout the system but I have not seen it since iOS 6.........
    Seems plenty of people nowadays don't like to admit any truth, lol
    John Yester likes this.
    07-13-2017 10:57 AM
    Seems plenty of people nowadays don't like to admit any truth, lol
    That’s not it.
    Plenty of people don’t experience iOS the way you and @John Yester do.
    There is nothing wrong with that, I personally don’t recognize your criticism in myself and I’m definitely a power user with very high standards.
    Sherry_B and TheRandomDealio like this.
    07-13-2017 12:18 PM
    That’s not it.
    Plenty of people don’t experience iOS the way you and @John Yester do.
    There is nothing wrong with that, I personally don’t recognize your criticism in myself and I’m definitely a power user with very high standards.
    Agreed! I personally am very pleased with IOS and it only Keeps improving. Looking forward to iOS 11.
    TheRandomDealio likes this.
    07-13-2017 01:08 PM
    Two topic post:

I’ve been beta testing programs since the DOS version of Managing Your Money in the mid ‘80s (!) [redacted] I’ve never expected anything more than a buggy program, and enjoy helping to eliminate bugs via feedback. It’s a voluntary choice, and there is never a reason to criticize the developer.

Q: In every version of iOS, streaming video apps like MLB, CNN, and ESPN do not permit you do anything else, i.e., multitasking, with the iPhone or iPad while you’re watching, or the video and sound just stops. I was told this had to do with the way the third party app was written. Is it that, or is it something that could be made to work through the iOS?
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 07-13-2017 at 03:13 PM.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    07-13-2017 02:45 PM
    Q: In every version of iOS, streaming video apps like MLB, CNN, and ESPN do not permit you do anything else, i.e., multitasking, with the iPhone or iPad while you’re watching, or the video and sound just stops. I was told this had to do with the way the third party app was written. Is it that, or is it something that could be made to work through the iOS?
    Apple started with including music videos in Music.
    I have a lot of those in my library.
    Whenever I start playing one and go to another app the playback stops.
    I have to slide up Control Center and tap the play button to hear the music again. It then continues playing, regardless of what you’re doing on your iPhone.
    I don’t know if other apps support this as well, but it would truly be a welcome addition.
    07-13-2017 02:50 PM
    I Agree 100% with this.. Its still VERY new. Give it time, and they will fix up the bugs a they gather more data. Its the same with almost every single Beta release. Now worrying just yet
    07-13-2017 03:27 PM
    Two topic post:

This is not an iOS bug. It's up to the App developers whether to allow sound in the background while not on the app. Xfinity Stream recently added the option to hear sound in the background while not on the app. There's a trick that works for YouTube. Not sure if it works for those apps you mentioned.
    07-13-2017 03:41 PM
    Here's the option in Xfinity Stream :

07-13-2017 03:46 PM
    Thanks. Yes, I found the Background Audio toggle in Xfinity, and it does work with Xfinity. I can't find it for any of the other apps that I mentioned. I wonder if it's an oversight on their part, or that they want to make sure you're paying full attention to their content.
    07-13-2017 10:09 PM
    Apple started with including music videos in Music.
    I have a lot of those in my library.
    Whenever I start playing one and go to another app the playback stops.
    I have to slide up Control Center and tap the play button to hear the music again. It then continues playing, regardless of what you’re doing on your iPhone.
    I don’t know if other apps support this as well, but it would truly be a welcome addition.
    On an iPhone I think this is working as intended. Hitting the Home button caches the current app, which puts it in a suspended state until you're ready to use it again. Now on my iPad it works as like you want... dragging another app over the top of a video and the video keeps playing. You do have to fiddle with it a few times to get it to work, but that's beta life and obviously something they're working on.
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-14-2017 12:58 PM
    I don't like the direction in design they seem to take in iOS 11. I rather like they keep the iOS 10 design language as it is. They make it harder to use it.

The new App Store is hard to get an overlook in. Too big images. The new Messages app looks like it has ads in it because of the icons/stickers at the bottom. So ugly. I'm not a fan of the new notification center either which looks like the lock screen. For the first time ever I might skip to upgrade when the update comes. I'm dissapointed in what I have seen so far for the most part. Bad design choises. Steve would never had allowed this.
    gjh1978 likes this.
    07-18-2017 08:23 AM
    I don't like the direction in design they seem to take in iOS 11. I rather like they keep the iOS 10 design language as it is. They make it harder to use it.

The new App Store is hard to get an overlook in. Too big images. The new Messages app looks like it has ads in it because of the icons/stickers at the bottom. So ugly. I'm not a fan of the new notification center either which looks like the lock screen. For the first time ever I might skip to upgrade when the update comes. I'm dissapointed in what I have seen so far for the most part. Bad design choises. Steve would never had allowed this.
    I couldn't agree more, I've tried to use both betas in hope that the design language and changes would grow on me.

Not even close..I for the first time am 1000% content to stay on iOS 10.3.3 on my iPhone 7 and hopefully when iOS 12 releases, Apple will have realized their errors and correct the software back to the stable, user-friendly version it is on iOS 10 and previous iterations.
    07-19-2017 06:38 AM

Not even close..I for the first time am 1000% content to stay on iOS 10.3.3 on my iPhone 7 and hopefully when iOS 12 releases, Apple will have realized their errors and correct the software back to the stable, user-friendly version it is on iOS 10 and previous iterations.
    How did you determine that the official release of iOS 11 will not be stable, or as stable as iOS 10?
    07-19-2017 08:50 AM
    How did you determine that the official release of iOS 11 will not be stable, or as stable as iOS 10?
    Psychic powers or some kind of physics bending time viewer is my guess. I don't know how else anyone can be so certain based on early betas.

Sent via the Communications Center of the Takari
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-19-2017 09:50 AM
    I took the plunge and reverted back to 10.3.3. I couldn't stand the lag on my touch screen, battery life was horrible and apps wouldn't download from App Store. I kept it on my iPad mini so I can still mess with new features but I had to have a functioning daily driver.
    07-25-2017 10:28 AM
    Well that's it I have decided to sell my 6s Plus and start using my Android full time. I don't really want to but Apple kind of forces me to with their bull**** in iOS 11. Removing 3D Touch features I use frequently and doing bad design choices. It's a bummer really but I can't ignore it. Got a too good to skip offer for my iPhone and will sell it next week.
    08-16-2017 10:34 AM
    Hope it works out for you. we will be here when you switch back.

Well that's it I have decided to sell my 6s Plus and start using my Android full time. I don't really want to but Apple kind of forces me to with their bull**** in iOS 11. Removing 3D Touch features I use frequently and doing bad design choices. It's a bummer really but I can't ignore it. Got a too good to skip offer for my iPhone and will sell it next week.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    08-16-2017 10:48 AM
    Hope it works out for you. we will be here when you switch back.
    I never really switch fully I always have an Android and iPhone simultaneously as I enjoy both systems. I might buy an iPhone 8 in the future but don't like the possible skip of Touch ID and full use of iris. As well as bezel less phones that I do not appreciate because of ergonomic reasons.

Seems to me like Apple is falling in the popularity contest trap category and do things that are "trending" and will most likely die out in the future somewhat. I never thought I would see Apple do these kind of decisions and dump ergonomics and usability for eyecandy reasons both hardware and software wise. It's a shame, really.
    Last edited by dannejanne; 08-16-2017 at 11:28 AM.
    vpblaze likes this.
    08-16-2017 10:59 AM
145 ... 456