I'm liking the keyboard on iOS 11. You can pull down on each key instead of hitting the up arrow to get different characters. It's really fast if I remember to use it every time!
    Yes, old habits are tough to break!
    07-05-2017 04:29 AM
    Pretty serious. I am not stating Beta is in no way solid for official use. My comments only stated that there is current issues with official builds that Apple has ignored and not addressed with an official releases, Which in turn feels like you are in a beta install which it's truly not....

I’m beginning to wonder how serious you are, by now.
    None of your points in your posts are recognizable for me and to others I know off.

I have been using iOS for over 8 years now and have yet to experience any of the issues @Just_Me_D pointed out in his post.
    07-05-2017 08:45 AM
    I don't think most are looking for a beta "feel" to be released to the masses. But As I mentioned before, and other have commented, those that have been with iOS for quite some time. We have seen changes, those changes have caused "quirks" with in iOS, that we have never expected or seen, this is a a official build, not beta. And the issues are not being fixed 2-3 years later. Refresh rate, stutter, etc. As we have mentioned again, being on official release vs beta, they are pretty much the same now as there is still issues within the OS making it seem "off the rocker"

Of course they are. But there’s no way ANYONE should be expecting a BETA to perform the way they seem to think it should. Otherwise why not just push it out to everyone?
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    07-05-2017 08:49 AM
    I don't think most are looking for a beta "feel" to be released to the masses. But As I mentioned before, and other have commented, those that have been with iOS for quite some time. We have seen changes, those changes have caused "quirks" with in iOS, that we have never expected or seen, this is a a official build, not beta. And the issues are not being fixed 2-3 years later. Refresh rate, stutter, etc. As we have mentioned again, being on official release vs beta, they are pretty much the same now as there is still issues within the OS making it seem "off the rocker"
    Some of those quirks you mention date back to freaken iOS 7!
    07-08-2017 12:13 PM
    Well if you have the 32 or 64 gigabyte version then it’s going to do that. That is why Apple makes the more expensive version. What’s under the hood is lacking on those. They have been doing it for years now. Seems like mine has finally settled somehow. Can’t wait for beta 3 and maybe it will fix all these small irregularities.
    07-08-2017 02:53 PM
    Well if you have the 32 or 64 gigabyte version then it’s going to do that. That is why Apple makes the more expensive version. What’s under the hood is lacking on those. They have been doing it for years now. Seems like mine has finally settled somehow. Can’t wait for beta 3 and maybe it will fix all these small irregularities.
    What does storage capacity have to do with iOS 11 beta bugs?
    07-08-2017 09:11 PM
    Apple put a slower memory in those models.
    07-08-2017 09:36 PM
    That’s not true.
    Read the following to understand better what’s really going on:
    https://m.imore.com/no-32-gb-iphone-...w-storage-work
    scruffypig likes this.
    07-09-2017 03:06 AM
    That’s not true.
    Read the following to understand better what’s really going on:
    https://m.imore.com/no-32-gb-iphone-...w-storage-work
    Wow, the comments section of that article is a firestorm. Do people really get that worked up about this stuff?
    07-09-2017 08:07 AM
    Wow, the comments section of that article is a firestorm. Do people really get that worked up about this stuff?
    I hadn’t even read that article when I posted it.
    I had no need to, because I have a 256GB 7 Plus.

But all-in–all, conclusion is it is slower but not because Apple willingly throttles the speed or uses lesser quality products in it.
    07-09-2017 08:15 AM
    Absolutely.
    07-09-2017 09:32 AM
    Absolutely.
    And in a way understandable. They buy the same device as others, but with less storage. And then reading/hearing that it might perform slower may make them feel robbed, but is in this case not justified.
    07-09-2017 10:02 AM
    Memory as in RAM?
    07-09-2017 10:06 AM
    Memory as in RAM?
    No, NAND drives.
    07-09-2017 10:09 AM
    Memory as in RAM?
    All of it slower. I put my son’s 32Gb to the test. Internet speeds were slower along with certain apps would just take longer to load. Not saying it’s bad but could also cause issues with beta software that the bigger models don’t see. Seriously it’s like 2 things that don’t work on my 7+ 256Gb. That’s it. But his 32Gb has all kinds of app crashes and just plain slow response time. Really seems they gimped on performance. They need to quit making smaller memory models and just sell the 256Gb. You know how it goes. The bigger the os gets the more it needs.
    07-09-2017 10:14 AM
    All of it slower. I put my son’s 32Gb to the test. Internet speeds were slower along with certain apps would just take longer to load. Not saying it’s bad but could also cause issues with beta software that the bigger models don’t see. Seriously it’s like 2 things that don’t work on my 7+ 256Gb. That’s it. But his 32Gb has all kinds of app crashes and just plain slow response time. Really seems they gimped on performance. They need to quit making smaller memory models and just sell the 256Gb. You know how it goes. The bigger the os gets the more it needs.
    That’s not gonna happen and you know it. Most they will do is increase the storage.
    The issues you mention on your kid’s device have to do with bugs and such. A clean install and restore from a backup afterwards will make those issues go away.
    I don’t think gimping has anything to do with it.
    No 2 devices perform the same. There is a thread about benchmarks and you can see that all 7 Plus 256GB iPhones have different results: Elite iPhone 7

https://forums.imore.com/iphone-7/38...phone-7-a.html
    Sherry_B likes this.
    07-09-2017 10:20 AM
    His was a clean install. And it could just be certain apps cause issues. But his device does seem slower and less able to handle the load so to speak. It could be as simple as how many apps vs the type of user.
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-09-2017 11:12 AM
    His was a clean install. And it could just be certain apps cause issues. But his device does seem slower and less able to handle the load so to speak. It could be as simple as how many apps vs the type of user.
    A 32 gb phone starts with about 28 gb available. If the storage is almost full with apps and etc, it does affect the performance. So a 32 gb with only 2 gb available may not perform as well as one with 12 gb available. But that's true with any size storage space. They recommend leaving 20% of the storage space free for best performance.
    07-09-2017 11:31 AM
    A 32 gb phone starts with about 28 gb available. If the storage is almost full with apps and etc, it does affect the performance. So a 32 gb with only 2 gb available may not perform as well as one with 12 gb available. But that's true with any size storage space. They recommend leaving 20% of the storage space free for best performance.
    That’s only with old, conventional spinning hard drives.
    BreakingKayfabe and Sherry_B like this.
    07-09-2017 11:49 AM
    That’s only with old, conventional spinning hard drives.
    Ahh, so!
    Tartarus and mpham2 like this.
    07-09-2017 01:47 PM
    Agreed @duckduckgoose, the new Keyboard on iPad is great (mind you I find myself typing with the SmartCover most of the time).

I can appreciate some of the feelings around that are focused on how multi-tasking now works, for me my main frustration was with finding the right way to switch audio output source before my audio or video starts to play (mainly trying to re-aquire my Earpods).

In iOS 10 this was a swipe up, swipe left and choose from the drop box previously.
    In iOS 11 it is now aswipe up, press and hold the music playback control, choose from the list of audio destinations.
    Not a great deal of change in the long run when I look at it, but a chance in muscle memory no doubt

I understand that Apple is likely thinking that we should be choosing our audio destination from within the app playing the content, problem is in many cases the playback controls in Videos don’t appear until the video starts playing or I don’t actually use the app at all to start playback (double tap gesture).
    07-09-2017 11:56 PM
    So everyone hates iOS now? lol
    07-12-2017 09:20 PM
    What’s awful about it? I actually like it better than iOS 10 so far..
    Just_Me_D and Sherry_B like this.
    07-13-2017 06:39 AM
    So everyone hates iOS now? lol
    Um....No...
    213ninja and Sherry_B like this.
    07-13-2017 07:57 AM
    What’s awful about it? I actually like it better than iOS 10 so far..
    Same here....
    DarkKnight08 and Sherry_B like this.
    07-13-2017 07:57 AM
145 ... 3456