iOS 11 is [emoji17]*** Awful

dexterouz

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Beta updates are supposed to have bugs. And some bugs and performance vary from device to device.
This is natural. I always prefer for a stable release.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 is 😔*** Awful

Not harsh at all... for a billion dollar company, you would think in previous versions of iOS the issues I have named would have been fixed. They have ignored it. simple as that. You can have all the great hardware, but if the software is lacking, that is what really matters.

I think John was being a little harsh in his response. Every operating system has bugs. Every manufacturer’s first concern is what will sell. That being said, if you’re looking for stability and security iOS is your best bet. It isn’t perfect but it’s much smoother than its Android counterpart from what I’ve experienced, what I’ve read, and what others have shared in our forums. Security updates to iOS are fast and frequent, compared to Android devices where patches can take months to be made available for your specific device.

Apple has always been very focused on user experience and privacy. That’s not going to change. We are all very quick to judge iOS 11 even though it’s still in early beta. Give it some time.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 is 😔*** Awful

Not harsh at all... for a billion dollar company, you would think in previous versions of iOS the issues I have named would have been fixed. They have ignored it. simple as that. You can have all the great hardware, but if the software is lacking, that is what really matters.

I’m not disagreeing with your point, only saying that it’s better than the alternative.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Beta 11 is working just fine on my iPad Pro.

I'm not going to install it on my iPhone since I use it as my daily device and need it for work purposes.

I was an Android beta tester for years and part of using a beta is discovering and submitting the bugs that will arise.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
If nothing else this thread and it's OP started a GREAT debate, about OS11 and the nature of beta testing! Personally I wait till we are a bit further along in the beta process before I jump in. :) Too many BAD Windows betas in my past. ;)

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
If nothing else this thread and it's OP started a GREAT debate, about OS11 and the nature of beta testing! Personally I wait till we are a bit further along in the beta process before I jump in. :) Too many BAD Windows betas in my past. ;)

I don’t blame you, these betas have each had one rather annoying bug each for me. Beta 1 was respring with so many song skips, and beta 2 is passing A/V to another device.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Did you seriously compare an iOS beta to a windows beta?

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 is God Awful

The frame drops and lag have not been resolved from the last 3 builds, it started at 7.0 and it still an issue to this day on a official release.

30 fps you will get frame drops and stuttering. It's annoying.

Are you talking about watching YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Apple Movies etc? I've not noticed this.

Or are you talking about video you record on your phone? I've not noticed this either. I took several videos with my phone this past weekend at my wedding and have watched them all. No stuttering or frame drops. I recorded them at 1080p 30fps on my iPhone 6s.

Could this be a hardware issue that popped up around 3 builds ago?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 is God Awful

Are you talking about watching YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Apple Movies etc? I've not noticed this.

Or are you talking about video you record on your phone? I've not noticed this either. I took several videos with my phone this past weekend at my wedding and have watched them all. No stuttering or frame drops. I recorded them at 1080p 30fps on my iPhone 6s.

Could this be a hardware issue that popped up around 3 builds ago?

No it has nothing to do with watching videos or recording them.

The discussion on frame rate was the rate the OS is able to render actions. Opening apps. Scrolling, swipe screens, etc

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen