Good lord. Nobody is willing to answer my question.
    06-28-2017 09:48 PM
    I'm new to iOS. I got my 7+ in late January. I've had no issues with iOS 10.1 and 10.2. It's been a much more stable experience than I had on android. What am I missing? Are people having issues with the latest official 10.2? I can't speak to historical issues as I'm new to this OS but I will say reputationally speaking iOS is almost always heralded as fast and stable. Is that not really the case in y'alls experience?
    For many of us who have mainly used iOS the last several years, we became accustomed to a nearly flawless experience using the operating system. And as time went on Apple started making more devices which created a scenario where they were making an OS to be optimized for not only the latest hardware, but legacy hardware. This caused what Android has historically been accused of; fragmentation. In turn it has become hard for us diehards to figure out what Apple's primary focus is anymore because we just find little flaws and quirks with iOS that just seem to not be addressed from point to point update, let alone major updates.

With this in mind it's no wonder that many of us aren't as happy with iOS as we once were. Apple set a standard that we became accustomed to.

That said, iOS is still a more stable, everyday-usable operating system compared to Android even with its current flaws, in my opinion.
    06-28-2017 10:02 PM
    For me personally, I can't see that Apple have changed the design language of iOS 11 in any real way, especially on the iPhone (but we might see further feature changes/features drop closer to, or with hardware release later in the year).

The iPad is a far better story for me, in that I can't stand using iOS 10 anymore, especially on a 12.9" iPad, trying to use the iOS 10 split screen and the app switcher just doesn't cut it (it should have never been released in this form). The ability to have apps 1/4 or 1/2 on either left or right side, to then have the "window over" capability also is great.

Personally I'd like them to get around to the following types of features/changes:

1 - Make closing apps work more like safari tabs, and why not a close all apps button (I know I know that we don't need to close apps, well most apps.....well some we do need to close)
    2 - Add "all reminders" view for reminders app, to show all tasks in all folders sorted by due date or alphabetical
    3 - Ability to set priority over bluetooth devices, when I'm using my AirPods, I don't want any other device to takeover
    4 - Ability to set priority over WIFI network selection
    5 - Remove that awful 3.5m audio jack from my iPad........ok this one is a joke, please don't take it away
    06-28-2017 10:04 PM
    Exactly

Well said, well said indeed

For many of us who have mainly used iOS the last several years, we became accustomed to a nearly flawless experience using the operating system. And as time went on Apple started making more devices which created a scenario where they were making an OS to be optimized for not only the latest hardware, but legacy hardware. This caused what Android has historically been accused of; fragmentation. In turn it has become hard for us diehards to figure out what Apple's primary focus is anymore because we just find little flaws and quirks with iOS that just seem to not be addressed from point to point update, let alone major updates.

With this in mind it's no wonder that many of us aren't as happy with iOS as we once were. Apple set a standard that we became accustomed to.

That said, iOS is still a more stable, everyday-usable operating system compared to Android even with its current flaws, in my opinion.
    Spencerdl and anon(427874) like this.
    06-28-2017 10:06 PM

Thank you. I'm hopeful that the same attention to detail will become a priority. I'm really liking my 7+ in the meantime.
    06-28-2017 10:22 PM
    Thank you. I'm hopeful that the same attention to detail will become a priority. I'm really liking my 7+ in the meantime.
    I will be surprised if it does get made a priority.....
    06-28-2017 10:24 PM
    I will be surprised if it does get made a priority.....
    That's a bummer. Why do you think so?
    06-28-2017 10:27 PM
    That's a bummer. Why do you think so?
    Because it's been going on year after year.

The issue with users and tech reviewers is they have accepted choppiness and frame drops. It's always been that way.....
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    06-28-2017 10:33 PM
    Because it's been going on year after year
    Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware apple had slid so far. I'll keep an eye on the next pixel. To be honest I came here for stability and security. But I'll have to be less trusting in my initial interpretation.
    06-28-2017 10:36 PM
    Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware apple had slid so far. I'll keep an eye on the next pixel. To be honest I came here for stability and security. But I'll have to be less trusting in my initial interpretation.
    I think John was being a little harsh in his response. Every operating system has bugs. Every manufacturer’s first concern is what will sell. That being said, if you’re looking for stability and security iOS is your best bet. It isn’t perfect but it’s much smoother than its Android counterpart from what I’ve experienced, what I’ve read, and what others have shared in our forums. Security updates to iOS are fast and frequent, compared to Android devices where patches can take months to be made available for your specific device.

Apple has always been very focused on user experience and privacy. That’s not going to change. We are all very quick to judge iOS 11 even though it’s still in early beta. Give it some time.
    06-29-2017 05:55 AM
    Beta updates are supposed to have bugs. And some bugs and performance vary from device to device.
    This is natural. I always prefer for a stable release.
    robertk328 likes this.
    06-29-2017 06:00 AM
    Beta updates are supposed to have bugs. And some bugs and performance vary from device to device.
    This is natural. I always prefer for a stable release.
    Beta get better over time. B1 or even B2 are not your best bet for stability
    06-29-2017 07:10 AM
    Not harsh at all... for a billion dollar company, you would think in previous versions of iOS the issues I have named would have been fixed. They have ignored it. simple as that. You can have all the great hardware, but if the software is lacking, that is what really matters.

I think John was being a little harsh in his response. Every operating system has bugs. Every manufacturer’s first concern is what will sell. That being said, if you’re looking for stability and security iOS is your best bet. It isn’t perfect but it’s much smoother than its Android counterpart from what I’ve experienced, what I’ve read, and what others have shared in our forums. Security updates to iOS are fast and frequent, compared to Android devices where patches can take months to be made available for your specific device.

Apple has always been very focused on user experience and privacy. That’s not going to change. We are all very quick to judge iOS 11 even though it’s still in early beta. Give it some time.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    06-29-2017 07:26 AM
    Not harsh at all... for a billion dollar company, you would think in previous versions of iOS the issues I have named would have been fixed. They have ignored it. simple as that. You can have all the great hardware, but if the software is lacking, that is what really matters.
    I’m not disagreeing with your point, only saying that it’s better than the alternative.
    bhorner86 likes this.
    06-29-2017 07:29 AM
    I’m not disagreeing with your point, only saying that it’s better than the alternative.
    Agreed still better than android.
    06-29-2017 08:17 AM
    Beta 11 is working just fine on my iPad Pro.

I'm not going to install it on my iPhone since I use it as my daily device and need it for work purposes.

I was an Android beta tester for years and part of using a beta is discovering and submitting the bugs that will arise.
    06-29-2017 08:32 AM
    If nothing else this thread and it's OP started a GREAT debate, about OS11 and the nature of beta testing! Personally I wait till we are a bit further along in the beta process before I jump in. Too many BAD Windows betas in my past.
    metllicamilitia likes this.
    06-29-2017 09:27 AM
    If nothing else this thread and it's OP started a GREAT debate, about OS11 and the nature of beta testing! Personally I wait till we are a bit further along in the beta process before I jump in. Too many BAD Windows betas in my past.
    I don’t blame you, these betas have each had one rather annoying bug each for me. Beta 1 was respring with so many song skips, and beta 2 is passing A/V to another device.
    pkcable likes this.
    06-29-2017 09:52 AM
    this is the best version of ios
    06-29-2017 10:44 AM
    Did you seriously compare an iOS beta to a windows beta?
    John Yester likes this.
    06-29-2017 10:53 AM
    Did you seriously compare an iOS beta to a windows beta?
    There is no comparison
    06-29-2017 12:13 PM
    It's a beta, seems like you should wait until the fully baked version.
    06-29-2017 03:11 PM
    I removed it off my iPad too, annoyed me.
    06-29-2017 03:17 PM
    iOS has not been fully baked for a LONG time....

It's a beta, seems like you should wait until the fully baked version.
    06-29-2017 03:52 PM
    Good lord. Nobody is willing to answer my question.
    did I answer your question? since I dont know what your question was, I'm just guessing on the answer... lol...
    robertk328 likes this.
    06-29-2017 04:38 PM
145 12345 ...