Everything in beta can and could be broken, but not in a official release..... There is a distinctive difference. I don't like the changes as nothing with in the core OS is being fixed.... This is coming from history of beta releases that eventually went official and guess what. It's still not working correctly. My device is used in real life, not recordings or screen captures in Keynote as they present them....
    I agree and I also am curious as to if just updating and not doing a fresh install is the cause of some of the issues. If it were not for my fear that my watch would not connect after I would do a clean install of the beta 2. There must be features I don’t use that are causing you problems. Please list your issues if you don’t mind. Or did you already? Clearly there is an issue with something in the os and some have problems while others never see them. That’s what bothers me now. Have they gone and done what android does and let these apps have more control than they should like android?
    06-28-2017 11:51 AM
    I'm new to iOS. I got my 7+ in late January. I've had no issues with iOS 10.1 and 10.2. It's been a much more stable experience than I had on android. What am I missing? Are people having issues with the latest official 10.2? I can't speak to historical issues as I'm new to this OS but I will say reputationally speaking iOS is almost always heralded as fast and stable. Is that not really the case in y'alls experience?
    06-28-2017 12:38 PM
    Perhaps it was your device that caused the slow operation? It does not seem slow to me at all.
    06-28-2017 12:42 PM
    I like the changes that iOS has made with iOS 11. What everyone needs to remember though, is no OS update will ever work for everyone. There will always be people who love the changes made, there will always be people who hate them and think previous versions were better. You will never please everyone. It just wont happen. Changes happen because people and technology change. If any company wants to stay in business, they have to change things as well. In this, they will make changes that they think that most people want. Sometimes they succeed, sometimes they fail. Remember, that anyone who has never failed, has never tried anything new. To quote Mythbusters, failure is always an option. You learn more from failure than succeeding. When you fail before you succeed, you learn why it didnt work and what you can do to improve it and get the results you want. When you succeed right away, you often dont learn why you succeeded and why it worked.
    06-28-2017 12:48 PM
    iOS 11 is still in early Beta.
    And a clean install usually solves most issues.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    06-28-2017 02:10 PM
    I had it for barely 5 hours, GLADLY went back to iOS 10.3.X, I for the first time am appalled that this is what apple is offering as "software." It completely goes against the ease of use and simplicity that is iOS. It has now become painstakingly slow and twice as long to do anything. Crazy, I never though I would reach my pinnacle with updating apple software...
    1. It is beta so the slowness will most likely be resolved.
    2. I kind of agree. It seems like a lot of what they did makes it take more time to do something (UI app switcher can no longer just swipe away) It is almost like apple focused on the iPad for this update and kind of forgot about the iPhone. Will be interesting to see what they unveil as special features for the new iPhones, but kind of a meh update outside of the iPad.
    Kirstein Gourlay likes this.
    06-28-2017 04:11 PM
    2. I kind of agree. It seems like a lot of what they did makes it take more time to do something (UI app switcher can no longer just swipe away) It is almost like apple focused on the iPad for this update and kind of forgot about the iPhone. Will be interesting to see what they unveil as special features for the new iPhones, but kind of a meh update outside of the iPad.
    On iPhone it’s still swipe to close apps. It’s only iPad that you have to long press for the x’s. It is annoying, but with the change the fast app switcher I get why they did it.
    06-28-2017 04:20 PM
    On iPhone it’s still swipe to close apps. It’s only iPad that you have to long press for the x’s. It is annoying, but with the change the fast app switcher I get why they did it.
    I still think that is pretty slow from a UI standpoint. (I am only running the beta on my iPad so didn't know about it being the same on iPhone) Glad they at least kept it the same on iPhone.
    06-28-2017 04:28 PM
    I had it for barely 5 hours, GLADLY went back to iOS 10.3.X, I for the first time am appalled that this is what apple is offering as "software." It completely goes against the ease of use and simplicity that is iOS. It has now become painstakingly slow and twice as long to do anything. Crazy, I never though I would reach my pinnacle with updating apple software...
    Please keep in mind that your experience with iOS 11 is not universal. Many of us are experiencing a fast and smooth user interface with minor glitches on seldom occasions. Anyway, I hope the next beta update will be a better user experience for you.
    MrMars, Tartarus and Sherry_B like this.
    06-28-2017 05:02 PM
    yeah, that is not the final release and ur thoughts are very important. try to send your feedback in the official forums of apple so that they will see it. some time ago i have wrote a feature to be implemented in gmail and after a few months it has appeared. i was so happy that i told it to all my friends and many of them have moved to gmail too
    Kirstein Gourlay likes this.
    06-28-2017 05:22 PM
    yeah, that is not the final release and ur thoughts are very important. try to send your feedback in the official forums of apple so that they will see it. some time ago i have wrote a feature to be implemented in gmail and after a few months it has appeared. i was so happy that i told it to all my friends and many of them have moved to gmail too
    Please use the quote option when responding so that readers can know to whom you’re replying. Thanks.
    comiken205 likes this.
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    06-28-2017 07:28 PM
    The frame drops and lag have not been resolved from the last 3 builds, it started at 7.0 and it still an issue to this day on a official release.

30 fps you will get frame drops and stuttering. It's annoying.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    06-28-2017 07:46 PM
    I'm still trying to figure out how it will be better to have to tap once to open the pane, 2nd time to pop up volume or brightness adjustment then 3rd step to make your adjustment.
    06-28-2017 07:46 PM
    I'm still trying to figure out how it will be better to have to tap once to open the pane, 2nd time to pop up volume or brightness adjustment then 3rd step to make your adjustment.
    You don’t need to 3D Touch into the sliders.
    06-28-2017 08:04 PM
    I'm not sure if follow, I'm not familiar with 3D Touch though. All I'm saying is now I open the control center and interact with the sliders which is only 2 movement and not efficient imo.
    06-28-2017 08:30 PM
    The frame drops and lag have not been resolved from the last 3 builds, it started at 7.0 and it still an issue to this day on a official release.

30 fps you will get frame drops and stuttering. It's annoying.
    I asked this in general earlier. But I'm new to iOS. I got my 7+ in January. It's been really stable and fast. Is 10.3.2 different? Are you talking about historic issues or are you saying the current official OS is laggy and unstable?
    06-28-2017 08:35 PM
    Beta 1 was great on 7+ but beta 2 is just backwards. A lot less battery life and a lot more bugs. Never seen this happen before in a beta.
    This.

Hoping Beta 3 is better....and that we get it before the holiday weekend!
    06-28-2017 08:46 PM
    This.

Hoping Beta 3 is better....and that we get it before the holiday weekend!
    It’s you, not the beta. Do a restore and your battery life will be as before.
    You’re welcome.
    06-28-2017 08:47 PM
    It’s you, not the beta. Do a restore and your battery life will be as before.
    You’re welcome.
    Beta 1 was bad for battery, too. The other bugs that are in there are worse. 11b1 was a clean install, so wouldn't think b2 was a step back.
    06-28-2017 08:49 PM
    Beta 1 was bad for battery, too. The other bugs that are in there are worse. 11b1 was a clean install, so wouldn't think b2 was a step back.
    I’m not experiencing any of that. I’m sorry that you do. Hopefully beta 3 will fix this for you.
    06-28-2017 08:51 PM
    I'm not sure if follow, I'm not familiar with 3D Touch though. All I'm saying is now I open the control center and interact with the sliders which is only 2 movement and not efficient imo.
    It’s the same as always with Control Center, slide up to open Control Center then move the slider. I don’t understand how it’s any less efficient than before or less efficient than any other operating system.
    06-28-2017 08:55 PM
    On the ipad version in this vid is a 3 step process.
    You can see it at 2:45

Rockdog97 likes this.
    06-28-2017 09:25 PM

What happens if you don’t 3D Touch it, but instead just try to move the sliders up or down?
    ruger141 likes this.
    06-28-2017 09:27 PM

What happens if you don’t 3D Touch it, but instead just try to move the sliders up or down?
    You don’t have to open the slider as its own menu. If you just move the slider, it will move and adjust.
    ruger141 and Tartarus like this.
    06-28-2017 10:38 PM
145 1234 ...