What do you hate about iOS?

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: what you hate in the iOS ?

I had a list of 15 things, but decided to delete it and just put one (to avoid being too negative):

I hate the music App. The Shuffle and Repeat are hidden and I've literally had to show people how to access them, because the UI doesn't give them a clue that they're there.

The default view is "Recents," and there doesn't seem to be a way to change that. That view doesn't show all of my library. The list of options at the top, along with the other oversized text labels, take up over half of that screen (yay, I can see two album thumbnails).

There are no playback controls (Playback Speed, etc.), and this also applies to the video player.

Too many junk social features being pushed into it.

I really just deplore that music player. I still use an iPod touch 3rd gen as a PMP. Less noise, and I can just get to the point and play my music... faster and with far less hassles.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

I had a list of 15 things, but decided to delete it and just put one (to avoid being too negative):

I hate the music App. The Shuffle and Repeat are hidden and I've literally had to show people how to access them, because the UI doesn't give them a clue that they're there.

The default view is "Recents," and there doesn't seem to be a way to change that. That view doesn't show all of my library. The list of options at the top, along with the other oversized text labels, take up over half of that screen (yay, I can see two album thumbnails).

There are no playback controls (Playback Speed, etc.), and this also applies to the video player.

Too many junk social features being pushed into it.

I really just deplore that music player. I still use an iPod touch 3rd gen as a PMP. Less noise, and I can just get to the point and play my music... faster and with far less hassles.

I haven't been a fan of the iOS music player since iOS 8. I use some alternates from the App store, Ecoute and Stazza. Much better players.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

I hate that I can't listen to audio files in my iCloud through the native music application. That may be the only thing I hate. I want Apple to allow us more freedom with our music and where we get it without being tethered to a computer.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

My dislike/hate list goes on and on. Similar to when I had the 5s and the iPhone 6 was released, it had to grow on me before I pulled the trigger. Apple products are probably the best for ME and the way I like to use my devices, so I'm going to have to see iOS 11 sooner or later if I decide to update/upgrade my iPhone

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

I want to set Outlook as my default email app. I don't like Apple's mail app, and have "uninstalled" it. The only issue I have is if I click on a mail link I need to install the Mail app again. Very frustrating.

bortovic

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site

Apple in iOS is using Microsoft Bing search engine as its default search provider in Spotlight Search.
for me google search engine is the best out there. tried to use the Bing just for testing and i get many irrelevant results.

Jezza23

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site

I'm sure there's something you dislike about iOS. For instance, in iOS 10 I've never liked the control centre. As far as I can see it's been improved for iOS 11!

Jezza23

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site

I've always been using Safari in my iPhone and works ok, but you can always download others like Chrome on the App Store

nogutsnoglory

May 6, 2013
Visit site

A few things:

1. no LED notification light.
2. Fairly rudimentary keyboard. Although it works well, they should use the long press feature to insert an upper case letter.
3. Rather poor call quality compared to prior blackberry phones.

jayzero76

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site

no drag and drop. i would love that i can drop movies on my iPhone and play them from the file system

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234