What do you hate about iOS?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
What do you hate about iOS ?

Dropbox etc is OK for a few small files, but it's not an option for e.g. importing a significant number of images and it's very awkward for large video files.

Oh, that’s why I have iCloud Photo Library enabled. I start the upload of pictures and/or movies and go on with my life. When it’s uploaded it appears automagically on all my devices.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: What do you hate about iOS ?

Dropbox etc is OK for a few small files, but it's not an option for e.g. importing a significant number of images and it's very awkward for large video files.

Perhaps for those who have the minimum space using it on just their phone it would be like you say.... but for those of us with older accounts who took advantage of using the invites to gain max free space that are using it between computers, laptops and a phone it's pretty amazing and does an exceptional job. All of my recent wedding photos and videos (from the photographer and everyone else who took pics) are temporarily being stored on my Dropbox (now everyone at the wedding can download all photos and vids). I store all of my wallpaper (pc, laptop, and phone), sewing pdf files, personal photos, and several shared folders with friends (who keep their folders empty once files have been snagged). At least once every few months I burn my personal photos/vids to Blu-Ray for safe keeping, which leaves me with a great deal of space in my free Dropbox account. (Any photo's or vids taken on my phone are auto upoloaded to DropBox, which then show up on my computer, laptop, and ipad without me having to do anything.)

Last edited:

MrTurner90

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

The thing I dislike the most, is Apple made Spotlight within apps an extra step. The Spotlight feature where you could pull down the Notifications about a quarter of the way down and release, giving you spotlight with the keyboard already up and ready to search. Before it was swipe part way down type app name go. Now it's pull all the way down, swipe Right, tap, type name go. Doesn't seem like much, but when this is the way you grow accustomed to navigating iOS and rarely using the home screen, it just feels like a step back. I still have more digging to do though, as I just installed the Beta today.

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site

Sad, but I just want:
- transparent dock
- option to place my icons ANYWHERE on the screen

...that's it.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Can't say there is anything I hate, but I do wish apps like Chrome could be set as default apps. That would make my day.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Can't say there is anything I hate, but I do wish apps like Chrome could be set as default apps. That would make my day.

That would be awesome. I use a lot of third party apps and it’s annoying when I tap on something and it still directs me to the stock app.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

That would be awesome. I use a lot of third party apps and it’s annoying when I tap on something and it still directs me to the stock app.

My brother has an Android device.
Every time he taps on something, he gets a prompt asking him to open in the default app (he previously had set) or in another app.

Imagine you had to this every single time you clicked on a smart link on iOS?? It’d drive me crazy.

redbirdsfan

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site

The music app (reasons were explained earlier in this thread), the notification system, and the lack of file system.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

My brother has an Android device.
Every time he taps on something, he gets a prompt asking him to open in the default app (he previously had set) or in another app.

Imagine you had to this every single time you clicked on a smart link on iOS?? It’d drive me crazy.

IF Apple ever gives us the ability to change default apps I’m sure they’ll be much better with the actual execution.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
What do you hate about iOS ?

IF Apple ever gives us the ability to change default apps I’m sure they’ll be much better with the actual execution.

Undoubtedly.
Let’s see what iOS 11.1 or .2 is gonna bring.
As you know Apple actually introduces big changes twice a year, but only once a year at WWDC they announce the first wave of changes.

redbirdsfan

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site

I forgot to mention multitasking. Hopefully Apple take a few ques from Android. Ex I'm watching YouTube, while replying to this thread.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

I forgot to mention multitasking. Hopefully Apple take a few ques from Android. Ex I'm watching YouTube, while replying to this thread.

Just for the sake of conversation, can you really watch a video and reply to a thread at the same time? It may appear you are but you are actually doing one at a time. I also believe, if you wish, you can sign up for YouTube Red which allows it but others may know more about this than I do.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Just for the sake of conversation, can you really watch a video and reply to a thread at the same time? It may appear you are but you are actually doing one at a time. I also believe, if you wish, you can sign up for YouTube Red which allows it but others may know more about this than I do.

Are you really watching something when you’re eyes are on the other app, interacting with it?
I guess the majority of people would like the sound to continue while they’re on an other app. This is especially desired if you wish to listen some music from music videos and such.

I’ve found that VEVO actually offers better playlists according to my taste than any other service I’ve used so far. I’d wish to be able to listen to VEVO while I’m on the forums or anything else, really.

So yes, I’m with you there, guys, that iOS needs to allow for continued play once the video app is on background.

redbirdsfan

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site

I should have stated that better. I was listening to an interview on YouTube while replying to this thread. I thought about signing up for YouTube red, however between Netflix, Spotify, Adobe etc. I can justify another entertainment expense.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

I should have stated that better. I was listening to an interview on YouTube while replying to this thread. I thought about signing up for YouTube red, however between Netflix, Spotify, Adobe etc. I can justify another entertainment expense.

Got ya. I can understand listening to something as opposed to watching.
So another question, is this situation caused by Apple or YouTube? I have just recently started back with Apple products so I'm not yet familiar with all the details like these.

redbirdsfan

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site

Got ya. I can understand listening to something as opposed to watching.
So another question, is this situation caused by Apple or YouTube? I have just recently started back with Apple products so I'm not yet familiar with all the details like these.

Tbh I'm not sure. I have split screen multitasking (iPad Pro 12.9) on my iPad. You raised a good question.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234