IF Apple ever gives us the ability to change default apps I’m sure they’ll be much better with the actual execution.
    Undoubtedly.
    Let’s see what iOS 11.1 or .2 is gonna bring.
    As you know Apple actually introduces big changes twice a year, but only once a year at WWDC they announce the first wave of changes.
    07-15-2017 08:17 AM
    I forgot to mention multitasking. Hopefully Apple take a few ques from Android. Ex I'm watching YouTube, while replying to this thread.
    07-15-2017 08:23 AM
    I forgot to mention multitasking. Hopefully Apple take a few ques from Android. Ex I'm watching YouTube, while replying to this thread.
    Just for the sake of conversation, can you really watch a video and reply to a thread at the same time? It may appear you are but you are actually doing one at a time. I also believe, if you wish, you can sign up for YouTube Red which allows it but others may know more about this than I do.
    07-15-2017 09:15 AM
    Just for the sake of conversation, can you really watch a video and reply to a thread at the same time? It may appear you are but you are actually doing one at a time. I also believe, if you wish, you can sign up for YouTube Red which allows it but others may know more about this than I do.
    Are you really watching something when you’re eyes are on the other app, interacting with it?
    I guess the majority of people would like the sound to continue while they’re on an other app. This is especially desired if you wish to listen some music from music videos and such.

I’ve found that VEVO actually offers better playlists according to my taste than any other service I’ve used so far. I’d wish to be able to listen to VEVO while I’m on the forums or anything else, really.

So yes, I’m with you there, guys, that iOS needs to allow for continued play once the video app is on background.
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-15-2017 09:18 AM
    I should have stated that better. I was listening to an interview on YouTube while replying to this thread. I thought about signing up for YouTube red, however between Netflix, Spotify, Adobe etc. I can justify another entertainment expense.
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-15-2017 09:19 AM
    I should have stated that better. I was listening to an interview on YouTube while replying to this thread. I thought about signing up for YouTube red, however between Netflix, Spotify, Adobe etc. I can justify another entertainment expense.
    Got ya. I can understand listening to something as opposed to watching.
    So another question, is this situation caused by Apple or YouTube? I have just recently started back with Apple products so I'm not yet familiar with all the details like these.
    07-15-2017 09:35 AM
    So another question, is this situation caused by Apple or YouTube? I have just recently started back with Apple products so I'm not yet familiar with all the details like these.
    Tbh I'm not sure. I have split screen multitasking (iPad Pro 12.9) on my iPad. You raised a good question.
    07-15-2017 09:39 AM
    Tbh I'm not sure. I have split screen multitasking (iPad Pro 12.9) on my iPad. You raised a good question.
    That's cool, I didn't know that.
    I now have the 9.7" iPad Pro. Does it have the same ability?
    07-15-2017 09:48 AM
    Yezzir...
    07-15-2017 10:20 AM
    Checkout this article. https://www.imore.com/ipad-multitasking
    07-15-2017 11:06 AM
    In a word, “Nothing!”
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-15-2017 11:35 AM
    Thank you!
    redbirdsfan likes this.
    07-15-2017 01:16 PM
    It's not very customizable.
    wobdot1972 likes this.
    07-15-2017 01:28 PM
    I do miss being able to have two apps open on the screen at once. I would do my banking with split screen using the Wellsfargo app and my spreadsheet with projections. It was convenient.
    07-15-2017 02:14 PM
    I do miss being able to have two apps open on the screen at once. I would do my banking with split screen using the Wellsfargo app and my spreadsheet with projections. It was convenient.
    Fully understand.
    I guess I look at my mobile device as something that is always with me and can provide quick access to things I need on the go. Having to double click the home button to go between apps doesn't bother me too much because it's infrequent. At the same time, there is nothing wrong with convenience.
    grover5 likes this.
    07-15-2017 02:43 PM
    I take it back, there is something that irks me about iOS; or  rather. They're backtracking on polices they have with their system.

http://flip.it/nv76AQ
    07-16-2017 11:32 AM
    My brother has an Android device.
    Every time he taps on something, he gets a prompt asking him to open in the default app (he previously had set) or in another app.

Imagine you had to this every single time you clicked on a smart link on iOS?? It’d drive me crazy.
    I have three Android devices and I don't have this issue on them.

Sent via the Communications Center of the Drala Fi
    DMP89145 likes this.
    07-16-2017 01:38 PM
    I have three Android devices and I don't have this issue on them.

Sent via the Communications Center of the Drala Fi
    Me either ...
    07-16-2017 05:26 PM
    My brother has an Android device.
    Every time he taps on something, he gets a prompt asking him to open in the default app (he previously had set) or in another app.

Imagine you had to this every single time you clicked on a smart link on iOS?? It’d drive me crazy.
    No. When Android prompts you for which app to open, it gives you the choice of selecting an app "just once" or "always". If you select "always", you are never prompted again. You can go back and change the setting via the settings menu if you wish.

Windows and Linux also have methods to select the default application used to open a link or file of a certain type. Probably OS X too.

Apple could easily implement this in iOS if they wished. Why don't they?
    Trees and DMP89145 like this.
    07-17-2017 04:54 AM
    Useless nfc other than applepay
    07-17-2017 03:25 PM
    The settings menu. Huge, confusing, hard to use and ugly. Much worse than competing platforms, although this is never mentioned in reviews. That's suspicious, right?
    07-25-2017 08:32 AM
    The settings menu. Huge, confusing, hard to use and ugly. Much worse than competing platforms, although this is never mentioned in reviews. That's suspicious, right?
    Probably because it's a one of a kind opinion. My guess anyway.
    TheRandomDealio likes this.
    07-25-2017 08:42 AM
    Probably because it's a one of a kind opinion. My guess anyway.
    Is anyone seriously going to defend the settings menu on iOS? Go ahead if you want, but it's not going to be easy.
    07-25-2017 08:49 AM
    Is anyone seriously going to defend the settings menu on iOS? Go ahead if you want, but it's not going to be easy.
    I don't love the Settings menu by any means but I just don't think it's really much of a focus, hence the lack of reviews against it. For the majority of users (i.e. not the ones nerding around tech forums like we are), the Settings menu is infrequently used, or it's used for pretty mundane tasks (the stuff Apple puts at the very top of the menu).

I think Apple has made some improvements, like putting the Apple ID menu at the top, but it's still rough. That being said, it's been a few years since I've messed around with the settings on an Android device. What are they doing today that's better than iOS?
    TheRandomDealio likes this.
    07-25-2017 09:20 AM
    I'm not really defending it, just saying your opinion is not as popular as you may think.  is known for simplicity, and the Settings on iOS is as simple as it gets. I've used Android devices, and even the settings is a mess.
    Tartarus and TheRandomDealio like this.
    07-25-2017 09:41 AM
111 12345