iOS 11 Public Beta available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Well this beta is pretty stable on 7 plus. Random lag and such but doesn’t matter.
Thing I like:
When you open Safari and search something, the machine learning or what ever starts doing predictions based on words/letters you use. So far I have been recommended few movies via I tunes or locations in map. Or weather. Just try typing different things and the OS should suggest more actions than just google results. Kinda neat.
Battery drainage went down as I toggled location services off. Still higher than normal though.
And one handed keyboard is nice too.

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I’m having loads of issues on my 6s plus.

* 3D Touch is delayed or unresponsive.
* Phone regularly crashes & reboots.
* iTunes and App Store won’t connect.
* Phone is slow & glitchy.
* Battery drains quick.
* Dictation capitalises each word.
* All my music stored in the cloud have disappeared from my phone.

No similar problems here except for dictation capitalizing all words. Use Google either with Gboard or Google keyboard.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What is?

edit: never mind I see what I think you were replying to. quote feature should be mandatory except to start a thread lol

I don’t recall who I replied to, and I hope I didn’t reply in the wrong thread because reading through this particular thread doesn’t reveal anything. Typically, I use the quote option, but why I didn’t on this occasion, I do not know.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I don’t recall who I replied to, and I hope I didn’t reply in the wrong thread because reading through this particular thread doesn’t reveal anything. Typically, I use the quote option, but why I didn’t on this occasion, I do not know.
I think it was the twitter post above yours!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
What is?

edit: never mind I see what I think you were replying to. quote feature should be mandatory except to start a thread lol

I think it was the twitter post above yours!

It was a reply to the immediate post before him.
It’s perfectly understandable if you followed the thread chronologically.
If you didn’t understand that, then well that’s on you.

/mean mode out

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I’m having loads of issues on my 6s plus.

* 3D Touch is delayed or unresponsive.
* Phone regularly crashes & reboots.
* iTunes and App Store won’t connect.
* Phone is slow & glitchy.
* Battery drains quick.
* Dictation capitalises each word.
* All my music stored in the cloud have disappeared from my phone.

I’m having the App Store issue
Battery drains quick issue

jayzero76

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
i downloaded iOS 11 yesterday on my iPhone 7 plus. there are little hick ups thats all i noticed so far. like the one handed keyboard and the new photo app.

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I've had the iOS 11 beta (15A5304j) installed and running on my iPhone 6 for a few days now. The only bug I've felt compelled to report so far is one with Bluetooth (related to activating or de-activating via the control center). Other than that, the beta seems to be pretty stable for me so far.

Have I had a couple of odd app crashes? Sure thing. Have I noticed battery drain? You bet (during the first couple of days at least and I suspect it was due to indexing as it has returned no operating normally for me now). Have some apps (not all) loaded a little more slowly than others? Of course.

All the normal things that I would expect out of a beta release. The Music app has really been the only source of annoyance for me. When I plug the phone in to the USB cable in my car, iOS 11 is slow to recognize this and can take a minute or so before starting the Music app. No big deal, though, as it always does start. Just slower than it did when I was running 10.3.2.

I still prefer Google Maps, but Apple Maps is beginning to grow on me.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
IThe only bug I've felt compelled to report so far is one with Bluetooth (related to activating or de-activating via the control center).

The Wi-Fi and Bluetooth toggles are designed to work different on iOS 11.
Instead of disabling or enabling the service, the toggles now disconnect you from the device you’re connected to.

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I have beta 2 on my 7+ since it came out with the following issues.
Gets extremely hot with any use.
Battery life cut in half.
Notes app keeps closing when I try to make a new one.
Message app goes to black screen and back to message when I try to tap arrow back to main screen.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have beta 2 on my 7+ since it came out with the following issues.
Gets extremely hot with any use.
Battery life cut in half.
Notes app keeps closing when I try to make a new one.
Message app goes to black screen and back to message when I try to tap arrow back to main screen.

Since you said “beta 2”, I assume you have install iOS 11 Dev Beta 2. If so, I recommend you reinstall the associated .ipsw file and start fresh.

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else getting a burgendy hue on black text when scrolling in safari? Sorry if this has been mentioned, a lot of posts in this thread.

Last edited:

Matt Manahan

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
In iMessage, the last line in a text sometimes shows as blank (on texts I send and receive), even though I know there's text there. Anyone else having this issue?

20170704_115242000_iOS.jpg

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Didn’t bother checking the feature in iOS 10 but when swiping thru pictures in gallery taken with live feature, there is neat small effect. For example I took few pictures of me and my friend and when sliding thru the pictures the persons seems to be moving in to the frame. Very neat effect.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Didn’t bother checking the feature in iOS 10 but when swiping thru pictures in gallery taken with live feature, there is neat small effect. For example I took few pictures of me and my friend and when sliding thru the pictures the persons seems to be moving in to the frame. Very neat effect.

Force Touch a Live Photo and you’ll see the whole effect, with sound and all.
Here’s more info: https://m.imore.com/live-photos

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
the public beta is probably more stable but i don't care- i have poor battery life so i don't mind being on beta 2

The public beta is pretty stable. I still had issues with the app switcher, and video on some sites wouldn't play (I had no such problems on iOS 10), so ultimately I downgraded. I'll wait and see what the next beta brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh