iOS 11 downgrade to iOS 10.x with Apple Watch (watchOS 3)

reversalagent

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
General question for those in a similar type of situation:

I did a full archived iTunes backup of iOS 10 prior to installing the iOS 11 beta. I also have an Apple Watch running os 3.

Has anyone with an Apple Watch running watchOS downgraded iOS 11 Beta to iOS 10.x (current)?

If so, do all your activity achievements still show up, even with the days running iOS 11 or is there a gap between the iOS 11 days of use and the return to iOS 10?

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I attempted to downgrade from iOS 11 back to 10 but was unsuccessful. I kept entering this weird loop where there "was a problem restoring." Ultimately I just did a clean install of iOS 11 and it actually works better now. I paid no mind to my Watch activity, I'm afraid.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I’m not sure but chances are you will have to end up pairing your Watch back with your iPhone.
The activity achievements are being stored on your iPhone, not on the Watch. A restore to a previous backup will make you lose all activity from that backup date till the moment you put it back, in other words, Yes you will have a gap.

To prevent this, there is software out there that extracts the Activity and Health data from any existing backup and puts it back on a clean install.
Have a look at Deciphertools. It worked for me.

Hope this helps, if not, feel free to post follow up questions.

Edit:
You don’t have to pay for deciphertools if you only want to save your health data, only if you want to use their other software too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711