Google Assistant vs Siri

IuliaGz

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
hello
has smb used both platforms?
i have already and can strongly say that Google Assistant is better.
what do you people think of the Siri?

syphix

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Google Assistant is MUCH better. I’ve used both (was a previous Android fanatic) and was very pleased to see Google port it over to iOS. If only I could re-map the home button...

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Both Assistant and Cortana are better than Siri. You have to have never (or very barely) used them to come to any different conclusion.

Also, use them on their native platforms (Windows 10, Android, etc.), not an iPhone. Their utility and capabilities are severely crippled on Apple's platform.

Siri will resort to search way more often than the other two. Alexa is absolutely tragic when it comes to follow up questions (using her on a Fire Tablet, where she's built into the system).

EDIT: Meant "Apple's platform," not "Android's platform."

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
hello
has smb used both platforms?
i have already and can strongly say that Google Assistant is better.
what do you people think of the Siri?

I’ve only used Siri, but I’ve read nice thing about Google’s assistant. At my place of business, a majority of people use Android smartphones, but I’ve only seen one person ever use its native assistant feature, and that person loves it. Anyway, I hope more members who’ve used both Siri and Google Assistant will reply soon.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I think up to this point Apple has thought Siri to be just "good enough". Now with focus on digital assistants from all manufactures. Apple will be forced to perfect Siri. Digital assistants will need to be 99.9999% before they will truly catch on in mass ...

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I hate talking to my phone so I don't care which is better or worse. I use Siri only to set timers when I am cooking. That's all I use it for.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I use both. I love Siri but Google assistant is batter. Now I will say iOS 11 has made Siri much better. So only time will tell for me if it surpasses Google Assistant.

bhorner86

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I think Google automatically has an advantage with AI assistants because they've never been as concerned about user privacy. Google has always data mined their users. To put it simply, Google is drawing from a lot more data.

It will be interesting to see how Apple keeps up without doing the same.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711