iOS 11 Dev Beta 2 is now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneCollecter

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
Beta 2 is buggy as hell for me. Apps don't shut and reopens when i press home button to go back. It's annoying as hell.
I have switched rest finger on home button to go home but it doesn't work I still has to press home button to go home screen,is anyone facing this issue?

Last edited:

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Beta 2 is buggy as hell for me. Apps don't shut it reopens when i press home button to go back. It's annoying as hell.
I have switched rest finger on home button to go home but it doesn't work I still has to press home button to go home screen,is anyone facing this issue?

Can confirm. Was doing that last night after I installed. I hard reset/rebooted it and let it sit on the charger over night. This morning seems like the beta has “settled” (if that makes sense)

Try a clean install

Oh and this only happened on my 6+. My iPad Air 2 runs much smoother

BoneCollecter

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
Can confirm. Was doing that last night after I installed. I hard reset/rebooted it and let it sit on the charger over night. This morning seems like the beta has “settled” (if that makes sense)

Try a clean install

Oh and this only happened on my 6+. My iPad Air 2 runs much smoother

I installed it over the air on my iPhone 6S Plus, I did a hard reset but it's still there,

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I installed it over the air on my iPhone 6S Plus, I did a hard reset but it's still there,

For some reason it would get stuck in the old animation loop when switching to multitask for me. Again not sure if I did anything other than let the beta figure itself out.

BoneCollecter

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
For some reason it would get stuck in the old animation loop when switching to multitask for me. Again not sure if I did anything other than let the beta figure itself out.

I think it's more like a bug in this new beta, I have seen so many people complaing about it on macrumors

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
It keeps all messages in sync on all your iDevices. Especially handy if you have multiple iDevices.

Does it actually move the storage from your messages app to the cloud? My wife's messaging app takes up a large amount of her storage.

Also, is there a change log posted about what is new and what has been fixed?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Does it actually move the storage from your messages app to the cloud? My wife's messaging app takes up a large amount of her storage.

Your wife would regain a lot of storage if she deleted messages. Or at least deleted the photos and videos in messages.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Let me put it this way. I don’t delete texts but once a year. Hundreds if not thousands of texts in a thread. I turned Messages in iCloud and I literally only had the most recent texts left on my phone.

Volcom45

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Let me put it this way. I don’t delete texts but once a year. Hundreds if not thousands of texts in a thread. I turned Messages in iCloud and I literally only had the most recent texts left on my phone.

That happened to me over last night. My Messages app showed an exclamation mark on it. Opened up and each thread only had the very most recent text and nothing more. This got me concerned. I thought we'd still be able to scroll back and view old conversations, they'd just be loading from iCloud rather than local device? What is the point in storing on iCloud if you can't access the content anymore? I must be missing something. It shows 12.8gigs of iMessage data on iCloud now, but can we not view it? How do you ever access this?

Volcom45

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Hmm sounds like it is storing them on the cloud like I hoped, but not if you can't access them. Hopefully just a bug for now.

Actually, I just rebooted the phone and loaded Messages again, and it is now showing all of my content again. However, it seems they're all still on my phone as well as iCloud according to my storage info.. Curious what the real working behavior is supposed to be.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I have to say, I like the new animations and the way the os seems more “alive” but I wonder if 3rd party apps will adopt the look/feel and to what extent (like the bold fonts and large typefaces more prominent this beta)

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Running pretty smooth on my iPad 10.5 but got a little problem last night with the Dock... After a few hour of use the dock was impossible to make it appear when gently swiping up...
I had to reboot to get it back working correctly...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I updated last night and yes its certainly smoother, quicker and good to see some of the bugs fixed; however I have noticed my battery life is suffering more than Beta 1 which I find odd.

I went to bed last night at 92% (in flight mode) and woke up at 78%.

My battery dropped only 4% over night. No flight mode. Just regular mode but with DND on.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Actually, I just rebooted the phone and loaded Messages again, and it is now showing all of my content again. However, it seems they're all still on my phone as well as iCloud according to my storage info.. Curious what the real working behavior is supposed to be.

Yeah, guess we will have to wait and see how this develops over the next couple beta releases. Seems kind of pointless to store them both on the device and on the cloud.

SternerDustin

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Anyone have their BT symbol never go away from notification top right near battery? I just recently installed beta 2 coming from 10.3.3 and it's driving me nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox