iOS 11 Dev Beta 2 is now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeilWhitear

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I updated last night and yes its certainly smoother, quicker and good to see some of the bugs fixed; however I have noticed my battery life is suffering more than Beta 1 which I find odd.

I went to bed last night at 92% (in flight mode) and woke up at 78%.

NeilWhitear

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
My battery life is worse on Beta 2 than when I was on Beta 1, hopefully like you say it will iron itself out over the next couple of days.

bigwig001

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Seems like it’s running much smoother than beta 1.

Are you sure you aren’t having a hardware issue with your FaceTime camera?

I can't say for sure. I swear it worked when I got it but honestly can't be sure. I do know with beta 1 it showed as a green screen, now with beta 2, it is just black. When I get back stateside I will attempt a rollback to see if it corrects.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
It keeps all messages in sync on all your iDevices. Especially handy if you have multiple iDevices.
Thanks! I was hoping that it would let me go to iCloud.com and iMessage from they're, kind of like how Google Hangouts, T-Mobile Digits, and Verizon Messages have a web based portal to message from. It's pretty handy when you're at work and are using your computer but for whatever reason you can't grab your phone.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! I was hoping that it would let me go to iCloud.com and iMessage from they're, kind of like how Google Hangouts, T-Mobile Digits, and Verizon Messages have a web based portal to message from. It's pretty handy when you're at work and are using your computer but for whatever reason you can't grab your phone.

That’s not it, I mean you can’t go to iCloud.com to check your messages. You’ll still need an iDevice for that.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
That’s not it, I mean you can’t go to iCloud.com to check your messages. You’ll still need an iDevice for that.
I know, but that's an important feature, to me at least, that's missing. I was hoping that's what messages on iCloud was.

Jumpman89

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
CarPlay has a few new cool features ! I am in the car business and this is a huge selling point for the manufacturer I sell so I download the betas to see what's coming to pass on to customers.

Speed limit now shows during active route navigation which is awesome ! Siri has a new animation as well.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
The IOS watch app crashes when I try to remove an app from the dock. I can add an app, but not remove. My watch is still on 3.2.2

As a side note, what is their obsession with large text at the top of everything? It even is now at the top of the inbox of the mail app.

Hopefully, they will shrink the text size a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.