I am VERY happy that there's going to be translation available in the new iOS. Of course, I'd prefer that more languages were available, but it's a start.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea, but is this the beginning of an Apple translation app? I've been (not so) secretly hoping for an Apple translator. :-)
    06-16-2017 01:52 PM
    It's only my opinion but if Apple is going to do it. It will be done Right
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-16-2017 02:20 PM
    It's only my opinion but if Apple is going to do it. It will be done Right
    I was actually watching a recent interview with Tim Cook with Bloomberg and he said quite often that Apple are never the first to market with anything. No product they have made was ever the first BUT they did it really well and it sky-rockets popularity. 😃 That's why I love Apple. They amazing products with exceptional quality. Everything I've owned from them lasts so long and works so smoothly.

So I would have to say the same goes for this.
    Here is the video for reference.

kataran likes this.
    06-16-2017 03:07 PM
    I speak Portuguese and I am sad to see that I will never get Siri or google assistance fully work with my language. It´s a shame.
    06-16-2017 03:15 PM
    I speak Portuguese and I am sad to see that I will never get Siri or google assistance fully work with my language. It´s a shame.
    This is something that I definitely agree with. I'm a native English speaker, but live abroad and am a lover of languages and I see all the time how other languages (and, therefore, other users) get fewer features, options, etc. Maybe Chinese and Spanish are on par, but even in the keyboards other languages, even languages with a large number of speakers (Czech and Catalan, for example, each have about 10 million native speakers), don't even get predictive text. It's not right.
    06-16-2017 04:25 PM
    This is something that I definitely agree with. I'm a native English speaker, but live abroad and am a lover of languages and I see all the time how other languages (and, therefore, other users) get fewer features, options, etc. Maybe Chinese and Spanish are on par, but even in the keyboards other languages, even languages with a large number of speakers (Czech and Catalan, for example, each have about 10 million native speakers), don't even get predictive text. It's not right.
    Yeah, I have a smartwatch and I can't speak to my watch because most commands won't work. And remember there's like 200 million people speaking Portuguese (because of Brazil, mostly). There's much less speaking German, I believe, but google assistant works in German. I don't get it.
    06-16-2017 05:43 PM