Nagging issues in iOS 11 (so far)

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
For everyone on the beta - what are the most nagging bugs/issues you've had so far? Overall, has the beta been pain free, or are there a lot of things you'd like to see addressed and fixed asap?

I haven't jumped on the beta yet (I'll probably wait for stable release) but super pumped to hear feedback here!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I can’t say anything is nagging really, just a typical beta with its bugs. The most annoying bug in beta 1 for me is that skipping a lot of songs in Music will cause Springboard to respring.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
It’s pretty solid for me thus far. I have recently had an issue where my apps go jiggly without prompting from me. There’s also the YouTube search issue but that’s a YouTube thing. Other than that... was having some slight delay between button press and app opening. It’s still there after a clean install but it’s not a deal breaker. It’s just noticeably slower than iOS 10.

I’m thinking we’ll see this stuff gone with Beta 2.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m not experiencing any “nagging” bugs or issues with iOS 11 beta. I mean, everything that I need to work actually works well. On top of that, a good deal of 3rd party apps have been updated since the beta release.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have not had any nagging issues so far, but there are some minor stuff of which I’m sure will be solved pretty quickly by Apple.

Like with the first beta of iOS 10, this beta is amazingly stable.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I’ve had only one bug really, mainly with the music app. My downloaded music doesn’t show nor does the option to show only downloaded songs. And now the app won’t open at all. I just get a blank screen. Beta 2 can’t come soon enough!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I should also mention the other most annoying for me with beta 1. That is the inconsistency of Bluetooth connection with earphones. Others with AirPods have noticed it and I’ve noticed it with BeatsX. The sound will just stop coming out of the earphones, I’ve found that for someone Reason iOS disconnects from them. I noticed it when I switch apps, for example it will work fine with YouTube then I’ll leave YouTube and go to Safari and watch an embedded video there and sound comes out of the phone rather than the earphones. Mildly annoying, not enough to call nagging though. A quick trip to settings fixes it.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I should also mention the other most annoying for me with beta 1. That is the inconsistency of Bluetooth connection with earphones. Others with AirPods have noticed it and I’ve noticed it with BeatsX. The sound will just stop coming out of the earphones, I’ve found that for someone Reason iOS disconnects from them. I noticed it when I switch apps, for example it will work fine with YouTube then I’ll leave YouTube and go to Safari and watch an embedded video there and sound comes out of the phone rather than the earphones. Mildly annoying, not enough to call nagging though. A quick trip to settings fixes it.

I can’t say I have had this issue happening for me.
I use my AirPods to listen to Music for at least 3 hours a day during commute in the train and bus and have yet to experience any kind of disconnection.

Ospot

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have many nagging issues:

- App updates sometimes works sometimes not. A reboot usually fixes it.
- Flipboard constantly crashes.
- Clearing notifications is sketchy at best (can't clear new ones, some disappear, etc.).
- Calendar selections (different calendars) and colors change after a reboot, or every other reboot.
- Bluetooth toggle in the control center doesn't work.
- Battery percentage indicator doesn't show after the occasional reboot.
- Did I mention I need to do lots of reboots to get things working again? :)

I'm not really complaining, just answering the thread. I enjoy betas, just looking forward to beta 2!

craigrn16

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I haven't had what I would call naggin' problem but there are some issues. For one thing at this time IOS 11 is very noticeably slow. Also I can no longer hit the album art on the control center to take me into the music app I'm using. I haven't had any random reboots or anything like that though. Battery life seems normal also. I downgraded back to IOS 10 for two reasons though. One my Tunein Radio app doesn't work. Crashes as soon as I open it. Secondly my Gboard voice dictation doesn't work at all on IOS11. I can live without the voice dictation but I use Tunein Radio a lot. I'll go back maybe on Beta 2. If you wanna Beta 1 though it's not bad. Just know that all apps won't work

prithvi64

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
It's second week on iOS11. Some aspects which have been annoying;
1. Contacts, whenever search is done, edit option doesn't appear in random manner.
2. Some apps like CamCard etc are crashing.
3. I am committing many mistakes while typing in OS 11.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I had iOS 11 on an Air 2 and now on a new Pro 10.5, and also on my iPhone 7. Overall, it is good. It is really quick on the new Pro. The only annoyance I’ve had is that the SiriusXM and TuneInRadio apps crash and shut down immediately when opened. Reinstalling got SiriusXM working on the iPhone, but no such luck on either iPad. I’ve had some issues with the screen of the iPhone freezing during calls too.

Beta 2 should be out in the next few weeks, and hopefully these issues will be resolved.

gcardona

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Working mostly fine on iPhone 7, few things here and there. search bar in YouTube, unable to access music app thru the control center widget, sometimes the now playing screen will be cutoff, new podcast app is great but trying to play a single podcast back to back would not work, it would stop after the first episode is done. Marked as watched is not available either.

iPad Mini 4, if the battery runs low plugging the device to power would not charge it, it will shutdown and reboot constantly. Only option is to downgrade to previous official build. Tried the update twice, once as an upgrade and once as a clean install with the same result.

mileson73

Apr 5, 2017
Visit site
For typing mistakes, I never could be used by original keyboard. I installed swift, which is much better (on my opinion) but it sometimes automaticaly changed to default apple keyboard.
And also, can you tell me, does they make in iOS 11 for contacts, when you finish your call, or messaging, are you get to default screen or even recent.
Only thing which I hate in contacts is that when i finish my call, next time when i want to use app to call someone else, my first screen is contact that I used last time. It would be great to have your on default home screen for contacts (fav, or recent...).