Nagging issues in iOS 11 (so far)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My main gripe is that I can’t erase all contents and settings. Does anyone have any suggestions.?

Yeah, that’s been like that since beta 1, if I’m not mistaken. You can either delete your 3rd-party apps, data, photos, and music and then select to reset all settings or you can use iTunes via a computer to erase all contents and settings.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I’m remembering beta’s of many years gone by, where a b3 would drop, install and then you couldn’t use your iDevice at all (or third party apps wouldn’t work at all, audio would often not function, etc).

From that baseline, iOS 11 beta for me has been excellent.

Absolutely nothing wrong with feeling frustrated with an un-stable or non-performing iPhone/iPad with a beta OS installed, after all we all just want to use the latest and greatest. All we can do is submit feed-back to Apple with bugs we find and discuss our findings here, sometimes a solution to a iOS beta issue is a threat reply away.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
My main gripe is that I can’t erase all contents and settings. Does anyone have any suggestions.?

Sorry if this is discussed elsewhere, however I can see “Erase all content and settings” on my iPad, perhaps this is a specific issue to iPhone. It this option not showing up on for you, or is it not working when clicked?

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else noticed that keyboard shortcuts for cut/copy/paste don’t work in Safari? I’m not sure if this is a new issue in iOS11, or if this was always the case (and now don’t have a iOS10 iPad with keyboard to test).

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this is discussed elsewhere, however I can see “Erase all content and settings” on my iPad, perhaps this is a specific issue to iPhone. It this option not showing up on for you, or is it not working when clicked?

Got it with the help of forum members. Used find my iPhone recommendations. Thanks guys for your help.

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Some nagging issues and a huge issue!

My iPad mini 3 rejected the charger and refused to charge. This is the genuine iPad charger that it came with! Also rejected my external battery pack which has a 2.4 output and a genuine apple charge cable.

I had to restore my iPad to stock to get it charge which went back to 10.3.2 but my backup was from 10.3.3 beta!

I fully charged the iPad on 10.3.2 and then reinstalled 11 Beta and the minute I connected the charger it told me the accessory wasn’t compatible again!

That’s more than a nagging issue!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

My iPad mini 3 rejected the charger and refused to charge. This is the genuine iPad charger that it came with! Also rejected my external battery pack which has a 2.4 output and a genuine apple charge cable.

I had to restore my iPad to stock to get it charge which went back to 10.3.2 but my backup was from 10.3.3 beta!

I fully charged the iPad on 10.3.2 and then reinstalled 11 Beta and the minute I connected the charger it told me the accessory wasn’t compatible again!

You just need to unplug the charging brick and plug it back in. Annoying yes, but you can still charge. More annoying for me are the issues with the HDMI to lightning adapter.

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I can’t charge! I can only charge on iOS 10, no amount of faffing around will get it to charge on iOS 11.

I might just leave this on 10.3.3 since there’s clearly an issue with 11.0

NeilWhitear

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I have downloaded Developer Beta 2 onto my ipad Pro and I've noticed its more unstable than Beta 1 in terms of stock apps closing unexpectedly and the Now Playing on the lock screen works for Audiable but not for Apple Music app.

Hopefully we'll see Beta 3 this week.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

You just need to unplug the charging brick and plug it back in. Annoying yes, but you can still charge. More annoying for me are the issues with the HDMI to lightning adapter.

Not really. I had to try 4 or so different methods before it finally decided to charge. It would just get hot but the iPad was discharging. Wall outlet with a USB charger, iPad charging brick, and 2 different battery packs (and different cords as well). Updated from dev beta 1 to beta 2 and reset settings and it finally took. I almost just went ahead to downgrade but without it charging past the 27% it was at, I wasn't going to risk it.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
The touch screen on my Mini 2 is slow to respond. I have to press a couple of times to get a response. Happening on my 6S plus as well. I’m sure they will fix it.

SandersJC1964

May 3, 2016
Visit site
I don’t like that I can no longer swipe notifications away on the lock screen or when I pull down the notification shade. I hope that it will show back up in the final release version.

chefjayhawk

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I don’t like that I can no longer swipe notifications away on the lock screen or when I pull down the notification shade. I hope that it will show back up in the final release version.

Press and hold and drag it toward the home button. That is the new swipe to remove gesture.

BryantCarpio

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
The only nagging thing I have is the same thing I had last year, the year before, and the year before that... Allow me to remove the sent message tone. I did notice we can turn off the sent email notification, but still nothing on the message tone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711