Nagging issues in iOS 11 (so far)

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
On iPhone 7:

(1) Whenever I pull down the notifications menu from the top it locks the phone and I need to press the home button again to unlock it.

(2) It also rotates the home screen wallpaper on occasion.

Rebooting does not fix number 1 and number two usually fixes itself.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
On iPhone 7:

(1) Whenever I pull down the notifications menu from the top it locks the phone and I need to press the home button again to unlock it.

(2) It also rotates the home screen wallpaper on occasion.

Rebooting does not fix number 1 and number two usually fixes itself.

For number 1, no it does not lock your phone. That’s the worst part of it. There is no notification tray/menu anymore. It’s just the lock screen. Only when you pull down the lock screen it’s not actually locked.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
For number 1, no it does not lock your phone. That’s the worst part of it. There is no notification tray/menu anymore. It’s just the lock screen. Only when you pull down the lock screen it’s not actually locked.

And you can as easily swipe it up without even touching the home button.

reversalagent

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Consider your self lucky

• So, no connection issues with Apple Watch (if you have one)?
  • Facetime is working perfectly for you? Cannot get it to properly work in a call or initiate call on own.
  • Rotation bugs on the lock screen?
  • TouchID going straight to home screen instead of show message contents as determined in notification settings?
  • Stickers and apps able to be edited/removed in messages app?

anon(5971985)

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I put PB2 on my iPhone6 yesterday. So far, for a beta it's behaving as expected, but here's my take:

1. I really like that the Control Centre "extra menus" pop up with a long press....I had feared it would be a 3D Touch thing only.

2. The Bluetooth toggle in Control Centre doesn;t work. It changes colour when I press it, but it doesn't actually turn BT on/off

3. App Store crashes when I do a search for a previously purchased app that is not on my phone.

4. File size is no longer shown on App Store updates.

5. Battery drain: I took the phone off charge at midnight with 100%. Mobile Data, wifi and bluetooth all turned off. It had dropped to 93% 7 hours later. Not too bad, but I've seen a 3-4% drop in similar situation before. After a quick look, it seems the standby and usage time were identical, so it was obviously doing something overnight by itself. I cleared out all apps from app switcher (took a while as some reappeared instantly after clearing), and did a hard reset. I'll know better later today whether that has helped. (Currently down to 53% form the 93% I woke up to about 2 hours ago, with light use).

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For me it’s pretty solid. Only issue I’ve had is closing apps.

Yep, it’s pretty solid for me, too. I mean, I have an occasional glitch here and there, but nothing to be alarmed about. All of apps work, I’m not experiencing any dropped calls or connections, CarPlay works without any issues, no Watch issues other than the glitch with the battery level in the iPhone battery widget, AirPods work, Maps, etcetera. Rock solid for “me” as a daily driver. Thankfully...

Last edited:

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
My Apple Watch S1 lost its Bluetooth pairing, so it was only paired when I was on my WiFi network at home. No pairing showed up in the BT menu on the phone, although it once showed up as an "other device."

Solution (working so far--hope it holds): unpair the watch (won't do it completely) which creates a backup on the iPhone. Then erase the watch using the watch settings. Then re-pair the watch. It now shows up normally in the phone BT settings, and in the iCloud find your watch.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
2. The Bluetooth toggle in Control Centre doesn;t work. It changes colour when I press it, but it doesn't actually turn BT on/off

The behavior of the Bluetooth toggle has changed from enabling/disabling BT to just disconnecting from the current connected device.

anon(5971985)

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I’d have thought that an on/off would make more sense, like the other toggles. Was it on/off in th first dev beta? Hopefully it’ll go back to straight on/off for next one!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
  • Facetime is working perfectly for you? Cannot get it to properly work in a call or initiate call on own.
  • TouchID going straight to home screen instead of show message contents as determined in notification settings?

• I was having pretty severe connection issues with Bluetooth staying connected to my watch. I ended up resetting my watch without reinstalling the last backup. No issues since the watch reset... knock on wood.
  • I don't use Facetime, sorry :(
  • The only rotation I have on my iPhone on the lockscreen is in camera mode. Not seeing any weirdness there. On my iPad however, sometimes when rotating between landscape and portrait the wallpaper disappears and you're left with a black screen. It was supposedly fixed with this last release, but I'm still seeing it. It's just not as bad as before.
  • You lost me with this one. Can you explain with a bit more detail so I can test it for you?
  • There are toggles there to disable them, but they appear to be buggy at the moment. Since the toggles are there then by release they technically should be working as intended.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Using Touch ID will do that. You can enable "raise to wake" and just raise the phone and see the lockscreen with messages, or simply push the power button on the side of the phone to view the lockscreen.

reversalagent

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Using Touch ID will do that. You can enable "raise to wake" and just raise the phone and see the lockscreen with messages, or simply push the power button on the side of the phone to view the lockscreen.

So, I realized my error. In accessibility settings, I had enabled rest to unlock, which was the problem. Once I unchecked that option, I could use Touch ID to unlock the message contents and see them on the lock screen.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My biggest issue is not being able to launch and play Madden... most of the time I have to quit it a couple times before it works.

Battery has been an issue but going to try @John Yester suggestion.

Also sometimes my lock screen is rotated when I put the phone to sleep after using an app that is landscape.

Resetting all settings helped quite a bit on my install with app switcher issues and a few other minor things.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234