Nagging issues in iOS 11 (so far)

NeilWhitear

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I am running on my 7 Plus and Pro 12.9 and I am surprised at the stability of this first beta. The only real nags I have come across appear to be visual where items not quite aligned, notifications overlap underlying text and odd items like this.

Although I did notice last night that when I open the case to my AirPods the battery notification does not pop up on screen.

Other than this, I am really pleased although I am keen to see what changes and fixes beta 2 brings.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I had an issue with the phone app on my SE. I set the phone to speaker and then pushed to bring up the keypad, so I could choose an option, and the phone locked up on me. I was stuck calling but the screen was completely frozen. I shut the phone down, just because it seemed like the quickest way to end the phone call.

When I tried it again, the exact same thing occurred, it locks up when trying to pull up the keypad.

213ninja

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
The only real issue that is bothersome to me is rapid battery drain with increased device temps. I keep updating all my apps hoping the culprit will get fixed, but it could be iOS itself....

It's inconsistent so not a deal breaker. Still very much enjoying the beta.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The only real issue that is bothersome to me is rapid battery drain with increased device temps. I keep updating all my apps hoping the culprit will get fixed, but it could be iOS itself....

It's inconsistent so not a deal breaker. Still very much enjoying the beta.

That sounds like an app or two struggling with the new OS in the background. Swipe out any suspects in multitasking, then do a hard reset (reboot).

Ben Coxey

May 5, 2013
Visit site
So far I can't be really positive about this beta. It honestly feels like I'm working on an android again which God for bid makes me want to throw the phone. I have to say though it may be the fact that I'm working on an iPhone 6 with only 16 gigs. But why does the storage capacity on the phone change all willy-nilly. I have problems Switching from one after another some apps don't work correctly or can't go from landscape mode back at all. If this iPhone storage becomes too big I won't receive calls or emails and my alarm won't go off

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
So far I can't be really positive about this beta. It honestly feels like I'm working on an android again which God for bid makes me want to throw the phone. I have to say though it may be the fact that I'm working on an iPhone 6 with only 16 gigs. But why does the storage capacity on the phone change all willy-nilly. I have problems Switching from one after another some apps don't work correctly or can't go from landscape mode back at all. If this iPhone storage becomes too big I won't receive calls or emails and my alarm won't go off

I’d say a fairly large part of your issue is that you only have 16 GB of memory. That doesn’t go very far these days, especially when iOS eats up 4-5 GB on its own. A big part of your issue could also be that you’re running developer beta 1 of a major update. Early betas rarely run as smoothly as whatever GM is currently available.

Harsh_Malkani

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
I’d say a fairly large part of your issue is that you only have 16 GB of memory. That doesn’t go very far these days, especially when iOS eats up 4-5 GB on its own. A big part of your issue could also be that you’re running developer beta 1 of a major update. Early betas rarely run as smoothly as whatever GM is currently available.

Facing the same problem as well
Wasn't really a good idea to update it on the 16GB phone
Reduces the battery life considerably as well
Another problem I was facing was with the YouTube search bar

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
The absence of 3D Touch on edge to switch to last app. I use it frequently. If they remove it I'll pass on updating to 11 when it comes.

BoneCollecter

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
Beta 2 is buggy for me, there are more lags and hiccups than previous beta.there is weird bug in beta 2 when ever i close apps and press home button to go home apps reopens and don't shut until few tries it's annoying does have this similar issue?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Beta 2 is buggy for me, there are more lags and hiccups than previous beta.there is weird bug in beta 2 when ever i close apps and press home button to go home apps reopens and don't shut until few tries it's annoying does have this similar issue?

Normally with other releases, stuff is fixed and other are not, or other issues arise.

Harsh_Malkani

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
Good you told us about this
Will definitely not try to get a hands-on with beta 2

gcardona

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Really bad battery life on Watch OS 4 Beta 2, battery completely gone only after 3.5 hours, not happening on beta 1. Watch Control Center shows the location indicator all the time.

dexterouz

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Out of excitement, never convince your woman to go for Beta updates, not even public beta. You will find lots of nagging issues :(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711