Nagging issues in iOS 11 (so far)

SternerDustin

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
For everyone on the beta - what are the most nagging bugs/issues you've had so far? Overall, has the beta been pain free, or are there a lot of things you'd like to see addressed and fixed asap?

I haven't jumped on the beta yet (I'll probably wait for stable release) but super pumped to hear feedback here!

I'm on Beta 2 and biggest most irritating bug is using 3rd party keyboards like GBoard intermittently freezing at certain points but honestly it's not that horrible!

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I’m crashing from time to time after placing and disconnecting from calls. I’ve also had difficulty using a keypad to respond to prompts after calling into voice activated answering services like Verizon’s.

Jezza23

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
For everyone on the beta - what are the most nagging bugs/issues you've had so far? Overall, has the beta been pain free, or are there a lot of things you'd like to see addressed and fixed asap?

I haven't jumped on the beta yet (I'll probably wait for stable release) but super pumped to hear feedback here!

I haven't tried it just yet, but as far as I can see it doesn't seem to have worrying bugs, so I recommend you give it a try!

Harsh_Malkani

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
I’m crashing from time to time after placing and disconnecting from calls. I’ve also had difficulty using a keypad to respond to prompts after calling into voice activated answering services like Verizon’s.

Facing the same problem
Barely can use the keyboard
Touch responses are lagging a lot as well.
Can't wait for the next beta version yo be out
Hopefully this bug gets resolved

CT9AJ

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
My only nagging issue is the darn blue bar letting us know an app is actively using our location. I have the app “Moves” downloaded which tracks my steps etc throughout the day. I wish we could set to ignore the blue bar for certain applications or something.

Harsh_Malkani

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
some settings have been moved or buried and I still haven’t found them, and I can’t figure out how to clear all notifications; do they want me to never clear all notifications?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
some settings have been moved or buried and I still haven’t found them, and I can’t figure out how to clear all notifications; do they want me to never clear all notifications?

Remember, this is beta. The "clear all" may be there in the final release. In the meantime, report it to Apple in the bug reports.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

With the current betas you can only clear all on the older notifications. It’s annoying for sure, hopefully they let us clear all recent notifications as well in an update.

earthpilot

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The main bugs I'm seeing is quitting an app is sometimes hard to swipe the app up to quit. And when you do sometimes the app isn't quit it's still running. The other is in CarPlay if you get a navigation prompt with other audio from the stereo going it doesn't let go of the navigation prompt audio and silences the stereo.

Anyone else having these issues?

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The main bugs I'm seeing is quitting an app is sometimes hard to swipe the app up to quit. And when you do sometimes the app isn't quit it's still running. The other is in CarPlay if you get a navigation prompt with other audio from the stereo going it doesn't let go of the navigation prompt audio and silences the stereo.

Yes. On my iPhone. It sometimes takes a few tries, or I have to close another open app before I can close the one I want to close.

It’s not an issue on my iPad for obvious reasons.

I would like to see a “close all” feature, say by holding on an “x” for a few seconds. For that matter, I’d like to see something similar in Safari to close all pages. These were jailbreak tweaks I liked a lot.

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

What device do you experience that app quitting issue? I haven’t had this happening on my iPhone 7 iOS 11 beta 2

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have successfully force closed apps on my iPhone 7 Plus since the first beta and each time upon opening that app it acted like it was closed, never resuming from the point the force closed happened.
It could be a bug, it could be something else, but as with all major updates, I recommend a clean install.

Lambertoid

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I’m having multiple applications crash including imore. But after multiple crashes the apps just started working out of nowhere

Last edited:

JSEPhD

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Just installed the Public Beta earlier today. So far, so good. I only have one app that just won't open (so far). Things seem to be running well.

Harsh_Malkani

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
My only nagging issue is the darn blue bar letting us know an app is actively using our location. I have the app “Moves” downloaded which tracks my steps etc throughout the day. I wish we could set to ignore the blue bar for certain applications or something.

Such issues only get resolved in the final update
Although you can switch off the notifications for that particular app
Hopefully after that you won't get the alert on the blue bar

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234