Current details online show examples of only documents and pictures being downloaded to apple device through Files app on IOS 11. I am curious about mp3 files being transferred from the cloud and downloaded to device through Files app.
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-14-2017 02:12 PM
    I’m not sure about this.

I’m a stickler when it comes to music and I wouldn’t want to play them one by one. The native player in the Files app doesn’t support continuous play, therefore is not interesting to me.
    06-14-2017 02:28 PM
    Current details online show examples of only documents and pictures being downloaded to apple device through Files app on IOS 11. I am curious about mp3 files being transferred from the cloud and downloaded to device through Files app.
    As long as you can select the share option and then choose save to iCloud Drive then yes.
    06-14-2017 03:14 PM
    I was able to listen to a FLAC file (never before supported), and it said it downloaded but I dunno where it downloaded to. FLAC sounds much better than MP3, but unfortunately they're huge files.
    06-14-2017 04:42 PM
    There is no longer support for mp3 s. Some say that now NMp3 does not officially exist. It's like a gopher - it's there, but it's not like it.
    06-14-2017 09:29 PM
    There is no longer support for mp3 s. Some say that now NMp3 does not officially exist. It's like a gopher - it's there, but it's not like it.
    MP3 is going nowhere for now, since it is still king when it comes to the most used formats. Some of the things that were being said about MP3 being dead is because their patents expired. Their patents expiring basically means... their patents expired. That's about it. Companies no longer need a license to use MP3, so they can use it for free. That sounds even better for many companies, since with the patents still in use you had to pay to offer MP3 formats for your company. So it's not broken, it's just free, and you won't get patent infringement if you're a company and offer it. Apple Music and iTunes and Amazon Music and all the others will still offer MP3 files. They just won't be patented anymore. Otherwise they all would have moved away from that immediately if it suddenly died because the patent expired. But alas, no need to fear, the king of sound, MP3, is still here.

For now...
    dexterouz likes this.
    06-14-2017 09:43 PM
    Sorry, You have a bad sense of humor. Try to find someone who does not have mp3 files.
    06-14-2017 10:59 PM
    Would be nice to be able to save mp3 or music files to the phone directly from online storage. I have all my music on OneDrive now, and sometimes it is nice to save files for offline listening, but I can do that with Groove Music, so I am fine with it.
    06-15-2017 09:20 AM
    that would be nice but its also really easy to get all your fav songs from a youtube mp3 converter
    Parichaya Seth likes this.
    06-15-2017 09:55 AM
    That's a great idea to make the mp3 format available on iphone
    06-16-2017 03:19 AM
    How should we do that
    06-16-2017 03:19 AM
    That's a great idea to make the mp3 format available on iphone
    Apple has been supporting mp3 for a very long time now.
    I don’t understand why’d you think otherwise.
    06-16-2017 03:44 AM
    Apple has been supporting mp3 for a very long time now.
    I don’t understand why’d you think otherwise.
    You can download MP3 from cloud storage, and they will show up in your music? Admittedly I haven't tried that with iCloud Drive, but it doesn't work from OneDrive. OneDrive was one of the cloud services that was mentioned would be implemented into the Files app, so maybe that will change with iOS 11
    06-16-2017 08:15 AM
    You can download MP3 from cloud storage, and they will show up in your music? Admittedly I haven't tried that with iCloud Drive, but it doesn't work from OneDrive. OneDrive was one of the cloud services that was mentioned would be implemented into the Files app, so maybe that will change with iOS 11
    No, it won’t appear in music. Only if you’re subscribed to music or using iTunes you will be able to add music to the Music.app.
    06-16-2017 08:30 AM
    Are you using iOS 11 and have tried this? I think that is what the OP was hoping would be the case. I loathe iTunes and try not to use it when at all possible.
    06-16-2017 08:33 AM
    Are you using iOS 11 and have tried this? I think that is what the OP was hoping would be the case. I loathe iTunes and try not to use it when at all possible.
    Yes I’m on iOS 11 and I know for a fact it’s not possible.
    06-16-2017 09:19 AM
    Yes I’m on iOS 11 and I know for a fact it’s not possible.
    Thank you for confirming that! Guess I will continue to use Groove Music then...
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-16-2017 09:22 AM
    Best way to get an MP3 file in the Music app on iPhone is by downloading it on your Mac, importing to iTunes, and syncing with your phone. Not the easiest way; hopefully it will get better in later updates. For now, SYC or SYC 2 is a good piece of Mac software to get music from Youtube or Soundcloud really easily.
    06-16-2017 11:29 AM
    for now just get soundcloud++, or datpiff
    06-17-2017 06:11 AM
    JetAudio app also playing all the music you have on your device. It also has equalizer too.
    As far as File app is concerned, I think it can't be considered as a full-fledged file explorer but it's a good start
    Sherry_B likes this.
    06-17-2017 09:47 AM
    It would be nice if Apple removed this limitation but I doubt they will since that can be used to steal music and they have a music store that they want you to subscribe to.
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-17-2017 09:48 AM
    06-17-2017 03:02 PM
    Love iOS 11
    06-17-2017 03:02 PM
    Best way to get an MP3 file in the Music app on iPhone is by downloading it on your Mac, importing to iTunes, and syncing with your phone. Not the easiest way; hopefully it will get better in later updates. For now, SYC or SYC 2 is a good piece of Mac software to get music from Youtube or Soundcloud really easily.
    Yes there is an easier way with iTunes !
    Did you know you can use iTunes as a pass through to put MP3 directly in your iPhone or iPad. With the last iTunes and iOS 10 your iPhone should appear without cable just by wifi and then you can drag multiple MP3 from any folder directly to your iPhone music or directly in a playlist also ! And it did not add the music to your computer library but only to your iPhone.
    It's easy and fast !
    Note: To work you got to activate "HomeSharing" on your computer and iPhone and have activated "Sync with this iPhone over Wifi" and "Manually manage music and videos" in options of your iPhone when connected to iTunes.
    After that your iPhone will appear automatically in iTunes without cable and your can drag from any folder music and videos to it !
    Last edited by Donkichot; 06-20-2017 at 04:44 PM.
    Trees likes this.
    06-17-2017 07:51 PM
    Since you van have it is a no go for me. You are only able to play one by one in files app and that makes the player practically useless for music.
    06-17-2017 09:48 PM
27 12