Will IOS 11 allow you to download mp3s directly to your device through the new Files app?

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice if Apple removed this limitation but I doubt they will since that can be used to steal music and they have a music store that they want you to subscribe to.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Best way to get an MP3 file in the Music app on iPhone is by downloading it on your Mac, importing to iTunes, and syncing with your phone. Not the easiest way; hopefully it will get better in later updates. For now, SYC or SYC 2 is a good piece of Mac software to get music from Youtube or Soundcloud really easily.

Yes there is an easier way with iTunes !
Did you know you can use iTunes as a pass through to put MP3 directly in your iPhone or iPad. With the last iTunes and iOS 10 your iPhone should appear without cable just by wifi and then you can drag multiple MP3 from any folder directly to your iPhone music or directly in a playlist also ! And it did not add the music to your computer library but only to your iPhone.
It's easy and fast !
Note: To work you got to activate "HomeSharing" on your computer and iPhone and have activated "Sync with this iPhone over Wifi" and "Manually manage music and videos" in options of your iPhone when connected to iTunes.
After that your iPhone will appear automatically in iTunes without cable and your can drag from any folder music and videos to it !
https://youtu.be/rRD5pR5TMtw

Last edited:

josepilot81

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Since you van have it is a no go for me. You are only able to play one by one in files app and that makes the player practically useless for music.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Yea, you can't even repeat with that player. It's why I still carry around an Android phone. So I can play program music at the rink through the sound system without cluttering up my Music library with every "test cut" I want to try.

When you have no one to press play for you, it's normal to start playback in last 10-15 seconds of track and go to your spot on the ice. Then when it finishes, the player repeats from the beginning and you run your program. Easy peasy. All you have to do is set Album to "Program Music" when you export your cut and put it in a subfolder on the Android phone. The music app sees it and puts them all in a Program Music Album in your library automatically. If you want to get rid of it, you simply delete the file.

For that level of convenience (irony in this situation), I must carry around an Android "PMP" along with my ~$900 iPhone 7 Plus... ... ... Running "The Most Advanced Mobile Operating System."

My patience wears thin...

Giovanni Moscardino

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
I’m not sure about this.

I’m a stickler when it comes to music and I wouldn’t want to play them one by one. The native player in the Files app doesn’t support continuous play, therefore is not interesting to me.

I absolutely agree. It can be done, Apple could have added these old options back easily, a click. You pay for Song/Album, then pay to get off your iCloud, which you pay for extra storage(if) but you have to join Apple Music and pay again because (download-funny) Offline means paying your rent until you move out, or can’t listen to music you paid for, and paid for in Cloud. Next, monthly fee to “unlock” if lock & fee for screen landscape.

Apple offline....Rent.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I absolutely agree. It can be done, Apple could have added these old options back easily, a click. You pay for Song/Album, then pay to get off your iCloud, which you pay for extra storage(if) but you have to join Apple Music and pay again because (download-funny) Offline means paying your rent until you move out, or can’t listen to music you paid for, and paid for in Cloud. Next, monthly fee to “unlock” if lock & fee for screen landscape.

Apple offline....Rent.

I don’t understand

naddy6969

May 29, 2017
Visit site
The “files app” is actually useless, as nothing shows up there. I don’t understand what all the hype was about.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Current details online show examples of only documents and pictures being downloaded to apple device through Files app on IOS 11. I am curious about mp3 files being transferred from the cloud and downloaded to device through Files app.

You can download mp3s directly to the Files app, though you need a 3rd party browser that supports the new Files app. Some do. As far as the cloud, your cloud service also needs an app that supports the new Files app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner