Hi guys,

I found the beta to be very buggy and caused a lot of my frequently used apps to crash. I followed a guide to downgrade back to 10.3.2 but now I'm having all kinds of issues... one of the main ones is notifications, I get the bubble saying how many texts I have but I don't get any sounds or banners, is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance!!
    06-14-2017 08:22 AM
    Hi guys,

I found the beta to be very buggy and caused a lot of my frequently used apps to crash. I followed a guide to downgrade back to 10.3.2 but now I'm having all kinds of issues... one of the main ones is notifications, I get the bubble saying how many texts I have but I don't get any sounds or banners, is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance!!

I recommend you take the time to do a clean install, whether with iOS 11 or your previous iOS version. It’s an inconvenience, but the results are almost always worth it, in my opinion.
    stuttz, calebt and Not Quite Right like this.
    06-14-2017 08:38 AM
    I recommend you take the time to do a clean install, whether with iOS 11 or your previous iOS version. It’s an inconvenience, but the results are almost always worth it, in my opinion.
    How do I do that? Thanks for quick reply
    06-14-2017 08:46 AM
    How do I do that? Thanks for quick reply
    I’m going to assume you have a backup already made, either via iCloud or iTunes. Anyway, follow the below instructions.

1. Put your iPhone in DFU mode. Use the link below for directions.

https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode

Note: if you have a newer model iPhone, use the power and down volume buttons to get the device in DFU mode instead of the power and home buttons.

2. Connect the device to your computer and then initiate the computer’s iTunes app.

3. When iTunes detect the device to be in recovery, select to “restore and update”. If you plan on freshly installing iOS 11, you need to have the associated .ipsw file already downloaded from the developer site, and instead of selecting “restore and upgrade”, press the option key while select restore to direct iTunes to the location of the .ipsw file.

4. After the process is complete, you will be met with the welcome screen. Follow the prompts to select the language, etc., and when you’re prompted to install from a backup, choose to set up the device as new.
    06-14-2017 08:55 AM
    Tried DFU mode and it says error, iPhone can't be restored
    06-14-2017 09:31 AM
    Mine worked in DFU.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-14-2017 09:57 AM
    Mine worked in DFU.
    This is exactly what I did and it worked on my 7Plus as well.
    06-14-2017 11:24 AM
    Tried DFU mode and it says error, iPhone can't be restored
    Are you certain you’re in DFU mode? If there is anything on your iPhone’s display then you’re not in DFU mode. Also, to exit DFU mode, simply press both the power and home or power and down volume buttons until you see the  logo. Afterwards, release both buttons and let the device boot to the lock screen like it did before.

Now in regard you getting an iPhone can’t be restored error, make sure you have the latest iTunes app installed on your computer and then try again. You may have to try multiple times, but it’ll eventually take.
    06-14-2017 11:45 AM
    Was definitely in DFU mode as I got a prompt flash up in iTunes saying there was a device in recovery mode. I think my iTunes might be out of date and need an update, maybe that is the issue... will update iTunes and try again!!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-14-2017 11:47 AM
    Correct you will need to update. Also if it needs to download. after a while the device will reboot and need put back in DFU mode if the OS has not started to install.
    stuttz and Spencerdl like this.
    06-14-2017 11:50 AM
    Worked a charm after the update! Thanks for the help fellas
    06-15-2017 05:23 AM
    I’m going to assume you have a backup already made, either via iCloud or iTunes. Anyway, follow the below instructions.

1. Put your iPhone in DFU mode. Use the link below for directions.

https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode

Note: if you have a newer model iPhone, use the power and down volume buttons to get the device in DFU mode instead of the power and home buttons.

2. Connect the device to your computer and then initiate the computer’s iTunes app.

3. When iTunes detect the device to be in recovery, select to “restore and update”. If you plan on freshly installing iOS 11, you need to have the associated .ipsw file already downloaded from the developer site, and instead of selecting “restore and upgrade”, press the option key while select restore to direct iTunes to the location of the .ipsw file.

4. After the process is complete, you will be met with the welcome screen. Follow the prompts to select the language, etc., and when you’re prompted to install from a backup, choose to set up the device as new.
    Those are great tips indeed, thanks!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-15-2017 06:20 AM
    Great tutorial Just_Me D, Clean install is the only way to go with iOS 11 in my opinion.
    06-15-2017 07:12 AM
    Those are great tips indeed, thanks!
    You’re very welcome...
    06-15-2017 07:43 AM
    Great tutorial Just_Me D, Clean install is the only way to go with iOS 11 in my opinion.
    Thank you. I do a clean install with every new full release of iOS and sometimes with intermittent releases, and as I’ve stated numerous times in the past, I honestly believe it has kept me from experiencing various problems a good deal of others have experienced. I really do believe that.
    calebt likes this.
    06-15-2017 07:46 AM