What’ do you think of the new document scan feature in the Notes app?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think that it works quite well, but I would have preferred a there be a scan icon for easier use instead of selecting the circled + and then selecting “Scan Documents”. Anyway, what do you think of it? Do you think you’ll use the option?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I would have liked it better if the scan document option was included in the Files app. That’s where I save my documents.
The Notes app is to write something down for short term for me, not a document drawer.

But all in all, it’s a nice addition that you don’t need a third party app anymore to scan documents.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been using this with the Dropbox app for a while now, mostly using the Today widget actually, and it saves the scan to Dropbox. So, I agree with @Tartarus, this would be nicer if you could save it to files.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
I think it makes sense with the other new Notes app features such as formatted text and inking. Very handy for copying a paper form and immediately filling it out.

It's a good addition.

bigtruck1369

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
After more consideration, I'm not sure that this feature will totally replace 3rd party scanners for me. As someone mentioned above, the Notes App is an odd place for the scanner to be housed. There are often times that I'm scanning something that doesn't make sense to stick right in Notes. How well does it work to get the scanned document into other apps?

JSEPhD

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Does the scan automatically generate a PDF, or do you have to export it out to iCloud, etc.? Is moving the file out into iCloud straightforward?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After more consideration, I'm not sure that this feature will totally replace 3rd party scanners for me. As someone mentioned above, the Notes App is an odd place for the scanner to be housed. There are often times that I'm scanning something that doesn't make sense to stick right in Notes. How well does it work to get the scanned document into other apps?

I scanned a few pages and it was basically effortless.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Does the scan automatically generate a PDF, or do you have to export it out to iCloud, etc.? Is moving the file out into iCloud straightforward?

The scanned images I have via the Notes app are in .pdf format, and I did not have to export it to iCloud or anything.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative