Signal bar on iOS 11

prithvi64

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
I like new signal bars in IOS 11. However, another big annoying bug, I noticed y'day, call screen when Call is on, key pad & other options aren't working, screen doesn't go out and calls not getting disconnected. IVRS mode calling is not possible at all. Only restart is the option to disconnect call.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
How do you get beta versions? Are they an invite? My phone just says software is up to date with 10.3.2. As for preference, I think I'd be ok either way

This beta is for registered developers. See the link at the bottom of https://developer.apple.com and instructions here: https://www.imore.com/how-download-ios-11-developer-beta

There is a $99 annual fee for developers in order to see the iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS betas.

At some point in the next few weeks, there will be a public beta available, but the beta for iOS 11 is not yet available through the public beta program. See https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/ . The public beta program is free.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'd love to see a screen shot of it.

Here you go:
2fbc4476987f3c3c0fbe68d4b6f9bb4a.png

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Saving space is most definitely the motivation. It is growing on me the more I see it, and I'm sure by September it will seem natural. The really shocking change will be to everyone that isn't really interested in tech and just updates to iOS 11. To them it will be a shock, and I anticipate lots of "Where did my dots go?" questions from my family.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
The numeric field test is not an Apple feature. Your carrier provides that. If it no longer works, it could be Apple has blocked it either intentionally or unintentionally. Or the carrier no longer offers it.

Actually, it is an Apple supplied feature. Granted, the information is primarily for carriers to use and not for us end users, but the information comes from the phone -- it shows what type of signals the phone is receiving from the local cell antennas.

On my primary phone I currently have the numeric signal strength. On my backup phone, which is on the same account with the same carrier, I have the bars on the iOS 11 beta -- the numerical strength appears to not be an option in Beta 1.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
the signal bar gives you a more detailed way to know how strong your signal is.

Actually the dots would. Apple gave us 5 dots but only 4 bars. It’s reading the same signal regardless. The most accurate signal reading is frequency, which can be gotten to pre iOS 11 using the Field Test Mode glitch.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Actually, it is an Apple supplied feature. Granted, the information is primarily for carriers to use and not for us end users, but the information comes from the phone -- it shows what type of signals the phone is receiving from the local cell antennas.

On my primary phone I currently have the numeric signal strength. On my backup phone, which is on the same account with the same carrier, I have the bars on the iOS 11 beta -- the numerical strength appears to not be an option in Beta 1.

Yes, I clarified that in post #29 . It's an Apple feature, but for the carriers, not for the users. The only useful bit of info there for us is the signal strength numeric value.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73