Next Beta?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Now that beta 1 has been out for a week, what does everyone think of our chances at getting beta 2 this week? Or even today?

I'd love to see an update soon that fixes the battery drain, while anything else is icing on the cake!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Historically, beta 2 arrives after the second week, but we’ll see if that holds true or not...

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I will probably wait for iOS 11 beta 4 before I put it back on my device. In the meantime I will definitely be monitoring the iOS 11 threads. Theres about a billion of them...LOL

BradKamin

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Seems like lately there has been a lot of beta releases before a finished product is pushed out. I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if we see 8-9 betas of iOS 11 before it’s available.

thedonp

Banned
May 19, 2017
Visit site
Now that beta 1 has been out for a week, what does everyone think of our chances at getting beta 2 this week? Or even today?

I'd love to see an update soon that fixes the battery drain, while anything else is icing on the cake!

Don't Beta's usually push out on Tuesdays?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Seems like lately there has been a lot of beta releases before a finished product is pushed out. I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if we see 8-9 betas of iOS 11 before it’s available.

Right. I would expect it to be officially released with the next phone, but I was asking about beta 2, since we're on beta 1 now. :)

BradKamin

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Right. I would expect it to be officially released with the next phone, but I was asking about beta 2, since we're on beta 1 now. :)

Yes I understand what your asking I was just saying I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a new beta out this week. Seems like Apple has Bering pushing out beta software like crazy.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I’m still hoping for a new beta this week. Historically updates come out weekly to start with. As in the first beta comes out on Monday, the following Monday has beta 2. As far as public beta releases go, it’s usually developer beta 3 or 4 before public beta 1.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I’m still hoping for a new beta this week. Historically updates come out weekly to start with. As in the first beta comes out on Monday, the following Monday has beta 2. As far as public beta releases go, it’s usually developer beta 3 or 4 before public beta 1.

Squash the big bugs then get to the little ones. we didn't get anything today, but hoping for the rest of the week somehow!