IOS 11 As Daily Driver

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced that iCloud mail doesn’t notify on lockscreen or on the watch? Push works, but I just get a badge notifcation on the Mail icon. Nothing else, no sound, no vibration and nothing on the lock screen. This is not my primary iCloud mail account, but it is the one that I use. I tried to downgrade to iOS 10.3.2, end everything works. Then I upgraded to iOS 11 beta 1 again, and the notification stopped working again. I have then downgraded once more to iOS 10, where it works.

I have an Exchange mail and gmail account also. Both of them work fine on iOS 11, it’s only the iCloud account which doesn’t work.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I haven’t but I’m not using the stock Mail app. Have you submitted a bug report to Apple?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have it on my daily driver, and if you can deal with battery drain that is higher than it was on 10.3.x, then go for it. There are some quirks but overall it's good enough as long as you understand that there will be quirks that need to be worked out.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced that iCloud mail doesn’t notify on lockscreen or on the watch? Push works, but I just get a badge notifcation on the Mail icon. Nothing else, no sound, no vibration and nothing on the lock screen. This is not my primary iCloud mail account, but it is the one that I use. I tried to downgrade to iOS 10.3.2, end everything works. Then I upgraded to iOS 11 beta 1 again, and the notification stopped working again. I have then downgraded once more to iOS 10, where it works.

I have an Exchange mail and gmail account also. Both of them work fine on iOS 11, it’s only the iCloud account which doesn’t work.

Go to Settings -> Notifications -> Mail -> iCloud, and then enable the toggle next to “Show on Cover Sheet”. That’ll do the trick for you.

jadajada

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings -> Notifications -> Mail -> iCloud, and then enable the toggle next to “Show on Cover Sheet”. That’ll do the trick for you.

No, that does not help. It was on. Tried to toggle off and on again, but still not notification from iCloud mail.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, that does not help. It was on. Tried to toggle off and on again, but still not notification from iCloud mail.

I don’t know what to tell you then. It’s working as it should in my iPhone. I haven’t tested it in the Apple Watch because I’m in the middle of erasing all its contents and settings so I can prepare it for watchOS 4. You may have to use the “Reset All Settings” options.

jadajada

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I don’t know what to tell you then. It’s working as it should in my iPhone. I haven’t tested it in the Apple Watch because I’m in the middle of erasing all its contents and settings so I can prepare it for watchOS 4. You may have to use the “Reset All Settings” options.

I have tried that as well. It doesn't work on my iPad either. Every other mail account shows notifications and sound, but not my iCloud account.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I just finished restoring my iPhone 7 Plus as new with iOS 11 and it’s running better than it did when I initially upgraded OTA. With that in mind, OP, I was already using it as a daily driver on my primary device and i know it’s stable enough to continue doing so n

I know you always set up as new and I’m seriously considering it as I typically do it on a brand new iOS XX.0 version. Might do it when I get back from Charlotte this afternoon.

blueeyes2die4

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site

I am having the same issue. It works on my iPad Pro but not on my iPhone or Apple Watch. I am using spark mail until it is worked out.

jadajada

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue. It works on my iPad Pro but not on my iPhone or Apple Watch. I am using spark mail until it is worked out.

I am also getting notifications on iPad noe, but very unstable. Sometimes they come through, and sometimes the screen light up, but nothing more. On iPhone nothing happens. Thanks for the tip. Also using Spark until it works again.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I know you always set up as new and I’m seriously considering it as I typically do it on a brand new iOS XX.0 version. Might do it when I get back from Charlotte this afternoon.

Excellent....Also, I was about a half hour southeast of Charlotte all day yesterday for my son’s lacrosse tournament. As you can attest, it was HOT!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Excellent....Also, I was about a half hour southeast of Charlotte all day yesterday for my son’s lacrosse tournament. As you can attest, it was HOT!

Yes indeed! Was at our nephews 8th bday party. Got tricked into playing catch then a game of football with the “Hey Uncle Audwin...”

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Its great to read that Apple is releasing beta firmware with less and less bugs, thanks for all your input guys!
Cheers

syphix

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
iOS 11 dev beta 1 is more stable than MOST Android ROM’s I’ve flashed. Sure, there’s some bugs. But nothing that makes the phone unusable as a daily driver. The biggest one for me is not even a big, I fear, but a new feature: the new notification management/lock screen.

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It was working ok (apart from a little lag) on my 6 but since my banking app didn't work I had to downgrade back to 10.3.3 PB3.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
After Clean install of iOS 11 and reinstall all Apps manually, I can honestly say for me it's solid for a daily driver. Been using it now four 4 days without hard reset and no app crashes, the sluggishness is pretty much none existent now, still a few copy paste bugs, like from Dashlane password manager to password field that i can deal with work around. Copy paste to notepad then to password field weird but works. Most Important is the clean install, I know its a pain in the dupper, but if you want a good experience it's the only way to go in my opinion.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After Clean install of iOS 11 and reinstall all Apps manually, I can honestly say for me it's solid for a daily driver. Been using it now four 4 days without hard reset and no app crashes, the sluggishness is pretty much none existent now, ...
After the initial OTA install, I found iOS 11 to be solid with sluggishness here and there, but after I did a clean install, dude, this baby flies....

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2