IOS 11 As Daily Driver

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If battery life is not your biggest concern, go for it. All of my 150+ apps are working and there are no cringeworthy bugs.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It’s pretty stable for a first developer beta. It’s pretty skittish, it likes to hang for a second, and there are some apps that don’t load for people. Battery life isn’t the greatest. I’m using it on my daily driver but I’m ok dealing with the bugs.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
how is it working, and is it good enough for a daily driver?

Going into an early beta, there will be issues. If you have to ask this question then it's probably not for you. Betas are to get the bugs worked out. Not to worry if it's stable. Remember there will be 3 more months of betas so there are a lot of issues to iron out.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
how is it working, and is it good enough for a daily driver?
There was a YouTube video done by EverythingApplePro and he showed the performance difference between IOS 10 and the IOS 11 beta. The boot up times were significantly slower on IOS 11 and the gap widened even more as you moved to older generation iPhones.

I personally wouldn't load beta software, especially when it's not even a public beta on my main device. If it's a secondary device then absolutely go for it! 😃 Playing around with all the new features and finding all the bugs is great fun.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
First time I’ve loaded a beta 1. Usually I was it for 3 or 4. That being said I’m very surprised on how stable. Battery life isn’t has good but still nothing significantly that’s makes me revert back to iOS 10.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It's on my daily driver. Battery life has taken a hit but on par with what it would be if it was a new phone. I find that my battery life decreases faster because I'm using it more, finding new things. On the days where I use the device normally I end the day with around 25% left. That's maybe 10% less than what I'd have on 10.3.x public beta.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
It’s good enough as a daily driver for me. I’d like Apple to reduce the delay between pressing an app and the app actually launching but other than that, I’ve had 0 issues

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It’s good enough as a daily driver for me. I’d like Apple to reduce the delay between pressing an app and the app actually launching but other than that, I’ve had 0 issues

Yes. And the load times in AppStore are also taking longer than usual.

I hope to see beta 2 this Monday.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just finished restoring my iPhone 7 Plus as new with iOS 11 and it’s running better than it did when I initially upgraded OTA. With that in mind, OP, I was already using it as a daily driver on my primary device and i know it’s stable enough to continue doing so n

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes. And the load times in AppStore are also taking longer than usual.

I hope to see beta 2 this Monday.
Typically beta 2 on the yearly major revision is 3 weeks. Then it goes every 2 weeks after that. I'm just hoping they do it after 2 weeks this year.

I think the reason for that is WWDC taking a lot of engineers away for that first week after initial beta.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Typically beta 2 on the yearly major revision is 3 weeks. Then it goes every 2 weeks after that. I'm just hoping they do it after 2 weeks this year.

I think the reason for that is WWDC taking a lot of engineers away for that first week after initial beta.

Fair enough. But here is to hoping

jadajada

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced that iCloud mail doesn’t notify on lockscreen or on the watch? Push works, but I just get a badge notifcation on the Mail icon. Nothing else, no sound, no vibration and nothing on the lock screen. This is not my primary iCloud mail account, but it is the one that I use. I tried to downgrade to iOS 10.3.2, end everything works. Then I upgraded to iOS 11 beta 1 again, and the notification stopped working again. I have then downgraded once more to iOS 10, where it works.

I have an Exchange mail and gmail account also. Both of them work fine on iOS 11, it’s only the iCloud account which doesn’t work.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox