Yes. Either CTRL + restore or OPTION + restore. I always forget which one. Furthermore, it should work whether you are currently on the beta or not.
    blueeyes2die4 likes this.
    06-14-2017 03:28 PM
    I am also getting notifications on iPad noe, but very unstable. Sometimes they come through, and sometimes the screen light up, but nothing more. On iPhone nothing happens. Thanks for the tip. Also using Spark until it works again.
    Oh man..my Spark mail stopped responding for a few days now. It receives new emails and even notifies me but when I go to read the email it just hangs. This is my main email client for all my accounts so this is a bummer. Back to Outlook until that bug gets squashed
    06-14-2017 03:30 PM
    After the initial OTA install, I found iOS 11 to be solid with sluggishness here and there, but after I did a clean install, dude, this baby flies....
    Would you mind sharing how the Clean Install works? Is it just Reset to Factory? What OS would it come up with when it boots up?

Thank you
    06-14-2017 03:34 PM
    Ok got you. I found a website that has the ipsw file downloads but it was only one file for iPhone 7 Plus so I thought it was sketchy. Usually it is one file for gsm and one for global.
    Full disclosure, I only said no because I didn’t want to bring you on ideas to download it.

Sure there are ways to get them, but I, as an ambassador, have only your best interest at heart. I didn’t want you to brick your device just because I said you could download it elsewhere, even without giving a link.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-14-2017 03:38 PM
    Yes. Either CTRL + restore or OPTION + restore. I always forget which one. Furthermore, it should work whether you are currently on the beta or not.
    Thank you!!!
    06-14-2017 03:39 PM
    Would you mind sharing how the Clean Install works? Is it just Reset to Factory? What OS would it come up with when it boots up?

Thank you
    If you were to simply do a clean install, the latest “official” iOS version will be installed onto your device. If you had the .ipsw file for a specific iOS version (iOS 11, for example), that is the version that would get installed, provided you direct iTunes to install it. With that in mind, my definition of a clean install is putting the device in DFU mode so that iTunes can download and install a fresh full copy of iOS. After the installation of iOS, you can choose to restore from a backup or set it up as a new device. Since you’ve had iTunes install a fresh copy of iOS, why risk corrupting it with a backup? I recommend you set up the device as new.

Directions:
    1. Put the device in DFU mode. DFU = Device Firmware Upgrade.
    https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode

2. Connect the device to your computer and then initiate the computer’s iTunes app, preferably the latest version.

3. When iTunes detect the device in “recovery”, select one of the following:
    A. If you simply want to do a clean install of the latest official iOS version for your device, select “restore and update”.
    B. If you’ve downloaded the .ipsw file for a specific iOS version, select CTRL + restore or OPTION + restore (I forget which one) and then direct iTunes to the .ipsw file to be installed.

4. When the process is complete, you will be met with the welcome screen. Simply go through the prompts like you did when you set up your device for the very first time.
    calebt likes this.
    06-14-2017 03:42 PM
    Full disclosure, I only said no because I didn’t want to bring you on ideas to download it.

Sure there are ways to get them, but I, as an ambassador, have only your best interest at heart. I didn’t want you to brick your device just because I said you could download it elsewhere, even without giving a link.
    Completely understandable. I am not new to this however just a little rusty lol. Thank you for your help.
    06-14-2017 03:42 PM
    Thank you!!!
    You’re very welcome...
    06-14-2017 03:43 PM
    If you were to simply do a clean install, the latest “official” iOS version will be installed onto your device. If you had the .ipsw file for a specific iOS version (iOS 11, for example), that is the version that would get installed, provided you direct iTunes to install it. With that in mind, my definition of a clean install is putting the device in DFU mode so that iTunes can download and install a fresh full copy of iOS. After the installation of iOS, you can choose to restore from a backup or set it up as a new device. Since you’ve had iTunes install a fresh copy of iOS, why risk corrupting it with a backup? I recommend you set up the device as new.

Directions:
    1. Put the device in DFU mode. DFU = Device Firmware Upgrade.
    https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode

2. Connect the device to your computer and then initiate the computer’s iTunes app, preferably the latest version.

3. When iTunes detect the device in “recovery”, select one of the following:
    A. If you simply want to do a clean install of the latest official iOS version for your device, select “restore and update”.
    B. If you’ve downloaded the .ipsw file for a specific iOS version, select CTRL + restore or OPTION + restore (I forget which one) and then direct iTunes to the .ipsw file to be installed.

4. When the process is complete, you will be met with the welcome screen. Simply go through the prompts like you did when you set up your device for the very first time.
    Great info! Thanks a lot for the reply.

Go Canes!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-14-2017 03:54 PM
    Great info! Thanks a lot for the reply.

Go Canes!
    You’re very welcome, and “Go Canes” indeed because “it’s all about The U”...
    06-14-2017 03:55 PM
    Hmm, maybe I'll give it a shot. I am definitely interested in seeing the new stuff in person asap.
    06-14-2017 07:27 PM
    I’m not going to try to educate anyone on what a beta is or what the risks are.

Instead I’ll simply answer the question as asked.

As a daily driver for me, it works. I have a hundred apps or so and they all work fine.

The only issues I have had are a few apps randomly closed and the battery drain is kinda brutal. This is also causing the phone to heat up. I notice it particularly when Facebook is running.

I consider myself a power user and use my [only] phone professionally and personally. But, I have a charger at home, at the office, and in my car. And if I really need it, a battery pack...so the more frequent charging is a small price to pay for me to enjoy iOS11.

YMMV.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-14-2017 07:38 PM
    You’re very welcome...
    I did a fresh install and OMG the difference is like night and day. Doesn’t even feel like a beta honestly. I really appreciate your help.
    mumfoau and Just_Me_D like this.
    06-14-2017 10:54 PM
    I have installed always the public beta "dirty" and haven't had any problems. So I came to think that is the dev beta different somehow?
    06-15-2017 03:44 AM
    I did a fresh install and OMG the difference is like night and day. Doesn’t even feel like a beta honestly. I really appreciate your help.
    Very tempted to try it also now that I´ve read your words...
    06-15-2017 05:20 AM
    Fresh install made a huge difference for me after doing it on Monday. Hadn’t done a fresh install since getting the phone in October.
    robertk328, Tartarus and Just_Me_D like this.
    06-15-2017 05:39 AM
    Oh man..my Spark mail stopped responding for a few days now. It receives new emails and even notifies me but when I go to read the email it just hangs. This is my main email client for all my accounts so this is a bummer. Back to Outlook until that bug gets squashed
    Not having any issues with Spark here
    06-15-2017 05:51 AM
    You’re very welcome, and now you understand why I’m such a big fan of restoring as new....
    blueeyes2die4 and Tartarus like this.
    06-15-2017 06:37 AM
    Fresh install made a huge difference for me after doing it on Monday. Hadn’t done a fresh install since getting the phone in October.
    It can be an inconvenience, but it’s almost always worth it.....
    06-15-2017 06:38 AM
    It can be an inconvenience, but it’s almost always worth it.....
    Because i have no more than 50 downloaded apps it’s a little less inconvenient than it would be for some. Still took some time to get back up and running and signed into everything. Probably would be easier if I used iTunes more to keep all my apps updated.
    Just_Me_D and Tartarus like this.
    06-15-2017 06:40 AM
    Very tempted to try it also now that I´ve read your words...
    It is definitely worth it if you have the time to do it.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-15-2017 08:49 AM
    It is definitely worth it if you have the time to do it.
    "the time"? What do you mean? It takes hours to do it?

Cheers
    06-15-2017 09:10 AM

Cheers
    To redownload all my apps and get everything setup the way I had it took about two hours
    badelhas likes this.
    06-15-2017 09:13 AM
    Same, wipe and setup as new and getting apps and screens setup takes a little over an hour. Apps, login's and everything downloaded, photos etc, normally take around 2 + hours.
    06-15-2017 09:24 AM

Cheers
    In addition to what’s already been stated, it may not take you that long to get things set up. I mean, if you just go through the setup prompts, have only an iCloud email account, and just reinstall your purchased apps, it may not take you long at all. Having said that, if you’re like many of us who are viewed as techies, and you go through each and every settings, install/reinstall your apps, put the home screens in a certain way, have multiple email accounts, etc., then yeah, it may take you a couple of hours. Still, it’s worth it, in my opinion. I’ve been doing this for so long that it’s not a big deal to me at all.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 06-16-2017 at 11:32 AM.
    blueeyes2die4 and robertk328 like this.
    06-15-2017 12:01 PM
80 1234