For those with the developer preview, can you please please answer me this... I have a lot of questions regarding the new features of the notes app. Which honestly looks amazing and can

1) I'm really curious! as i haven't seen this anywhere. What does that new sketching tool do? the one that looks like a lasso, (the pointed Line in the shape of a question Mark)

2) The website says that inline drawing moves the text aside when touching the screen with the Apple Pencil and Start drowing... does the text only moves up and down of the sketch? is it all around?... or does it Work more like OneNote...

3) When scanning a document you can annotate it right after. Does this mean that we can markup images / PDFs inserted on a not whenever we like? or are you only able to annotate a scanned document just at the moment of scanning...

4) Is the ruler tool gone?
    06-08-2017 02:33 PM
    For those with the developer preview, can you please please answer me this... I have a lot of questions regarding the new features of the notes app. Which honestly looks amazing and can

1) I'm really curious! as i haven't seen this anywhere. What does that new sketching tool do? the one that looks like a lasso, (the pointed Line in the shape of a question Mark)
    The lasso feature allows you to move text anywhere on the note.

2) The website says that inline drawing moves the text aside when touching the screen with the Apple Pencil and Start drowing... does the text only moves up and down of the sketch? is it all around?... or does it Work more like OneNote...
    a yellow line will appear to shield the typed text from being drawn over when using the Pencil. For instance, if you’re using the Pencil above the typed text, the yellow line will hover above It, and vice-versa when using the Pencil below the typed text.

3) When scanning a document you can annotate it right after. Does this mean that we can markup images / PDFs inserted on a not whenever we like? or are you only able to annotate a scanned document just at the moment of scanning...

4) Is the ruler tool gone?
    Yes and yes.
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-08-2017 08:14 PM
    Thank you for the thorough response. It looks exciting! However its a true shame the ruler tool was gone! If anything I would've thought apple would introduce at least more rulers for curves, or stencils, etc!

Image / PDF markup in notes do add great functionality.

Are the tools on the markup workspace the same as the sketching ones?
    06-09-2017 08:58 AM