iOS 11 - Impressions so far

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 - 48hrs later

Loving it on my iPad Pro. Still getting used to the changes on the iPhone. But I haven’t been able to put either down since putting the beta on both devices🤦🏾*♀️

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

I can only speak for iPhone, but I have to say that the sluggishness is mostly gone. It’s stable, safe from one respring there have been no crashes, no oddities and all my apps are working.
Unlike the early betas of iOS 9, the betas of iOS 10 and now iOS 11 have proven to be suitable for daily drivers.

The only thing that needs work is battery life, but I’m sure that will be resolved pretty quick.

All in all, it’s a good and stable build.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

It’s pretty stable for a first beta. I agree that the iPad updates are better, as is the battery life. I take my iPad off the charger every morning and even 12 hours later off the charger it’s still at 100%. My iPhone on the other hand is a different story. Battery drains quicker than iOS 10.3.

itsMohsinK

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

How stable is it? I so want to install it on my iPad Pro but scared of losing or corrupting apps!

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I'm liking it so far on the iPhone. I have yet to try it on my iPP. I've downgraded back to iOS 10 for the time being.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

The iPad changes in iOS 11 are awesome. They’ll be even better once the kinks are worked out. I feel like Apple is FINALLY taking advantage of the iPad’s screen real estate. It’s a departure from what we’re used to but it’s still very familiar at the same time.

The iPhone upgrades are rather incremental. A few changes but morning earth shattering. I actually reverted back to iOS 10.3.2 until I realized that my Apple Watch, which I upgraded to watchOS 4, would no longer pair. Needless to say, I’m back on iOS 11 on my iPhone as well.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

I’m digging it on my iPad Air 2. I just put watchOS 4 on last night but I love the kaleidoscope face!

With my 7+ I’ve had some battery gankiness but other than that it’s been solid.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

How stable is it? I so want to install it on my iPad Pro but scared of losing or corrupting apps!

It’s stable for a beta. There are variable effects as to which apps don’t open for people specifically, what bugs show up for which people, and the battery drains quicker on iOS 11 beta 1 than it does on the official 10.3 build, or the current 10.3 beta. It is by no means ready for public use at all. It’s still sluggish, the sluggishness gets a little better after a while but things still hang.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site

It was clunky until it was done indexing, on my iPhone. I helped it by clearing the RAM and it did wonders
Beside the signal bars “a la Android”, I REALLY love that Beta. I also installed it on my iPad Mini 2 and it runs fantastic! I dig the new tweaks and features they implemented

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Good that it is pretty stable for a beta 1. Will jump in on my iPad once the public beta hits. Really interested to see the new IOS on the iPad pro. Will sit out my iPhone 7 though.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site

So far its very stable. It is a bit slow at times, but that is to be expected for a beta, especially an early one. New control center and notification centers are nice, and the new smart invert looks to be a good feature as well, though will need some work.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I’ve had one glitch with the screen brightness, and the battery life has falter slightly, but I can still go an entire day on a single charge. Other than that, iOS 11 is still stable on my iPhone 7 Plus. My apps still work, no connectivity problems, CarPlay & Bluetooth work without a problem and I’m looking forward to doing a clean install this weekend.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

What I dislike about iOS 11 is the lock screen notification look. I don’t want to see my lock screen wallpaper every time I swipe down to see my notifications.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

What I dislike about iOS 11 is the lock screen notification look. I don’t want to see my lock screen wallpaper every time I swipe down to see my notifications.

I’m pretty sure it’s a bug. If not, I hope they will go back to the it was on iOS 10.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner