I'm just not feeling iOS11 at the moment.
    It’s the right move. The more and more I used my 7 Plus and iPad Pro, the more things went wrong. There is a reason why Apple held this build back from public beta testing. It’s just not good. But that’s part of the beta life.
    06-10-2017 12:08 PM
    It’s the right move. The more and more I used my 7 Plus and iPad Pro, the more things went wrong. There is a reason why Apple held this build back from public beta testing. It’s just not good. But that’s part of the beta life.
    It’s a great first beta. I am seeing more bugs as time goes on, but I still think it’s a great first beta. It’s only going to get better from here.
    06-10-2017 01:12 PM
    Although I enjoy the small incremental additions, this is one of those times where I had hoped Apple made major changes to iOS being that it’ll usher in the 10th anniversary iPhone. Still, I’m thankful for iOS 11.
    It does seem like the 10th Anniversary would have been a great time to do a full redesign of the user interface, instead of sticking with the basic look it has now had for a decade. OTOH, I suspect they didn't want to have the issues with a new UI combined with their 10th Anniversary iPhone.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-10-2017 02:19 PM
    Apple never releases first betas to the Public; they tend to wait for the second beta, as they expect some major issues. With a new OS version this is typically worse, as some of the new features change the way the apps interact with the OS, meaning apps will often get strange errors on new betas. Basically, the first beta is largely for the developers to "fix" their apps to make the fixes they need to be compatible with the new OS.
    06-10-2017 02:22 PM
    Beside the carrier signal strength thst became bars instead of dots (Android-ish, yuck..) and the  TV Control Center remote not finding my  TV, I really like it!
    06-11-2017 08:05 AM
    Beside the carrier signal strength thst became bars instead of dots (Android-ish, yuck..)
    Or like the original iPhone? I've always disliked the dots; I think bars take up less space and give better visual information at a glance.
    06-11-2017 08:51 AM
    Or like the original iPhone? I've always disliked the dots; I think bars take up less space and give better visual information at a glance.
    Taking up less space is the key I think. Dots or bars doesn't matter. I rarely look at it anyway.

Was just about to jump into beta, but seems a lot of people are having more problems (or the newness has worn off). I know it is a beta, and the first beta, so that is to be expected, but I am going to try to wait it out a little longer.
    06-12-2017 07:00 AM
    I prefer the dots. Easier to see.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    06-12-2017 07:10 AM
    Taking up less space is the key I think. Dots or bars doesn't matter. I rarely look at it anyway.

Was just about to jump into beta, but seems a lot of people are having more problems (or the newness has worn off). I know it is a beta, and the first beta, so that is to be expected, but I am going to try to wait it out a little longer.
    When I initially install iOS 11 beta OTA, there was a little lag. I’ve yet to experience any crashes, with the exception of the Trello app, but that doesn’t really count because an app update will fix it. The rest of my 3rd-party apps work flawlessly. Anyway, after I took some time to install a fresh copy of iOS 11 and set it up as a new device, I don’t even have any more lag or I should say rare lag. For a beta 1, iOS 11 is stable enough for a daily driver. In fact, I’m using it as a daily driver. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Pay, VPN, etcetera, all work. I’ve not experienced any dropped calls or wireless disconnections.
    Tartarus and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    06-12-2017 07:24 AM
    I prefer the dots. Easier to see.
    I believe that is why Apple went to the dots. For those that had the older iPhones, Apple started with bars; the switch to dots appears to have been a response to "Antenna-Gate." It seems, not that Antenna-Gate has largely been forgotten, that Apple is now going back to bars. Of course, it is also thought that the bars, because they take less space, may be "needed" for the iPhone 8, which is now rumored to have the camera "blocking" part of the notification bar.

Also, I just noticed that they removed the db signal strength, replacing the bars, from Field Test mode in iOS 11. Hopefully that is just a missing feature from Beta 1 and will be added back in the final version.
    06-12-2017 07:56 AM
    It would’ve been nice if they put the same amount of bars (5) instead of 4. I feel like it’s less accurate the way it currently is.
    06-12-2017 10:15 AM
    When I initially install iOS 11 beta OTA, there was a little lag. I’ve yet to experience any crashes, with the exception of the Trello app, but that doesn’t really count because an app update will fix it. The rest of my 3rd-party apps work flawlessly. Anyway, after I took some time to install a fresh copy of iOS 11 and set it up as a new device, I don’t even have any more lag or I should say rare lag. For a beta 1, iOS 11 is stable enough for a daily driver. In fact, I’m using it as a daily driver. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Pay, VPN, etcetera, all work. I’ve not experienced any dropped calls or wireless disconnections.
    I’m glad to see I’m not the only one on iOS 11 who has crashes from the Trello app

And I also use iOS 11 as a daily driver without issues!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-12-2017 10:18 AM
    It would’ve been nice if they put the same amount of bars (5) instead of 4. I feel like it’s less accurate the way it currently is.
    I've always thought they should put a single dot, red for no signal, yellow for marginal, green for good. (Well, it'd probably have to be three different shapes for color blind/accessibility.)

With digital radios, you either have a signal or you don't. The number of bars isn't all that meaningful since we ditched analog cellular.
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-12-2017 08:06 PM
    Go for Field Test Mode if you want accuracy I don't think I even notice the bars anymore...
    06-13-2017 06:42 AM
    Go for Field Test Mode if you want accuracy I don't think I even notice the bars anymore...
    According to EverythingApplePro you can’t get Field Test Mode permanently on iOS 11, at least not on beta 1.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-13-2017 07:40 AM
    According to EverythingApplePro you can’t get Field Test Mode permanently on iOS 11, at least not on beta 1.
    Thank you. That pretty much answered the question I just posted in another thread.
    06-13-2017 07:46 AM
    OK, wow. Wonder if there's a different way to get to it in 11, or if it's just not there yet.
    06-13-2017 07:53 AM
    It’s not a thing with iOS 11 (yet).

You can’t even get it at all. The manipulation doesn’t work.
    06-13-2017 07:54 AM
    OK, wow. Wonder if there's a different way to get to it in 11, or if it's just not there yet.
    Getting into Field Test Mode is not a problem. Having the signal meter change automatically once you’re in Field Test Mode is where the problem lies.
    06-13-2017 08:16 AM
    Still very fast and stable!
    I’m eager for Beta 2, just out of curiosity
    06-16-2017 08:23 AM
    Totally agree!!!! That's why it's on my 6s Plus. I can't be bothered with it on my 7 plus just yet lol
    06-17-2017 09:17 PM
71 123