New Control Centre

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
Ok. First of all. The new control center is absolutely stunning. It is so convenient and user-friendly. But I really wish that apple also put VPN in there so I can turn it on or off with control centre. What do you guys think?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I ended up keeping it as much as stock. Too much controls there kinda defeats the purpose and you end up spending more time finding that one switch you need.

This is my initial setup but can change at my convenience.
ca7b1003856b3e4700417aaec51ce7df.png

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok. First of all. The new control center is absolutely stunning. It is so convenient and user-friendly. But I really wish that apple also put VPN in there so I can turn it on or off with control centre. What do you guys think?

Adding a VPN option in the Control Center would be beneficial to a good deal of people, in my opinion...😎

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
From a non iPhone user I think the improvement was huge, I can understand most of what i does and sometimes in the previous versions was kind of hard, also has a lot of good features there.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Question.... does the Apple TV Remote app have to be installed for this option to be available?

Is this also open for apps to take advantage on? IE one to call a contact on WhatsApp?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Question.... does the Apple TV Remote app have to be installed for this option to be available?
I don’t know. I have the TV remote app already installed, so I can’t check it out for you.
What I do know is that in this build it’s hit and miss with the TV remote app in the control center connecting to the TV. Out of the 10 times I’ve had it only make contact twice.

Is this also open for apps to take advantage on? IE one to call a contact on WhatsApp?

I’m not sure. As iOS 11 has not yet been released officially, developers are not allowed to update their apps with code that came with the developer kits for iOS 11.

But if I had to guess: No, apps will not have to Control Center. They already have Force Touch and the home screen to work with.

cheryl64

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
i like the new update for control center but do you have an easy way to pull it up? i have to fight to get mine pulled up on screen

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
i like the new update for control center but do you have an easy way to pull it up? i have to fight to get mine pulled up on screen

I usually only have issues when trying to pull it up with the keyboard up or in an app like YouTube. Do you have a case on your phone that covers the front? Some cases make it hard to pull up.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I like that I can add to the new control center, I’m still pretty indifferent on the design though. I wish we could change the icon size and completely change the layout. We’re getting there though.

josepilot81

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Have you try the new HomeKit?? I think is just wonderful. Finally take into account that we are not lonely individuals and that we can share our home with people and take that into account. No longer wake up my gf in my night shift turning bed side lights

dexterouz

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
For me, it looks kind of childish but still, I like that it has reduced the need for swiping and everything is on one page :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR