Your first impressions of iOS 11?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Simple question - sound off! What do you think about iOS 11? Which features are you most excited about? Were there some things not announced that you were hoping to see?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I think I speak for everyone that Dark Mode is one of the biggest features that was not included in this version.

Overall, I’m really impressed with the way iOS is going. The keynote sure left a whole lot out of what is introduced with this beta.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My first impression of iOS 11 is that it’s stable. I’m impressed with the battery life, and I’m thankful that all of my 3rd-party apps are working without any problems. I’m still experimenting with iOS 11, but thus far, it’s a keeper...

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
After doing some more digging I am actually happy with the way iOS is going. At first I thought this was going to be a very small update but it is indeed huge. Maybe not all visually, but some of the underlying technologies are going to make iOS 11 huge.

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Don't like it, no DM and pale colors, looks like a cheap Android desktop, cero innovation. Hope they'll change it enough on the final release.

If this is what will 'dress' the new iPhones, they better do an exceptional job with their hardware.

queenmarylady

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking forward to being able to use that feature of letting others know when I am driving. I get so many calls when I am on the road and it would be nice to be able to let others know I got their message and will get back to them asap, but driving at the moment. My daughter has a Samsung phone and has had that feature for a long time now. Nice of Apple to finally catch up.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I don’t like the lock screen notifications. I like the fact that you can customize the Control Center. Still getting used to everything.

raven247

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I like the way how we can customize the control center. Not to mention all the new stuff for the iPad Pro. Finally some added love for the iPad!

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
It pains me to say this, but I'm not all that impressed. I prefer the overall look and feel of iOS 10. I may not update to iOS 11, or maybe I'll just update one iDevice and leave the others on 10. :-/ We'll see, though.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
It surprises me that I ended up impressed. Just about every new or changed feature is something I look forward to. Just the drag & drop function plus Files app would make iOS a must-install for me.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It pains me to say this, but I'm not all that impressed. I prefer the overall look and feel of iOS 10. I may not update to iOS 11, or maybe I'll just update one iDevice and leave the others on 10. :-/ We'll see, though.

I wasn’t impressed either... until I loaded it. Then my mind completely changed.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Wasn't impressed by the keynote. Not too impressed with iOS 11 for my iPhone. Looking forward to iOS 11 on my iPad. Seen a few co-workers running it last night. Seems ok but nothing too exciting for my phone, imo. I'll upgrade because it's good to stay current but not because I'm really looking forward to anything. When the public beta releases I may give it a shot and see if my views change.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
It’s definitely more slick on the iPad than the phone. I personally feel like this year, the hardware will be the star of the show.

trw1602

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I write a lot on my iPad as well as code some. iOS 11 is a long awaited feature for me. I can research on one side, write on the other, but I can drag and drop between apps. The current way of loading an app in split view is horrendous. The fact that I have Spaces on an iPad now is amazing.I was a little unhappy about the App Store but I'll get used to it.

But my mom, who is 70, and just getting used to the iPad is going to have all sorts of trouble with this update. I don't live near her but will be headed home for the holidays. Will have to show her how to use it. She only does games and games like Candy Crush. I dread trying to get her to understand it.

I am happy about APFS for macOS. The fact that the filesystem can take snapshots of previous HDD states makes this a great update, especially if they include snapshots in Time Machine.

Centra96

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
I immediately checked my iPhone for new iOS version during the conference, but it was just upgrade to 10.3. How long should I be waiting for it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I immediately checked my iPhone for new iOS version during the conference, but it was just upgrade to 10.3. How long should I be waiting for it?

You will not receive the update until you install the iOS 11 beta profile.

anon(9758025)

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I don't know I don't find anything super exciting about iOS 11 so far I like the smart invert colors which makes the setting app info like a dark mode, but other than that I am not a fan of the redesigned App Store and especially the iTunes app logo redesign. Then of course I am happy that multitasking is brought up with control center on the iPad Mini 2 so that's pretty cool.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods