Two problems that really stick out with the beta. First and foremost, battery life is horrible. Just as an experiment, I unplugged my iPad Pro and left the iPad sitting over night without touching it. Ten hours later, the battery indicator went from 100% to 20%. I looked at Battery in Settings and discovered that Google Audio had used 36% of my battery. I have a Google Home unit that requires Google Audio be turned on. Why that should affect the iPad is a complete mystery. Otherwise, I haven idea what Google Audio does or how I could be using it. This problem only manifest itself under iOS 11. With iOS 10, I never noticed a problem. The second problem is the Files app. It barely works right now. The Files on My iPad location shows nothing. I can't even figure out how to link to Dropbox or Google Drive. There doesn't seem to be any menu to sign into those services. iCloud drive does seem to work, though.
    06-19-2017 12:49 AM
    My first impressions are great, we needed such an upgrade...

Cheers
    06-19-2017 04:20 AM
    Basically because some features are too different, some are not working as good as it should and some changes will be arriving, maybe if you are a tech fan (the 5% of users) there is not a problem, but for the regular person who only want sthe things working at the best I think it's too early.
    Even those reading this site, already a small, somewhat tech-savvy subset of iOS users, are having difficulties understanding why some things don't work in the beta (e.g. un-updated-for-beta third-party apps like Google Drive not showing up in Files app). It's really too early for even moderately technically knowledgeable folks, it seems.

Too early for me, too, by a long shot. Much as I'd like to experience the new features, even more I don't want to have to fiddle and tweak and deal with broken stuff. I'll wait for iOS 11 to go live.
    06-19-2017 07:56 AM
    Even those reading this site, already a small, somewhat tech-savvy subset of iOS users, are having difficulties understanding why some things don't work in the beta (e.g. un-updated-for-beta third-party apps like Google Drive not showing up in Files app). It's really too early for even moderately technically knowledgeable folks, it seems.

Too early for me, too, by a long shot. Much as I'd like to experience the new features, even more I don't want to have to fiddle and tweak and deal with broken stuff. I'll wait for iOS 11 to go live.
    Yeah me too. But I'm thankful for all the beta testers, they most certainly will help the final version to be better
    Tinkernaught likes this.
    06-20-2017 06:01 AM
    Yeah me too. But I'm thankful for all the beta testers, they most certainly will help the final version to be better
    Indeed! I'll cheer on the voluntary beta testers while patiently waiting for the finished release in September. They serve a necessary purpose and I'm grateful.
    06-20-2017 08:15 AM
    i like the drag and drop feature, but i think that i was liking it more if the data that i was wanting to transfer was copied to clipboard like u have it in windows and then paste it wherever u want
    06-20-2017 06:38 PM
    I can't imagine I would ever want to use drag and drop on a small iPhone.
    06-20-2017 08:37 PM
57 123