iOS 11 Dev Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Haven't done much with this yet, but I'll use my AirPods today (left them at the office!) and see if I can test.

Did not have any calls to test but did have some BT quirks which didn't happen before.

Listening to Apple Music I thought the song stopped but it just wasn't playing in my AirPods. Song was still playing but wasn't getting any sound from the phone or AirPods. Weird.

Had it drop connection a few times with the AirPods in my ears and my phone sitting on my desk.

I'll try some more...

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Did not have any calls to test but did have some BT quirks which didn't happen before.

Listening to Apple Music I thought the song stopped but it just wasn't playing in my AirPods. Song was still playing but wasn't getting any sound from the phone or AirPods. Weird.

Had it drop connection a few times with the AirPods in my ears and my phone sitting on my desk.

I'll try some more...

I’ve seen the same issue with my BeatsX.

FMGaming88

Jun 9, 2017
Visit site
Its packed with a bunch of cool features....But I think should fix some bugs/glitches especially in the issue 'night mode' feature...

SonicMaster

May 13, 2017
Visit site
I haven't updated my Iphone SE to the Ios 11 beta yet but I think it would work just fine when the update will be fully available to all. I think that It would still be smoother than the older iphone models like the iphone 6 and 5s. I am very curious what would the interface of my iphone would look like considering the SE has only a 4 inch display. Overall I think the ios 11 update will surely be appreciated by all apple owners because of it's new convenient features.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
I haven't updated my Iphone SE to the Ios 11 beta yet but I think it would work just fine when the update will be fully available to all. I think that It would still be smoother than the older iphone models like the iphone 6 and 5s. I am very curious what would the interface of my iphone would look like considering the SE has only a 4 inch display. Overall I think the ios 11 update will surely be appreciated by all apple owners because of it's new convenient features.
That's a good question. I also have yet to see a screenshot of iOS 11 on an SE. Now I'm curious.

bunnyhero

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
My biggest issue is the fact that content blockers are not working. That is a big annoyance. I really dislike ads. Noticeable degradation in loading performance on websites.

i was wondering why i was seeing so many more ads than usual on my iPad pro!

also on my ipad, i'm seeing some recently updated apps crash on launch, including flipboard and tunein radio. i haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling them yet though.

i love the new multitasking UI on ipad although i've found a few glitches with it.

i hope everyone is reporting their bugs to apple! that's what the beta is for, after all :)

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
No more 3D touch on the edge to expand recent apps. Most 3D touch interactions are gone. What happened? I can't even see the home screen as a card in the task switcher. You either have to aim for a sliver of blank space, or press the home button.

also, did you submit feedback on these issues?

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Does iOS 11 still have the 100mb download limit on apps over cellular? With unlimited becoming the norm again, I was hoping get they would get rid of it or at the very least raise the limit.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Does iOS 11 still have the 100mb download limit on apps over cellular? With unlimited becoming the norm again, I was hoping get they would get rid of it or at the very least raise the limit.

It still prompts you when the download is bigger than 100mb. Like in iOS 10 it starts downloading anyway if the incremental app is smaller than 100mb.

Unlimited is not becoming the norm. It’s become available again. There is a difference.
Lots of people I know swear they have enough at 6GB data. I even know people that have less and don’t want to pay a cent more for a bigger data plan.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

It's important to note that the mb size shown in the App update section is the total app size, not the update size. I've been updating many apps on cellular, and the only one that was over 100 mb was Facebook.

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone been able to find other family members purchased in the app store? I don't even see a family sharing mentioned in the app descriptions or anywhere in the new UI. I looked all through my app store and iCloud settings...

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been able to find other family members purchased in the app store? I don't even see a family sharing mentioned in the app descriptions or anywhere in the new UI. I looked all through my app store and iCloud settings...

I can find my purchased but not family. Wonder if there's something not turned on yet...

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm leaning towards it too, but would really like to have a second device as a backup, though it seems things are working out pretty well for people

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I can find my purchased but not family. Wonder if there's something not turned on yet...
Possibly, sometimes I think these guys were drinking as they were coding since they missed out on basic things like that... But such is beta life. I was just hoping that it didn't get eliminated completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative