iOS 11 Dev Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I have one foot in the water but haven't quite decided to jump in. I am pretty new to iOS, so this would be my first beta, but I always used the insider program on Windows Phone. There is just something about the allure of new software/features that makes me not be able to wait.

The biggest benefit is being able to provide feedback, or at least it was on Windows. Can you do that to Apple with the Beta builds?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Correct you can report bugs, provide feedback, etc. Mostly for daily drivers most suffer from battery drain and app crashes. The phone doesn't become usable, but it can be frustrating at times. With this beta being the first it's pretty solid to use as a daily driver.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
My BeatsX randomly dropped connection last night. I believe I saw it earlier in the thread but I can’t seem to be able to activate iCloud Messages on my iPhone. I think it might active though because this morning I noticed my iPad was pushed a non iMessage SMS.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
So even though I don’t have force touch (iP6+) Apple is really pushing it. Did you always have to long press notifications to clear every. single. one (prior to iOS 11) ???

I miss the “swipe left to clear” but not sure if that’s because it was only for devices that didn’t have force touch

Anyone clarify?

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
No real interface changes, really?
So the new AMOLED iphones coming out in 4 months are going to be running the same ho-hum looking OS?
Not impressed at all.
No dark mode?
At least android is theme-able. Tired of this all white blinding trend with everything.
And reverse mode is a joke. Good luck watching videos and viewing pictures as negatives!

porshjosh

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
So even though I don’t have force touch (iP6+) Apple is really pushing it. Did you always have to long press notifications to clear every. single. one (prior to iOS 11) ???

I miss the “swipe left to clear” but not sure if that’s because it was only for devices that didn’t have force touch

Anyone clarify?

No iOS 10 you could clear all notifications by using force touch and clear one by one by swiping

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Anyone clarify?

No, you could “swipe to clear“ until iOS 11.
I’m sure it’s just a glitch or a bug and that swipe to clear will return with the next beta.

Last edited:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I’ve thought this was the best first beta of an major revision that I’ve ever tested for iPhone. And I’ve been doing betas since iOS 3. Now iPad is a different story. This beta has been horrible on my iPad.

I fully agree. iOS 11 has a lot of iPad specific features and I think they are still working them out. The iPhone has some bugs but nothing like previous major release beta 1's

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I’ve thought this was the best first beta of an major revision that I’ve ever tested for iPhone. And I’ve been doing betas since iOS 3. Now iPad is a different story. This beta has been horrible on my iPad.

I've had the opposite experience on mine, but mine (9.7" that they just released recently) is brand new with a clean install of ios 10. The only two things I've noticed is when trying to remove a buggy app from the cache screen, sometimes the little X cannot be pressed. At all. The one app I am having issues with is Pinterest (missing search bar and when it does feel like showing up you cannot get a blinking cursor there to type anything, tapping on the 3 dots for more options will crash the app, and when in landscape mode viewing anyones board the three icons on the top left for Back, Share, and Block are missing until you flip the screen to portrait and back to landscape). Pretty sure the Pinterest app is just not yet fully compatible with 11 (I need to find where to report these bugs for Pinterest).

Other than those two things I have had a fairly smooth experience with 11 on my iPad. Battery is amazing. I'll probably wait this time before adding 11 to my 6s, right now I'm having fun with it on my iPad. :)

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I fully agree. iOS 11 has a lot of iPad specific features and I think they are still working them out. The iPhone has some bugs but nothing like previous major release beta 1's

It is a pretty stable 1st beta. But I’ve found more bugs on my 6+ than my Air 2. No crashes on my iPad but I’ve have a few resprings on my iPhone (particularly when listening to music/clearing all notifications + just navigating apple music and playing music)

But still pretty solid beta 1

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Haven't done much with this yet, but I'll use my AirPods today (left them at the office!) and see if I can test.

Did not have any calls to test but did have some BT quirks which didn't happen before.

Listening to Apple Music I thought the song stopped but it just wasn't playing in my AirPods. Song was still playing but wasn't getting any sound from the phone or AirPods. Weird.

Had it drop connection a few times with the AirPods in my ears and my phone sitting on my desk.

I'll try some more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro