iOS 11 Dev Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Installed two days ago, OTA from the last 10.3.x beta. Battery life has been great. No network or wifi dropping. Every app that I have installed works. Handoff to my Mac running Sierra runs better than 10.3.x beta.

Only issue I've had so far is the contact photos disappearing in messages. And Swarm is using your location is kind of annoying.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I went back to 10.3.2 With the few quirks I had plus battery life being lousy had to get back to something stable.

Me thinks I am going to wait this one out for a bit. Maybe even to final! :concern:

The beta life isn’t for everybody. Especially if you don’t have patience for issues to be worked out. Especially an early beta. Big reason the build wasn’t released to public beta testers.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
it's big disappointment knowing "Dark" mode is not available in this build. Does it mean, it will not be in final too. We have been hearing since 10.3 about dark mode but nothing yet.

That’s the rumor mill for you. They are not always accurate.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Indeed. Dark Mode will never come to iOS, until it comes.

I was hopeful it would come. Not because of rumors. Just thought maybe they would give in and give what so many want. I mean the watch app is in dark mode. What not allow the rest of the OS? Well maybe iOS 12.

AndyLH8891

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Found a interesting bug. There is a strange space between the first and second APP icons.
91ba373a2638b01592f30f35db0c2386.png

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
The beta life isn’t for everybody. Especially if you don’t have patience for issues to be worked out. Especially an early beta. Big reason the build wasn’t released to public beta testers.

Oh I hear you man. Normally I am all over it but never had this many issues in the past.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Oh I hear you man. Normally I am all over it but never had this many issues in the past.

I’ve thought this was the best first beta of an major revision that I’ve ever tested for iPhone. And I’ve been doing betas since iOS 3. Now iPad is a different story. This beta has been horrible on my iPad.

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
The only major issue I have is the battery life, other than the usual bugs that could slow or lag the device, it's been stable. No resprings either, I'm surprised as I had that with the first beta of iOS10

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Funny how everyone’s experience is different. Some people swear that their iPads are running perfectly. Others say iPhones. Yet others say neither. It really depends on your installed apps, usage, etc. Many factors play into the overall stability.

My biggest issue is the fact that content blockers are not working. That is a big annoyance. I really dislike ads. Noticeable degradation in loading performance on websites.

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using with 6s/6s Plus? or even a 6/6 Plus?

I had it on my 6 yesterday but downgraded back to 10.3.2. It was too laggy for me so I'll wait until the public beta is out. All my apps worked though like FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc, so that wasn't an issue. They were just slow starting up and/or switching between them.

Last edited:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed Bluetooth changes? Today when connected through BT headset only two scenarios are possible:
1) Normal sound mode: Call rings through speaker and text/email/other alerts played through headset
2) Silent sound mode: Call rings through headset and text/email/other alerts do not play at all in any way

I would love to see Normal sound mode have all sounds played through phone speaker and still have headset connected AND see Silent sound mode allow for all sounds played through headset only.

Anyone see anything like this?
Haven't done much with this yet, but I'll use my AirPods today (left them at the office!) and see if I can test.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Especially the first release of a major update!

If you're not willing to put up with some quirks, wait a few rounds, and hang out here to see how those things stack up.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Tried doing a call from my MacBook Air (2015) running Sierra. The usual popup opens showing 'calling through the iPhone' on the screen, stays on for some time and then says call failed. On the phone's end, the green top band (not sure what its called) appears momentarily before vanishing and the call history shows call placed but no actual call gets placed.

Can someone check this and confirm.

And yes, its working flawlessly on iOS 10.3.2. Yes, I am on the same wifi network.

I can’t speak to that but I can tell you my hotspot randomly dropped connections which it didn’t do the day before on 10.3.3.

So maybe a similar thing with remote connections?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR