Has anyone noticed Bluetooth changes? Today when connected through BT headset only two scenarios are possible:
    1) Normal sound mode: Call rings through speaker and text/email/other alerts played through headset
    2) Silent sound mode: Call rings through headset and text/email/other alerts do not play at all in any way

I would love to see Normal sound mode have all sounds played through phone speaker and still have headset connected AND see Silent sound mode allow for all sounds played through headset only.

Anyone see anything like this?
    Haven't done much with this yet, but I'll use my AirPods today (left them at the office!) and see if I can test.
    06-08-2017 04:47 AM
    There are alot of app crashes im seeing. Like facebook, instagram, & all my Espn apps
    Madden Mobile won't load.

iOS 11 Dev Beta 1-giphy.gif
    06-08-2017 04:48 AM
    The beta life isn’t for everybody. Especially if you don’t have patience for issues to be worked out. Especially an early beta. Big reason the build wasn’t released to public beta testers.
    Especially the first release of a major update!

If you're not willing to put up with some quirks, wait a few rounds, and hang out here to see how those things stack up.
    Jbrown99 and reeneebob like this.
    06-08-2017 04:50 AM
    I kind of miss the transparency of the notification shade.
    06-08-2017 06:36 AM
    Tried doing a call from my MacBook Air (2015) running Sierra. The usual popup opens showing 'calling through the iPhone' on the screen, stays on for some time and then says call failed. On the phone's end, the green top band (not sure what its called) appears momentarily before vanishing and the call history shows call placed but no actual call gets placed.

Can someone check this and confirm.

And yes, its working flawlessly on iOS 10.3.2. Yes, I am on the same wifi network.
    I can’t speak to that but I can tell you my hotspot randomly dropped connections which it didn’t do the day before on 10.3.3.

So maybe a similar thing with remote connections?
    06-08-2017 06:38 AM
    I'm sitting this one (iOS 11 beta) out you guys. Have FUN!!!
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    06-08-2017 06:53 AM
    I have one foot in the water but haven't quite decided to jump in. I am pretty new to iOS, so this would be my first beta, but I always used the insider program on Windows Phone. There is just something about the allure of new software/features that makes me not be able to wait.

The biggest benefit is being able to provide feedback, or at least it was on Windows. Can you do that to Apple with the Beta builds?
    06-08-2017 07:16 AM
    Correct you can report bugs, provide feedback, etc. Mostly for daily drivers most suffer from battery drain and app crashes. The phone doesn't become usable, but it can be frustrating at times. With this beta being the first it's pretty solid to use as a daily driver.
    bamf-hacker likes this.
    06-08-2017 08:02 AM
    Haven't done much with this yet, but I'll use my AirPods today (left them at the office!) and see if I can test.
    Thanks so much!!! I'm anxious to hear what you find!!
    06-08-2017 08:02 AM
    My BeatsX randomly dropped connection last night. I believe I saw it earlier in the thread but I can’t seem to be able to activate iCloud Messages on my iPhone. I think it might active though because this morning I noticed my iPad was pushed a non iMessage SMS.
    06-08-2017 08:37 AM
    Is VoLTE working ?
    06-08-2017 08:50 AM
    So even though I don’t have force touch (iP6+) Apple is really pushing it. Did you always have to long press notifications to clear every. single. one (prior to iOS 11) ???

I miss the “swipe left to clear” but not sure if that’s because it was only for devices that didn’t have force touch

Anyone clarify?
    06-08-2017 08:51 AM
    No real interface changes, really?
    So the new AMOLED iphones coming out in 4 months are going to be running the same ho-hum looking OS?
    Not impressed at all.
    No dark mode?
    At least android is theme-able. Tired of this all white blinding trend with everything.
    And reverse mode is a joke. Good luck watching videos and viewing pictures as negatives!
    mbar9607 likes this.
    06-08-2017 08:54 AM
    So even though I don’t have force touch (iP6+) Apple is really pushing it. Did you always have to long press notifications to clear every. single. one (prior to iOS 11) ???

I miss the “swipe left to clear” but not sure if that’s because it was only for devices that didn’t have force touch

Anyone clarify?
    No iOS 10 you could clear all notifications by using force touch and clear one by one by swiping
    iknrisms likes this.
    06-08-2017 08:55 AM

Anyone clarify?
    No, you could “swipe to clear“ until iOS 11.
    I’m sure it’s just a glitch or a bug and that swipe to clear will return with the next beta.
    Last edited by Tartarus; 06-08-2017 at 12:41 PM.
    iknrisms likes this.
    06-08-2017 08:55 AM
    I’ve thought this was the best first beta of an major revision that I’ve ever tested for iPhone. And I’ve been doing betas since iOS 3. Now iPad is a different story. This beta has been horrible on my iPad.
    I fully agree. iOS 11 has a lot of iPad specific features and I think they are still working them out. The iPhone has some bugs but nothing like previous major release beta 1's
    06-08-2017 09:58 AM
    I have a 32 bit device (iPhone 5) so I can't expierence iOS 11, but how is it so far?
    06-08-2017 01:34 PM
    I have a 32 bit device (iPhone 5) so I can't expierence iOS 11, but how is it so far?
    It’s stable, amazing and definitely worth upgrading your phone for. At least for me it is.
    MassolPR likes this.
    06-08-2017 02:20 PM
    Anyone else find “it harder/more steps” to get to Spotlight search?
    06-08-2017 02:25 PM
    I’ve thought this was the best first beta of an major revision that I’ve ever tested for iPhone. And I’ve been doing betas since iOS 3. Now iPad is a different story. This beta has been horrible on my iPad.
    I've had the opposite experience on mine, but mine (9.7" that they just released recently) is brand new with a clean install of ios 10. The only two things I've noticed is when trying to remove a buggy app from the cache screen, sometimes the little X cannot be pressed. At all. The one app I am having issues with is Pinterest (missing search bar and when it does feel like showing up you cannot get a blinking cursor there to type anything, tapping on the 3 dots for more options will crash the app, and when in landscape mode viewing anyones board the three icons on the top left for Back, Share, and Block are missing until you flip the screen to portrait and back to landscape). Pretty sure the Pinterest app is just not yet fully compatible with 11 (I need to find where to report these bugs for Pinterest).

Other than those two things I have had a fairly smooth experience with 11 on my iPad. Battery is amazing. I'll probably wait this time before adding 11 to my 6s, right now I'm having fun with it on my iPad.
    06-08-2017 02:32 PM
    I fully agree. iOS 11 has a lot of iPad specific features and I think they are still working them out. The iPhone has some bugs but nothing like previous major release beta 1's
    It is a pretty stable 1st beta. But I’ve found more bugs on my 6+ than my Air 2. No crashes on my iPad but I’ve have a few resprings on my iPhone (particularly when listening to music/clearing all notifications + just navigating apple music and playing music)

But still pretty solid beta 1
    06-08-2017 02:32 PM
    I have confirmation, iOS 11 one handed keyboard on 7 Plus is about half a key wider than iPhone 5 keyboard.
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-08-2017 03:38 PM
    I have confirmation, iOS 11 one handed keyboard on 7 Plus is about half a key wider than iPhone 5 keyboard.
    Apple should have also implemented a swype feature with the one handed keyboard feature, in my opinion.
    ladyc0524 and mbar9607 like this.
    06-08-2017 07:58 PM
    Apple should have also implemented a swype feature with the one handed keyboard feature, in my opinion.
    I think a slightly rounded keyboard like Microsoft’s would have been better.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-08-2017 08:44 PM
    Did not have any calls to test but did have some BT quirks which didn't happen before.

Listening to Apple Music I thought the song stopped but it just wasn't playing in my AirPods. Song was still playing but wasn't getting any sound from the phone or AirPods. Weird.

Had it drop connection a few times with the AirPods in my ears and my phone sitting on my desk.

I'll try some more...
    mbar9607 likes this.
    06-08-2017 09:43 PM
385 ... 678910 ...