iOS 11 Dev Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Possibly, sometimes I think these guys were drinking as they were coding since they missed out on basic things like that

I don't think things were missed so much as possibly disabled and put on the back burner for a rewrite or some other type of overhaul. Perhaps it just flat-out did not work, so it was disabled until assigned to someone for fixes.

In any beta it is not uncommon for options to be missing only to be added back in at a later date.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Oh my, skipping a lot of songs in Music will cause a Springboard reset. This is no good, I skip a lot of songs all the time. Hopefully it’s better in beta 2.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Oh my, skipping a lot of songs in Music will cause a Springboard reset. This is no good, I skip a lot of songs all the time. Hopefully it’s better in beta 2.

I haven’t experienced that. In fact, I’ve only had one springboard reset. Little bugs all over the place though. Hoping beta 2 is just around the corner (tomorrow would be a treat).

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Since restoring my iPhone 7 Plus and setting it up as a new device, the random lag I experienced prior is almost nonexistent. No crashes to report, with the exception of Trello. Everything else works great. I’m really enjoying iOS 11.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
The two things bothering me are the carrier signal strength bars instead of dots (feels Android-ish. And last time was in iOS 6..) and the  TV remote, in Control Center, never finding my  TV.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I fully agree. iOS 11 has a lot of iPad specific features and I think they are still working them out. The iPhone has some bugs but nothing like previous major release beta 1's

That means they are getting better with these beta releases, which is great!

Cheers

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I’ve seen the same issue with my BeatsX.

This is a current BT bug. You need to invoke Siri or voice dictation, then audio comes back to the BT headphones. Had this happen with the AirPods, BeatsX and the Powerbeats 3. Could be W1 related. Ill test non W1 headphones to confirm.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Found a new issue. My iPhone has been heating up a lot and draining battery like mad. Reboot is a temporary fix. Seems to be related to web browsing and/or video playback but I am not 100% sure. Either way, expected for beta 1 but a bit worse than what I’ve seen before.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Found a new issue. My iPhone has been heating up a lot and draining battery like mad. Reboot is a temporary fix. Seems to be related to web browsing and/or video playback but I am not 100% sure. Either way, expected for beta 1 but a bit worse than what I’ve seen before.

Are you using a VPN while web browsing? If so, disable it to see if things change.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Are you using a VPN while web browsing? If so, disable it to see if things change.

No, no VPN. Nothing different in fact than a few days ago when I installed iOS 11. It just started doing this two days ago and continues now all the time. You can also see that in battery usage Safari appears at the top all the time now, consuming about 40 of the battery life used at any point in tims. Definitely some runaway process. I'm not too fussed over it. I'll wait until the next update and see what changes. From there I will start aggressively reporting bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73