Probably the neatest thing I saw when iOS 11 was getting the on-stage treatment today was the person-to-person payment system offered via Apple Pay. So cool.

Could see this being EXTREMELY useful. It's baked into iMessage as an app, and allows you to send and receive money super quick, with money going direct to your wallet where you can save it, spend it, or transfer it to your bank.

What did you think of it?
    larsonage likes this.
    06-05-2017 03:36 PM
    I agree. That was the best thing from the keynote. I was hoping for a dark theme or even file management system for iPhone.
    06-05-2017 03:47 PM
    I like it and great timing as my bank is finally enrolled.

If it works as intended I will no longer need PayPal
    06-05-2017 04:03 PM

I hate PayPal but agree with all of you. That was the most kickass part.
    06-05-2017 04:41 PM

I would. I have Samsung users who pay me via PayPal. And not all iPhone users have a bank that offers Pay.
    Tinkernaught likes this.
    06-05-2017 05:00 PM
    It’s time the Netherlands got included in Pay. I really have the feeling that I’m missing out here.
    06-05-2017 05:05 PM
    This was the thing I was most interested in from the whole presentation. I also like the living image editing options. My wife wanted to do some of that last week, and we found an app that did it, but it is nice it is built in now.
    06-06-2017 07:47 AM
    I will use it for sure
    iwoodland likes this.
    06-06-2017 07:48 AM
    If anyone wants to test this to ensure it works, let me know. I'll sacrifice myself and accept any payments sent my way for testing purposes.
    06-06-2017 09:37 AM
    I would. I have Samsung users who pay me via PayPal. And not all iPhone users have a bank that offers Pay.
    It's easy to get carried away and forget most of the world doesn't use Apple devices.

It's a nice feature, but I'd rather they wrote me a check I could deposit directly into my bank account. I'd honestly be pretty pissed if someone payed me by this method.

How are you supposed to get this into your bank account? Details are completely absent. Hard to get excited when we really don't have much information.
    06-06-2017 11:44 AM
    It's easy to get carried away and forget most of the world doesn't use Apple devices.

It's a nice feature, but I'd rather they wrote me a check I could deposit directly into my bank account. I'd honestly be pretty pissed if someone payed me by this method.

How are you supposed to get this into your bank account? Details are completely absent. Hard to get excited when we really don't have much information.
    Pay is connected to your bank account. Everything what happens on Pay happens on your bank account. No further details necessary
    iwoodland likes this.
    06-06-2017 11:51 AM
    I think this sounds really great, and if I can convince my husband to use Apple Pay, this would be neat to use!
    06-06-2017 11:52 AM
    I think this sounds really great, and if I can convince my husband to use Apple Pay, this would be neat to use!
    Get hold of his phone, add one of his cards, and he will be all set up! :-)
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-06-2017 12:21 PM

I've got my bank card registered. So it would go directly into my bank account.
    06-06-2017 01:35 PM
    I've got my bank card registered. So it would go directly into my bank account.
    I as well. But what you're saying is an assumption. Apple didn't say that. I want to know how it works from them, specifically. It's kind of important.
    06-06-2017 01:37 PM
    I as well. But what you're saying is an assumption. Apple didn't say that. I want to know how it works from them, specifically. It's kind of important.
    Apparently the money goes to an Apple Pay cash card (basically a digital debit card). From there you can transfer it directly to your bank. This isn't a new feature by any means. Just new to Apple.
    06-06-2017 01:47 PM
    They said you can pull it out and transfer it to your bank. That wording is very odd to me. As I've stated. I need an explanation from them.
    06-06-2017 01:48 PM
    It might come in handy at times. I use PayPal a lot: all my freelance work is paid through that service. I have no complaints—zero issues with PayPal the past decade—but, of course, I wouldn't mind being paid without a % taken out. Do we know if Apple will be doing this without a fee? I don't recall that mentioned.
    06-06-2017 01:53 PM
    They said you can pull it out and transfer it to your bank. That wording is very odd to me. As I've stated. I need an explanation from them.
    Like I said, this technology isn't new. This seems to work just like all the other services doing the same exact thing work. Money goes to a digital debit card. From that, you can transfer the money into your bank account or make purchases from that digital debit card. Similar to PayPal or Square or all the other services doing the same exact thing.
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-06-2017 01:55 PM
    Like I said...

(see previous post)

Pretty sure I can use my bank account and routing number at PayPal, which makes sense.

I can't remember any time I was asked for a debit card number for a deposit.
    06-06-2017 01:56 PM
    What is the advantage over PayPal?

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    06-06-2017 01:58 PM
    What is the advantage over PayPal?

Does PayPal offer an iMessage app? I honestly don't know.
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-06-2017 02:00 PM
    They don’t.
    06-06-2017 02:09 PM
    So its built into the iMessage app which means you don't have to leave that to go to the PayPal app?

06-06-2017 02:18 PM
    So its built into the iMessage app which means you don't have to leave that to go to the PayPal app?

Basically. If you're in a text conversation with someone you can send them money directly from within that conversation using the Apple Pay iMessage app, from what it sounds.
    06-06-2017 02:25 PM
44 12