New to IOS maybe.

Brian Embry

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I've been an Android user since well, I can't remember. I know about how smooth the iPhones run. What can I expect if I switch over to the latest iPhone this fall and IOS11?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Long story short: A greatly improved overall experience.
I think this sums up everything :)
Every year that goes by, iOS just gets better and better. One of the new features I like is synchronized messages across iOS and macOS. So If i erase a message on my iPhone or iPad, that will now be reflected on my MacBook as well. 😃 it's the 'small' things like that make me love IOS

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
I have been an iPad user for a few years, but resisted iphone until last month.
IPad vs Android tablet is a no-one brainer. You will be lucky to get one Android update on a device (tablet or phone), whereas IOS updates (improvements, evolution, security updates) are ongoing. Apps are better etc.
For phone, it really depends on whether you use the device primarily as a phone, or for more online stuff. If the former, hard to justify the steep price of iphone vs discounted last year's high end Android devices. But if you use the phone for online, then iphone IOS brings all the benefits listed above for tablets.

dorelse

May 20, 2013
Visit site
You're asking that question on an Apple centric site, so you're going to get rave reviews. I personally was underwhelmed by the iOS 11 release announcement. Stickers...easier access to stickers? Was that enough of an enhancement to make the stage for a demo? That should have been buried in a list of enhancements...not have dedicated time to it. It was really more like iOS 10.5 for iphone and iOS 11 for the iPad.

I'm here for 3 reasons...'guaranteed' yearly OS upgrades, Apple's privacy stance vs. Googles and 3rd party support from peripheral manufacturers (cases, lenses, mic's, etc)

Brian Embry

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
WOW!!!!
All very good answers! I use a 2010 MacBook the that still runs very well and used to have a first generation iPad. So I am making a sizable investment in some new tech. I will more than likely get the just announced 10.5 inch iPad Pro. So in looking forward to the new IOS11 operating system. Thank you for the help!!!

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You're asking that question on an Apple centric site, so you're going to get rave reviews. I personally was underwhelmed by the iOS 11 release announcement. Stickers...easier access to stickers? Was that enough of an enhancement to make the stage for a demo? That should have been buried in a list of enhancements...not have dedicated time to it. It was really more like iOS 10.5 for iphone and iOS 11 for the iPad.

I'm here for 3 reasons...'guaranteed' yearly OS upgrades, Apple's privacy stance vs. Googles and 3rd party support from peripheral manufacturers (cases, lenses, mic's, etc)

Wait till you’re running it on your iPhone.
The keynote didn’t highlight a lot of the features I’m seeing. I have to say that this one is a solid update. Definitely worth checking out, if I were you.

dorelse

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Wait till you’re running it on your iPhone.
The keynote didn’t highlight a lot of the features I’m seeing. I have to say that this one is a solid update. Definitely worth checking out, if I were you.

Yep...the best thing about the iPhone is knowing that it is coming to my phone. No waiting around hoping a manufacturer blesses us with it. I do hope there's more than what we saw...

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Yep...the best thing about the iPhone is knowing that it is coming to my phone. No waiting around hoping a manufacturer blesses us with it. I do hope there's more than what we saw...

I have been solely running betas since iOS 9 and never have any keynote announced the differences you’d see at first sight. Believe me, you won’t regret iOS 11.