This is isn't about what rumors have you heard, or what you want in iOS 11. Given Apple's past and feature sets added in previous iOS version, what do you realistically expect to see in iOS 11?

I mostly expect some sort of visual change, and some added security features. Maybe even iris scan or face scan. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new app or two from Apple this year either. Probably some Siri enhancements also. I'm not really expecting a lot of big changes for iOS 11. What do you think? What do you realistically expect to see?
    05-01-2017 03:07 PM
    I don't expect big changes either. I think we will see improvements in a few areas like notifications and better use of the control center. I'm hoping they group apps by type in the pull down and improve interactions with them. It would be great to be able to select what went into the control center but at a minimum it would be nice to see a refreshed interface with better use of the space. In addition I think we may seem some features that will be unique to the new phone. Possibly iris or facial recognition. I'm actually looking forward to iOS 11 as much as the new hardware.
    Truman82 likes this.
    05-01-2017 07:38 PM
    Im really interested to see Apple's take on VR and where they want to go with it. I wonder if they'll make a standalone device for VR, or if they'll go the Daydream/GearVR route. That's honestly my top interest for all future iOS releases until it gets revealed.
    05-01-2017 09:56 PM
    Im really interested to see Apple's take on VR and where they want to go with it. I wonder if they'll make a standalone device for VR, or if they'll go the Daydream/GearVR route. That's honestly my top interest for all future iOS releases until it gets revealed.
    I don't see Apple getting into the VR game, at least not right now. It's just not ready yet and it would be very un-Apple like to jump in. VR is really in its infancy. Plus Tim Cook has stated that Apple is more interested in AR.

We will see though. Time will tell.
    Nubwy likes this.
    05-02-2017 12:36 AM
    I expect an option to turn off haptic feedback for the Home Button. I've always hated the click of the original Home Button & the feedback is just as bad.
    05-07-2017 11:50 AM
    I expect an option to turn off haptic feedback for the Home Button. I've always hated the click of the original Home Button & the feedback is just as bad.
    Am I understanding that you would prefer to press on the button that is not actually a button and get no feedback at all? I think you should have the option to make it the way you like it, but I guess it would just be weird to me to not feel like I was pushing something even if I'm actually not. That would make it no different than an on screen button, right? I guess it may end up being under the glass anyway. I don't know. I just feel like I would want some feedback when I press the home button. Maybe they will make that an option when they move it under the screen.
    05-07-2017 01:18 PM
    Am I understanding that you would prefer to press on the button that is not actually a button and get no feedback at all? I think you should have the option to make it the way you like it, but I guess it would just be weird to me to not feel like I was pushing something even if I'm actually not. That would make it no different than an on screen button, right? I guess it may end up being under the glass anyway. I don't know. I just feel like I would want some feedback when I press the home button. Maybe they will make that an option when they move it under the screen.
    That's exactly what I'm saying. I don't like the feeling when unlocking my phone. A fingerprint should be able to read my print without the vibration & unlock my phone. When I use biometrics at work there's no vibration or sound...the screen just changes. I know everyone won't like it but options are good. I have mine set to a 1 & it annoys the heck out of me lol
    cwbcpa likes this.
    05-07-2017 01:28 PM
    That's exactly what I'm saying. I don't like the feeling when unlocking my phone. A fingerprint should be able to read my print without the vibration & unlock my phone. When I use biometrics at work there's no vibration or sound...the screen just changes. I know everyone won't like it but options are good. I have mine set to a 1 & it annoys the heck out of me lol
    Fair enough. I'm all for options. I may find that I do like that option too. Won't know unless we can try it. It would be nice to at least have the choice.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-07-2017 01:30 PM
    Fair enough. I'm all for options. I may find that I do like that option too. Won't know unless we can try it. It would be nice to at least have the choice.
    Agreed!!
    05-07-2017 01:31 PM
    I'm hoping to see a transparent dock. I've seen a lot of feature requests for that so I hope it becomes a reality.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-07-2017 02:21 PM
    05-07-2017 02:45 PM
    I know there is a thread for what you want to see, that's why my opening lines in this thread are that this is not a rumors or want to see question, rather as it states, what do you realistically expect to see. People have been changing it to a want to see thread again.
    Tartarus, Ledsteplin and cwbcpa like this.
    05-07-2017 03:32 PM
    I know there is a thread for what you want to see, that's why my opening lines in this thread are that this is not a rumors or want to see question, rather as it states, what do you realistically expect to see. People have been changing it to a want to see thread again.
    I get that. But most on this thread are stating what they'd like to see. The only thing realistic is we have no idea what's coming. I didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with the thread. I like to see what others want.
    05-07-2017 03:50 PM
    1: faster
    2: better screen (the how is speculation, but I expect to see some improvement)
    3: better battery life
    4: Bluetooth 5th gen
    5: a W2 chip
    6: At least one extra health sensor.
    05-07-2017 03:55 PM
    I want cross-platform iMessage. Dark theme and type to Siri. Also, ability to set default apps. Some sort of native display scaling function like the one found on Android Nougat wouldn't hurt either.
    05-30-2017 10:54 PM
    Not expecting much, but I'm hoping for awesome new features!
    bcandiolo likes this.
    06-04-2017 04:58 AM
    Based on the new Files app, I think this is going to be a WWDC that a lot of people are going to be happy with. Hopefully the Files app will result in my sister not complaining to me every time she wants to put a file on her iPad.
    06-05-2017 09:32 AM
    Definitely the Files app. I'd like to be able to move files back and forth at will, like I am able to do with any other phone I own.
    06-05-2017 09:51 AM
    Definitely the Files app. I'd like to be able to move files back and forth at will, like I am able to do with any other phone I own. I'd also like a system wide Dark mode.
    toneofark likes this.
    06-05-2017 10:27 AM
    Well looks like we will finally have access to the file system which is nice. Would also love the ability to set the default apps and also where they go on my home screen (not just the order apple decides they should go in)
    06-05-2017 10:30 AM
    I heard VR/AR could be on the agenda, but MAY have been delayed to the next version. Certainly they are working on the technology.
    06-05-2017 10:40 AM
    Definitely the Files app. I'd like to be able to move files back and forth at will, like I am able to do with any other phone I own. I'd also like a system wide Dark mode.
    Yes! Dark mode system-wide is something we've been wanting for the LONGEST time.
    06-06-2017 06:05 AM