What would you like to see in iOS 11?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I mean, I guess but it's still ridiculous we can't even place them where we want. It's just user hostile.

I just group my apps in folders according to theme. I'm ok with that. But I know many would like to customize more. I think they eventually will add that option. When is the question.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Some really GOOD ideas, honestly I like them ALL, but mostly a system wide "DARK THEME".
Yep! Dark theme, group Facetime, New contacts features, improved Siri, and hopefully control center customization. Such a line up just might sway me away from magic wallpapers.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
  • Group FaceTime will be fun if implemented.
  • I also like @deadp1xel idea about changing colors for iMessage contacts!
  • Being able to suppress badge updates for iMessage threads that are on DND.

wetermommy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I'd like to be able to customize notifications sounds for apps. It's really the only thing I miss coming from my note 4 last year

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I have become increasingly annoyed by notifications. I consistently launch whatever notifications pops up instead of my top row apps I'm trying to access. Additionally, the way they are sorted is a huge mess.

Dark mode would be nice too.

koalasprint

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I just want to be able to do things like navigate, text/message, browse and take photos and video without incoming calls interrupting the whole screen. And, although DND is a great feature, it is not the best solution for this for those who need access to incoming calls.
Also, I believe the DND feature needs to be more customisable. It would be good if you could schedule it for different times on different days, and I think it's odd that it allows incoming calls from, say Favourites, but not notifications from the same group.

ralphelliott

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
Honestly a system wide change of the look. I know it's "iPhone default" looks, but it's been the same for a while, time for a change.

I like the universal iOS look but it is time for an update. I'd also like to see widgets, Android style. There's no reason that couldn't be implemented.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I like the universal iOS look but it is time for an update. I'd also like to see widgets, Android style. There's no reason that couldn't be implemented.

I like the widgets as they are. I wouldn't want them scattered around on the home screen. I like swiping right and having them all in one place. I wouldn't mind having both options, where we could move one or two to the home screen, while the rest remained in the widget section.

iCrude

May 22, 2017
Visit site
Dark mode

Power saving mode icon from the pull up notification center

Running 2 apps side by side

Being able to place apps icons on the screen wherever I want and not just in decending order.

Scheduled messages in iMessage

Customizable control center

Let you set other apps to default if you want to other than the native ones in iOS, I find Google Maps for example to be vastly superior to the iOS take on maps.

Revamped Siri. Siri is not as good as the competitors take on virtual assistants again just my opinion though.

Creates some type of guest mode and also a way to lock down your sensitive material such as documents/pics/media other than downloading third party apps. Some of the competition has a private folder built into the software that you can place those type of things in if you desire.

Create an option where some system and third-party apps can be locked via TouchID.

Group FaceTime which is a rumoured feature would be great.

Make notifications less intrusive the big rectangular gray shade notifications look like something from like iOS 6. They'd probably look better dark transparent with white lettering.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Posted this in the other thread...

I want cross-platform iMessage. Dark theme and type to Siri. Also, ability to set default apps. Some sort of native display scaling function like the one found on Android Nougat wouldn't hurt either.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Dark Mode!!

How many years have we been waiting for dark mode? LOL

I'm hoping that Apple is finally realizing that many users (myself included) actually like dark colors on our devices. If they actually switch to OLED displays, black pixels don't use up battery energy and we would see slightly improved battery life over the current "light" theme.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Can't wait for Monday.... need to get my phone ready (it's been having issues so needs a full wipe anyway)

If you do a full wipe, would you restore from the latest stored back-up? Would help a great deal if so; starting from scratch would be immensely time consuming.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you do a full wipe, would you restore from the latest stored back-up? Would help a great deal if so; starting from scratch would be immensely time consuming.

Might try that first. But I have software that will save certain settings and my iMessage history. Oh and health data.