What would you like to see in iOS 11?

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I really want some style of notifications like android has. Apple has the brains in Cupertino to do this, I know they can. Also, allow me to place icons where I want. Keep the grid. Just let me have spaces or skip rows. Something fun apple.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Access to photo and video from the same camera screen... without having to swipe to change.

Just saw someone with an Android, and the camera screen had a button to tap for photo, and one for video. Would love that!

coolAppleuser

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Forgot to add:

5) ability to see temperature of iPhone. When I go skiing and it's 6° out I would like to see operating temperature so that I can place iPhone closer to body in case of it possibly turning off in the middle of a run and leaving me with no music or GPS tracking
Ok so this made me lol because it applies to nearly everyone :D

coolAppleuser

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Idk why we make lists like this. Apple is above listening to the people who actually use the phones. Everybody needs to shut up and be good sheeple and do things just as Apple tells you to!

Lol really though, when is Apple going to catch up with Android? When will they ever let people use their phones the way they want?

Hello Apple, in case you haven't noticed it is a mobile world nowadays! Why not let me use my own phone the way I want to without being required to be plugged into a computer, my charger, connected to wifi, etc. to do much of anything. I'm a big boy now, I can download apps larger than 100mb using cellular data if I want.

Guess what Apple? News flash - not everybody has a computer to plug into. Some people don't have wifi in their homes and don't want to drive 20 miles to the nearest McDonalds to download an app or backup their phone. It's my phone and my data, I pay for both, please let me use them how I want.

Why not let me have native OTG support so I can plug any device into my phone at any time and transfer any files I want to and/or from my phone? Android has been able to do this for quite a while.

Why not give me a "priority only" alert system like Android's that actually works well?

Maybe a simple file browser to use with my OTG support?

I'm not asking for an Android phone, but why not loosen up a bit and give us a phone that's a little more usable in today's world?

I have to actually go into my settings to select a wifi network or Bluetooth connection? It would be a lot easier to long press the icon and be taken to the settings.

Maybe somebody can help me? Suppose I'm using Safari browser and I want to quickly check the date. What is the quickest way to do this? On Android all I would need to do is pull down the status bar just a bit to peek at the date then let it slide back up. It can be done in literally 1 second. The fastest I've found with iOS is to swipe down then swipe left and then undo all of that to get back.

I've used a rooted Android for 10 years and just started recently using this iPhone when my wife upgraded, so of course I'm used to doing anything I want to. I don't expect Apple to go that route at all, but it would sure be nice to implement a bit of the standard functionality available on a stock android phone.

And don't get me wrong, I do like a lot of things about the iPhone. The 3D Touch is cool, I love iMovie and iMessage and various other things.

But why can't I select the playback quality in YouTube? Silly things like that bug the snot out of me.

coolAppleuser

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
It would also be cool to be able to adjust the speed at which my page scrolls. It's way to slow right now.

Is there a way to "search in page" when using Safari browser?

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Fresh ios wallpaper, more user file moving controls ...there have been times where i had to email something to myself before i could get it in the icloud drive. There also needs to be a "Select All" on Inbox message deleting.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
It would also be cool to be able to adjust the speed at which my page scrolls. It's way to slow right now.

Is there a way to "search in page" when using Safari browser?
First go to the page you want to perform the search at, then type the word in the search bar or address bar, bellow there, you will see "find in page", tap on it. At the bottom left, are 2 arrows you can use to locate in the page each location of the word you're searching for.
b30b80cba26301909a76814493e446f4.jpg
39dd8d8e5250f2b5531304f3611cbb82.jpg
9288566385bc876ea21b6f1cb3b4d7a8.jpg
9152b310520ef92080e611e0036e3cdd.jpg
d72720bd2e54e9d69e6fb148f7fc4f75.jpg
3fe29bf71b95fb4fc21a47bda64c1842.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
First go to the page you want to perform the search at, then type the word in the search bar or address bar, bellow there, you will see "find in page", tap on it. At the bottom left, are 2 arrows you can use to locate in the page each location of the word you're searching for.
Nice tutorial, thanks for taking the time to write it up!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see an "always on display" and with the new iPhone - I wish they'd implement a LED message indicator

"Always on" would require an OLED display or it would murder battery life. I'm sure that's why Apple hasn't already done it. If they could have always on features along with OLED in the next iPhone iteration I'd be very happy.

TG_USMC_VET

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
"Always on" would require an OLED display or it would murder battery life. I'm sure that's why Apple hasn't already done it. If they could have always on features along with OLED in the next iPhone iteration I'd be very happy.

I'm very curious to see what's going to happen with IOS 11...

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see a feature that automatically downloads apps when you set up your device.

Some like to set their phones up as New after an iOS update. It'd be nice if , once you sign into your iCloud account, the system started to download the last apps you had installed on your phone before factory reset.

If memory serves from Android days, Google does that and it's so helpful.

TG_USMC_VET

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
I'd like to see a feature that automatically downloads apps when you set up your device.

Some like to set their phones up as New after an iOS update. It'd be nice if , once you sign into your iCloud account, the system started to download the last apps you had installed on your phone before factory reset.

If memory serves from Android days, Google does that and it's so helpful.

I think it does this already..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro