What would you like to see in iOS 11?

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
emotes .. as optional.

If users wish to download them for free off the store, or the ones they want, instead of bundling them all in, by default in messages. True, you don't have to use them, but then again that same reason can be said for anything,

"Why remove anything, just don't use it." Isn't that how Android got where it is today?

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to see the ability to set a different default browser. As a Chrome user it bugs me if I get sent a link in an email and I have to copy it to open it rather than just click it.

I'd also like to see instant email My email acount is IMAP and supports IMAP IDLE which meant I got instant push on Blackberry and Android yet in 2017 I'm still waiting for 15 minute fetch intervals

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Themes would definitely be nice.

Also, extended TouchBar support... yes. No doubt TouchBar is going to be a big feature (at least in Apple's eyes!) going forward. Feels like we're just at the beginning with that.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
1) I'd like to be able to AirPlay my iPhone to iPad or MacBook. If I'm on the road and just wanna watch something on a bigger screen this is perfect.

2) would like low power mode as an option in control center

3) more control of iCloud data

4) ability to change app sound notifications to personalization

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
1) I'd like to be able to AirPlay my iPhone to iPad or MacBook. If I'm on the road and just wanna watch something on a bigger screen this is perfect.

2) would like low power mode as an option in control center

3) more control of iCloud data

4) ability to change app sound notifications to personalization

Forgot to add:

5) ability to see temperature of iPhone. When I go skiing and it's 6° out I would like to see operating temperature so that I can place iPhone closer to body in case of it possibly turning off in the middle of a run and leaving me with no music or GPS tracking

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to see the following, in no particular order:
1. Place app icons on the screen where I want them
2. Notification system more like Android, or at least an option to bundle app or system specific notifications
3. Mail app not requiring one to scroll through an entire subfolder set before getting to the next email acocunt
4. Local non-root file system, e.g. My Documents
5. Option to drag/drop iTunes content from a PC or Mac to the iPhone
6. Photos folders by date rather than by random characters (when connected to a PC and viewing Photos folder)

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
1 - Themes would be nice. If nothing fancy then a simple light/dark theme would be great.
2 - Transparent dock. I'd like to be able to see the entire wallpaper without that ugly grey color at the bottom of the screen. Might tie in with #1 above.

That's pretty much it for me.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
1. Enhanced file management allowing the downloading and managing of any file from any source. I'd rather not have to connect to my computer when I download music that isn't commercially released.

2. See #1 .

3. See #2

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
1 - Themes would be nice. If nothing fancy then a simple light/dark theme would be great.
2 - Transparent dock. I'd like to be able to see the entire wallpaper without that ugly grey color at the bottom of the screen. Might tie in with #1 above.

That's pretty much it for me.

ditto for me on all these! Especially the transparent dock..

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Realistic List:

Transparent, i.e. floating dock.
Dock pages so it can be scrolled. Nova users on Android know this. When I was jailbroken I had both via Anemone.
Makeover of default camera. PLEASE add a PRO mode that allows control over camera parameters. We shouldn't have to buy this!
Dark theme. Pretty please with sugar on top!!! Not sure if we'll see it despite AMOLED coming to iphone. Android by default is "whited out" and it sucks. Thankfully it can be themed.
And that brings the next and final thing: theming.

Dream list, aka yeah right!

User configurable root access.
With root (essentially jailbreak) comes the plethora of Cydia apps.

garment69

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
A revamped Notification Center is a must. It's fine for a couple of emails but anything else it's basically useless. A close all option in the app switcher would be nice as well.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Daily Do Not Disturb settings
Custom calendar alerts
VIP for messages (like in Mail)
Always-on display
Home screen widgets
Improved Mail app (with Trash all in the inbox)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
😂 I have a feeling this will be the thread of the dark mode 😂

Really I like to be surprised by what Apple has in store for us, so I don't give it much thought. It also prevents disappointment if I don't get the things I wanted 😃

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox